Phuket Immigration Nightmare

phuketjock

I don't understand why you say that the TM47 form spans 2 pages?

I have 2 sources for downloading and printing the same form and both

give the form on one page.

Try here next time

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

or here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/category/6-thai-immigration-application-forms/

I never use any other source for all my immigration forms.

Hope this helps. smile.png

Maybe my browser but that's where I got them from.

Thanks anyway.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try here next time

or here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/category/6-thai-immigration-application-forms/

E

Thanks anyway.

Me too, only difference was the 2 pages were accepted.

Try here next time

or here

E

Thanks anyway.

Me too, only difference was the 2 pages were accepted.

I am certainly no expert but I can only suggest that perhaps your computer/printer page settings

need some adjustment, I used the above site for my TM47 90 day last week and it was definitely

only one page. blink.png

For you chainsaw go and bile yer heid, have you ever made a visa extension at Phuket immigration???

I've lived in Phuket over 10 years and made many visa extensions. I've always found the volunteers to be helpful, maybe it's just a question of attitude on your part?

Bile yer heid?? Did you mean boil your head? Could be it's your spelling that's causing the problem with the volunteers. tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by Chainsaw

Phuketjock,

Clearly you never been to Pattaya Immigration, last time I was there for a visa extension, arrived at 9h00 am with all the papers, got a ticket and I was still waiting at 2h00 pm and I decided to wait to be in Phucket to do it. At Phuket Immigration it took only 35 minutes to do it.

These people rely on the kickbacks from the agents from what I have seen.

2 on the front desk were something to do with the passport stamps 10 years ago and were assigned to inactive posts.

We ran a small hotel back then and they boldly came around once a week collecting passports from backpackers and long term expats in full uniform. They are always pleasant with me though

2 on the front desk were something to do with the passport stamps 10 years ago and were assigned to inactive posts.

We ran a small hotel back then and they boldly came around once a week collecting passports from backpackers and long term expats in full uniform. They are always pleasant with me though

Are you talking about the expat volunteers?

What a lot of bullshit.

One of the front row officers is retired and the other one is transferred to another department according their normal rotation schedule.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

What a lot of bullshit.

One of the front row officers is retired and the other one is transferred to another department according their normal rotation schedule.

Sorry, that was not bs. About I guess 12 years ago or so a visa stamp fraud came to light and quite a few offivers were transfered. That involved thai officials though, afaik there was no connection with any foreign volunteers.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think i know what you mean now. About 12 years ago the head of the immigration office in Patong Beach was arrested with about 100 passports for which he organized the exit and entry stamps without leaving the country.

He was kicked out of the department (and convicted i believe) and several others where moved on, all or most foreigners had to go to Bangkok and after declaring that they where not aware of the fraud received their passport back.

As the Immigration Volunteers only exists for about 6 years this had nothing to do with them off-course.

I remember this very well. And yes, I see the same officers everytime I go to the Phuket Town immigration office. They used to offer to make tourist visas for a few thousand baht. I never used their service, but knew and saw many who did.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Phuket Imm. today for my 90 day report.

What a shambles ! Nowhere to park, two circuits of the car park and still no spaces. Had to park on the road just up from the moto-cy taxi blokes. What a terrible day.

PS. 90-day report took about 90 seconds.

Have a nice day.

smile.png

What a shambles ! Nowhere to park, two circuits of the car park and still no spaces. Had to park on the road just up from the moto-cy taxi blokes. What a terrible day.

Have a nice day.

smile.png

Parking on the main road is the normal now for me. I still make a circuit of the car park. Only chance is if a car is leaving.

Have a nice day.

smile.png

Parking on the main road is the normal now for me. I still make a circuit of the car park. Only chance is if a car is leaving.

Take a motorbike - plenty of parking inside.

Have a nice day.

smile.png

So you had to park on the road, at about a 1 minute walk to the office. The procedure took you 1,5 minute, and that leads to 'what a terrible day'.

Have a nice day.

smile.png

So you had to park on the road, at about a 1 minute walk to the office. The procedure took you 1,5 minute, and that leads to 'what a terrible day'.

I read it as 'what a shambles' with respect to the parking situation. No complaint about the Immigration Desk service.

Have a nice day.

smile.png

Stop bickering! biggrin.png

Have a nice day.

smile.png

I really, really must remember to add a "roll eyes" smiley to some of my posts to help those members who have trouble spotting sarcasm.

rolleyes.gif

Have a nice day.

smile.png

I read it as 'what a shambles' with respect to the parking situation. No complaint about the Immigration Desk service.

Correct! The volunteers were helpful and quick. My number came up immediately.

The girl did spend quite a time on the computer - perhaps they are now checking passports more thoroughly, which is a good thing IMO.

And the "shambles" crack was just a joke. But the usual suspects took the bait! cheesy.gif

4 hour wait???

I would have attempted to bribe the volunteers after 45mins, failing that I would have driven to Krabi. Much nicer in immigration there

That doesn't work! You have to go to the immigration office in the province you're staying in.

4 hour wait???

I would have attempted to bribe the volunteers after 45mins, failing that I would have driven to Krabi. Much nicer in immigration there

That doesn't work! You have to go to the immigration office in the province you're staying in.

not true, some things you neeeeeeed to do at your province but some things you can go to another one..

I have been sent home twice in the past 10 days without my visa extension as they tell me it is not ready. I do a marriage visa & after getting through all the paperwork have always just got a one month stamp after which it gets extended to one year. Must be something to do with Bangkok troubles.

I have been sent home twice in the past 10 days without my visa extension as they tell me it is not ready. I do a marriage visa & after getting through all the paperwork have always just got a one month stamp after which it gets extended to one year. Must be something to do with Bangkok troubles.

Not to worry. Same thing happen to me this Year, and last year. Turned up for a new stamp, oh no - not ready, come back in 7 days. made some noises about no stamp = not legal, usual mai pen rai. i was not happy, but I did eventually get my 1 year extension stamp.

• 7 months later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not to worry. Same thing happen to me this Year, and last year. Turned up for a new stamp, oh no - not ready, come back in 7 days. made some noises about no stamp = not legal, usual mai pen rai. i was not happy, but I did eventually get my 1 year extension stamp.

Same here. Nothing to do with Bangkok trouble but all papers will be sent to the souther HQ (don't remember where that is). Still waiting for my Non-B. Started the process 6 weeks ago. Nothing will happen or it will only happen very slowly, unless you give slip a bit of "tea money" with the papers. They don't say it directly, only telling you to come back with more papers and photographs every time you hand in your papers without money. All totally BS. It's also the same sleezy, little guy who year after year sitting on the second row, number two from left. Skinny dude with glasses.

A couple of my neighbours went to Phuket this week for retirement extensions.

They had to make a total of 4 trips before they got their extensions, They were sent away for such things as their blue house book, a new bank letter because the first one was a day old, a copy of their house contract despite having already provided the book, photocopies of all their previous extension stamps and copies of every page in their bank pass books, not just the recent relevant pages, This was after being sent away the first time after missing out on a ticket to see an officer even though they had arrived at 9.00.

They described a lot of upset people, much shouting and long queues outside (which the staff filmed to show the bosses how busy they are!) . One applicant was heard to state he wasn't going to stuff around there any more and would go to Bangkok for his extension.,

It seems these childish little people are so upset at losing their "service fees" that they are being as difficult as possible with their clients by working to rule, which they make up as they go.

Be warned, even if your application is perfect according to the legislation, they will invent some petty little requirement to send you away again!.

A couple of my neighbours went to Phuket this week for retirement extensions.

They had to make a total of 4 trips before they got their extensions, They were sent away for such things as their blue house book, a new bank letter because the first one was a day old, a copy of their house contract despite having already provided the book, photocopies of all their previous extension stamps and copies of every page in their bank pass books, not just the recent relevant pages, This was after being sent away the first time after missing out on a ticket to see an officer even though they had arrived at 9.00.

They described a lot of upset people, much shouting and long queues outside (which the staff filmed to show the bosses how busy they are!) . One applicant was heard to state he wasn't going to stuff around there any more and would go to Bangkok for his extension.,

It seems these childish little people are so upset at losing their "service fees" that they are being as difficult as possible with their clients by working to rule, which they make up as they go.

Be warned, even if your application is perfect according to the legislation, they will invent some petty little requirement to send you away again!.

I can imagine their frustration.

Seems like they are acting in revenge for having their corrupt payments reported, and it also making the media.

The retirement extension should be an easy process. Just your passport and one copy all pages, proof of pension (from embassy)or the 800,000 baht in a Thai bank seeded for 3 months. What is all this about blue books or proof of address ?

Oh well, gives me a heads up for my next married man extension with WP/Thai income (they don't accept money in bank for this). I'll be there mid December, it's usually a hassle despite me copying every thing I can think about. I expect it will be much worse this year.