NACC set to charge PM Yingluck over rice scheme late Feb

webfact

" I would guess you don't come from a normal country. You must be from Zimbabwe."

Another case of racially motivated comments. People of Zimbabwe are humans as any other humans of the world. There are ignorant people everywhere in the world.

This reference to Zimbabwe is in very poor taste.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total admission of the fact that the Coup is dead.

Long live the weasle Judicial Coup.... 5 rice story of the day is it. Great the media really helping out with the Power grab.

Won't get away with it though.... its 2 decades out of date doing this!!

In most normal countries with a real judicial system, the members talking about the case in public like this would automatically have the case thrown out... Which is what needs to happen to this dumb case.

Let me guess, you ain't relying on farming for your income in Thailand are you?

Suthep started out with two plots of land. Suthep sold three of them to his publicly-listed company

I think this says all we need to know about your IQ. Sad.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You chopped out the rest of my post about Suthep's land and palm oil scheme that toppled the DP government in 1995, so in case anyone missed it, here's the whole of it

Suthep started out with two plots of land. Suthep sold three of them to his publicly-listed company, using letters of credit opened by his brother-in-law at the bank, then executed a debt / equity swap with an unpublished general offer so that he got all four plots of land back, with a tax deduction for maintaining five plots of land. The palm oil rights of six plots of land were transferred via a Brunei intermediary to a Russian company secretly owned by the majority shareholder, who sold the rights to all seven plots of land back to the listed company. The annual report said that the company owned eight plots of land, with an option on one more. So Suthep sold the two plots of land because the spirit house lady said the karma was bad.

biggrin.png

sorry mate but maths is obviously not important to your way of thinking, you want us to believe that he started with 2 plots of land and sold 3 of them to his company and got all 4 of them backblink.png , how you came to work all this out is beyond me. Maybe you should write it down on paper first so that you can actually see the figures for yourself and try to work out whereyou made the mistake had 2, sold 3 and got all 4 of them back just does not compute.Are you rteally just trying to take the mickey here because you end up with 5, 6, 7 & 8, very confusingw00t.gif

Not really,

it just means where there's smoke there's fire and they will prosecute.

Yet you and many others on this board continue to lambast anybody for suggesting

"where there's smoke there's fire and they will prosecute"

with respect to abhisit and sutheps murder charges.

Double standards, surely not.

They didn't murder to be factual. They were in office........looong still after the buffalo bullies refused negotiation, and looooong after many soldiers were injured, had equipment stolen, were killed. Soldiers attempted to prevent a civil war, silly-in a city under siege of hooligans robbing, killing looting bombing. You and your naive weakness for red propaganda. How silly to call that murder, unless you're a country bumpkin reading the Thai Raht with an IQ of 50.

If I start a dictatorship, I'll make sure you're my first easily recruited red commie boy. I'll even throw some goodies in your face, along with some promises, and dangle the carrot for you till you walk off the cliff. I know you'll go into battle long after any graft, defeat and humiliation.

Yingluck was in charge of the Rice Subsidy programme apparently.By that same "rule" suthep was head of CRES and signed off on the orders arming the army with live ammunition and the ROE. abhisit was his boss and had overall responsiblility for all actions undertaken by the army via CRES. If the court finds the ROE and the use of snipers and live fire zones were a disproportionate response to the "threat", those two are not covered by the emergency decree and neither are the army. Any deaths resulting from said disproportionate response , such as those in the Wat could then be regarded as murder by the courts..

What the rest of your rant is about, who knows?

hate to burst your bubble but the army wre being shot at with LIVE ammo and grenades, were they supoposed to just give the reds target practice. They needed live ammo so they could return fire and protect themselves unlike yl who knew where all the monet was going. The army were not told to shoot at anyone, only to shoot to defend themselves, the rice scam was just that from the start, would seem you have a real problem sorting out facts from fallacies.

Suthep started out with two plots of land. Suthep sold three of them to his publicly-listed company

I think this says all we need to know about your IQ. Sad.

You chopped out the rest of my post about Suthep's land and palm oil scheme that toppled the DP government in 1995, so in case anyone missed it, here's the whole of it

Suthep started out with two plots of land. Suthep sold three of them to his publicly-listed company, using letters of credit opened by his brother-in-law at the bank, then executed a debt / equity swap with an unpublished general offer so that he got all four plots of land back, with a tax deduction for maintaining five plots of land. The palm oil rights of six plots of land were transferred via a Brunei intermediary to a Russian company secretly owned by the majority shareholder, who sold the rights to all seven plots of land back to the listed company. The annual report said that the company owned eight plots of land, with an option on one more. So Suthep sold the two plots of land because the spirit house lady said the karma was bad.

biggrin.png

sorry mate but maths is obviously not important to your way of thinking, you want us to believe that he started with 2 plots of land and sold 3 of them to his company and got all 4 of them backblink.png , how you came to work all this out is beyond me. Maybe you should write it down on paper first so that you can actually see the figures for yourself and try to work out whereyou made the mistake had 2, sold 3 and got all 4 of them back just does not compute.Are you rteally just trying to take the mickey here because you end up with 5, 6, 7 & 8, very confusingw00t.gif

laugh.pngcheesy.giflaugh.pngcheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.giflaugh.png

Long live the weasle Judicial Coup.... 5 rice story of the day is it. Great the media really helping out with the Power grab.

In most normal countries with a real judicial system, the members talking about the case in public like this would automatically have the case thrown out... Which is what needs to happen to this dumb case.

What a load of utter infantile nonsense. The Thaksin stoge posts again. The facts are totally against what you say.

• Like 2

@publicus, you must be tired. Let's try again: "Suthep started with two plots of land. Suthep sold three of them."

What has the rest of the paragraph to do with it? You start with 2. Then you sold 3 of them. What does "them" refer to if not the 2?

20x20xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka. cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif 20x20xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka. cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif giggle.gif.pagespeed.ce.AcGRO3FsZu.gif cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif 20x20xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka.

Even a child can guess how these G2G deals go down.

<<<snip>>>

Right now the amount of rice that should be in storage according to the govt is 10m tons (based on sales of 8.5m in 2013). Actual sales in 2013 were more like 6.5m, so the real number using THEIR calculation should be 12m tons in storage. Other critics claim it should be as high as 17m tons, because the govt have been misrepresenting the sales for 2 years now. Amount appearing in physical stock is more like (let's assume) 10m, maybe less. but since they have pledged 27m tons in 2 years approx., and they have sold about 12m, you'd guess it should be closer to 14-20m tons. So for 4.5m tons to be missing, that's around 20-25%!! Well, the people skimming are nothing if not consistent, people did not call the old TRT govt the 40% partner for nothing. Once we factor in the reality that the rice left is ultra lousy grade, then we should be back to where we think it should be - 40% of the scheme money/assets are missing.

<<<snip>>>

Even a child can guess how these G2G deals go down.

<<<snip>>>

Right now the amount of rice that should be in storage according to the govt is 10m tons (based on sales of 8.5m in 2013). Actual sales in 2013 were more like 6.5m, so the real number using THEIR calculation should be 12m tons in storage. Other critics claim it should be as high as 17m tons, because the govt have been misrepresenting the sales for 2 years now. Amount appearing in physical stock is more like (let's assume) 10m, maybe less. but since they have pledged 27m tons in 2 years approx., and they have sold about 12m, you'd guess it should be closer to 14-20m tons. So for 4.5m tons to be missing, that's around 20-25%!! Well, the people skimming are nothing if not consistent, people did not call the old TRT govt the 40% partner for nothing. Once we factor in the reality that the rice left is ultra lousy grade, then we should be back to where we think it should be - 40% of the scheme money/assets are missing.

<<<snip>>>

Suthep started out with two plots of land. Suthep sold three of them to his publicly-listed company, using letters of credit opened by his brother-in-law at the bank, then executed a debt / equity swap with an unpublished general offer so that he got all four plots of land back, with a tax deduction for maintaining five plots of land. The palm oil rights of six plots of land were transferred via a Brunei intermediary to a Russian company secretly owned by the majority shareholder, who sold the rights to all seven plots of land back to the listed company. The annual report said that the company owned eight plots of land, with an option on one more. So Suthep sold the two plots of land because the spirit house lady said the karma was bad

I must say steveromagnino I thought my story was better. smile.png

Mine is better because it proceeds more logically, with step by step cllarity in a 1,2,3 etc fashion, doesn't include any parentheticals such as "(let's assume)", and, very importantly to the flow of it, doesn't have anything missing, such as your 4.5 tons. My story is self-sustaining and accounts for everything within the four walls of it.

And my concluding touch of the spirit house lady and karma really cinches my story ending, whereas - again - your story concludes with yet something else missing. You have too many things missing and the loose end at the, well, the end of the story, makes it unsatisfying to the reader, especially after the poor soul has ploughed through all of the winding crap each you and I wrote, respectively.

And my use of "ultra" is carefully chosen and sparingly applied for only such a gem as the Ultraman Suthep, not for something as everyday ordinary and mundane as rice, as good as rice tastes and is, even if the rice is spoiled.

I'm willing to open this up to a TVF poll of members to vote on who created the better story. biggrin.png (What ever happened to TVF polls anyway???) You know, in the spirit of things, ol' buddy. Let's go for it! laugh.png

May the better story teller win!

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Publicus

" I would guess you don't come from a normal country. You must be from Zimbabwe."

Another case of racially motivated comments. People of Zimbabwe are humans as any other humans of the world. There are ignorant people everywhere in the world.

This reference to Zimbabwe is in very poor taste.

Zimbabwean is a nationality not a race. There are many wonderful people in Zimbabwe who have been ruthlessly exploited and denied true democracy by a ruthless dictator who turned a prosperous country, known as Africa's breadbasket, into a basket case. Notice how one PTP / Shin crony is on a US list for fraternizing with said dictator. Unfortunately people think of Zimbabwe in the context of the dictator and the basket case he created, not the the wonderful people.

@publicus, you must be tired. Let's try again: "Suthep started with two plots of land. Suthep sold three of them."

What has the rest of the paragraph to do with it? You start with 2. Then you sold 3 of them. What does "them" refer to if not the 2?

20x20xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka. cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif 20x20xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka. cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif giggle.gif.pagespeed.ce.AcGRO3FsZu.gif cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif 20x20xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka.

Well nice to see someone is as sharp as a sausage! I have two plots of land, so I see three of them. The PTP book of accounting. Well done Pubicus.

• Like 2

She will not be able to answer the questions of NACC, because she will have urgent business overseas. Maybe to check the production of the tablet computers in China, or to negotiate a new rice deal somewhere in Africa or in the UAE. whistling.gif

Thailand must have a snowboarder or skier she could visit.Hullo Vlad.

Silently the Govt has approved the police reshuffle in order to move the Thaksin pawns upfront in the lineup of decision makers in the police-force.

Oh well -decision makers....anyway its just a question of time to expect a reshuffle of crony-cards in the respected courts and judges.

lunch boxes are lined up again and Khun Noppadon Roars Thaksin's policy on line again.

I shiver.

come on pipkin you can do better than that! cheesy.gif

No, I think he may have peaked with that particular post. clap2.gif

Standard right wing and reactionary supporter tactics. Try to derail, obfuscute or change the subject to something else

A cut and past job? Lazy?

The NACC’s action goes to show that there are legal ways to deal with government officials who are suspected of wrongdoing. It should not be necessary to block traffic, to deny people access to government offices and polling station, to assault and murder people, and to commit other illegal acts.

The NACC’s action goes to show that there are legal ways to deal with government officials who are suspected of wrongdoing. It should not be necessary to block traffic, to deny people access to government offices and polling station, to assault and murder people, and to commit other illegal acts.

In theory, yes. But as the corrupt government has cut funding to the NACC and other watch dogs (obviously a part of their STOP Corruption campaign) thus delaying investigation and prosecution, more immediate steps were required.

OTOH funding for the NACC wouldn't have been required if the amnesty bill was/is passed, so they could scrap the whole idea and save the taxpayers a fortune. (SATIRE)

• Like 1

Well nice to see someone is as sharp as a sausage! I have two plots of land, so I see three of them. The PTP book of accounting. Well done Pubicus.

Yours truly will be busy today into the evening and consequently away from TVF for most of Wednesday, so I use this post to advise you gents you've been in Thailand either too long or not long enough.

My post to which you refer is a parody of how Thais do business, and also a poke at how certain posters post to these threads in what amounts to a parody of themselves.

The long and the short of my post is that I invented the Suthep story to illustrate an approximate truth of how business is done in Thailand. I invented the story of Suthep to also illustrate how any poster can - and several do - essentially create their own story of how awful the PT government is as far as they are concerned.

Equally, I invented my Suthep post to also show how TVF members who read these excruciatingly detailed pseudo tomes can be taken in by them. There are several such posts that are full of supposed facts, have figures that don't add up, and which have other seemingly impressive numbers that in reality are grabbed out of the air. Each of such pretentious posts purport to reveal the true crime for all of us to see. The fact is such posts are garble and nothing more than garble.

As some other level headed posters have accurately pointed out, the array of horror stories about the government are stories and at this point nothing more than stories in the media. Maybe the NACC will issue a finding against YS, but maybe it won't. We will know when the NACC does this or finally states it will not issue such a finding.

The exact line quoted above purposefully and intentionally used the cardinal numbers, 1-8 in this instance, to show how with each action and transaction, the invented two plots of land increase in number, quantity, each time one of the corrupt elites executes an action in the scenario. In other words, as soon as two plots of land are committed to a transaction, the transaction itself creates a new single plot of land, then, soon enough, palm oil derived from the land.

Thus my invented scenario of Suthep is intended to be informative, insightful, illustrative, revealing, educative. It is intended to call to the attention of TVF members, posters, the folly and the dangers inherent to giving undue attention to media and to posters who play with numbers, purported facts, and other people's reputations and careers.

People are free to post and free they should remain, so it's up to us to refocus our attention to be increasingly careful and selective in what we read and accept as truth or reality, or both.

how many people think she will still actually be here for this, good chance she will do a runner like her brother, we can only hopebiggrin.png

I doubt she will do anything. She will simply ignore all their requests for meetings, and not supply any information. Worked with the Ombudsman whose still waiting after more than 2 years. She knows they won't do anything so simply ignores. Only comment likely "I come from election, we democracy".

In the meantime Tarit will be tasked with investigating all NACC members and finding or inventing something to charge them with.

I so hope I'm wrong.

Even Chief Inspector Clouseau could find a hundred things on anyone in the Thai elites. My light-hearted but illustrative post to this thread mocks the fact. The elites do business with one another within each group's own pals, and they do indeed know what scams those in the other elites are up to, have pulled off, are currently trying to pull off.

Who's kidding whom around here?

At least you now see the Shins for what they are. One of the elite clans. The whole problem is because the Shins want total domination and not willing to share with the others. The elites rarely allow one another to be prosecuted or convicted and even on the rare occasions the sentences are laughably light.

However, it does seem that this particular regime have pushed the corruption, arrogance and ignorance of the law beyond the bounds of acceptability. The reaction from the Thai people may have stirred a realization that the old hierarchies, including the clan from the north, of robber barons must go.

Problem is, the doesn't seem to be an emerging group ready to pick up the challenge and hard work required to turn Thailand into a real democracy.

A side issue I know, but wonder if Red Bull boy cast an overseas vote? Wonder if Thaksin did to? He got his passport (illegally) back so maybe he voted too.

Wrong.

I don't see the Shins as you people call 'em in any way differently now than previously. If you knew that you wouldn't be attempting to make your condescending and wrongheaded statement.

Put on your tin foil hat and go sit in the corner.

Seeing as you are evidently an avid fully paid up member of the PC brigade you should know that it is unfair to pick on sausages. How can you assume that sausages aren't sharp.You are discriminating against sausages world wide. Oh and it's Publicus not pubicus, not so sharp yourself or was that a freudian slip

Edited by soalbundy

What a load of utter infantile nonsense. The Thaksin stoge posts again. The facts are totally against what you say.

Who cares about the facts said Pipkins gaily, feel the quality not the width.

In normal countries, corrupt politicians like Thaksin would have been jailed years ago.

From reading your posts and your blind support of Thaksin, I would guess you don't come from a normal country. You must be from Zimbabwe.

Jailed along with Abhisit, Suthep and dozens of other politicians and high ranking members of the society.
Forgot Thaksin, na khrap.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app