Anti-government protesters rally at CMPO command center

webfact

Anti-government protesters rally at CMPO command center

protesters-@-CMPO-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Several hundreds of anti-government protesters today held a rally in front of the Center for the Maintaining of Peace and Order (CMPO) calling on the police to stop serving what they said is an illegitimate caretaker government.

The protesters are confronting hundreds of anti-riot police protecting the center and preventing them from entry.

Hot speeches were given from protest leaders on trucks installed with loudspeakers attacking the CMPO director Chalerm Yoobamrung who they accused of ordering the suppression of protesters at Pan Fah bridge Tusday that left several dead and injured.

They told police not to listen to order of the CMPO head Chalerm saying he no longer is a normal but sick person who can order the killing of the innocent people.

They said they are friends of the police not enemies but wanted them to have reason in taking order of the sick person.

The noisy protest is still on with anti-riot police looking on with patience.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/anti-government-protesters-rally-cmpo-command-center/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-21

Chalerm will be disguised as Ad Carabao and arrest Suthep this afternoon.....mark my words.

Chalerm disguised himself as a door, and Suthep shot his knob off. Seriously though, Chalerm couldn't catch a cold, he's probably making a grand plan over a Johnny Walker right now.

• Like 2

Really hard to believe that Suthep went outside the CMPO office when Chalerm has stated so many times to have him arrested. Geez, this would drive anyone to drink having being taunted right outside his office. Hmmmm.....

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And back in the real world.

Fresh from the stage. Thai media reporting and translating.

แก้วมาลา Kaewmala ‏@Thai_Talk 3m
Suthep reportedly referred to Yingluck’s son as a ‘future orphan’ whose paternity is questionable, etc. in his tirade tweeted

On top of popcorn killing threats and threats to journalists this morning that if they take more pics of Asoke, next time they Die.

Hmm and this is the type of reform people are braying for on here in Englsih!!

Edited by Patpending
  • Like 2

Alcoholism is a form of illness, be it physical dependence built up over years, or a form of avoidance of one's own ineptitudes and fears to face self and others with truth. I guess it could be termed as 'sickness', in a Thai way. Although being sick in one's actions with aggressive disillusionment, after one's sons beat daddy at killing people, then yes I guess he is sick, maybe dementia is setting in (or selective deafness, through fear). ;)

Suthep reportedly referred to Yingluck’s son as a ‘future orphan’ whose paternity is questionable, etc. in his tirade tweeted

On top of popcorn killing threats and threats to journalists this morning that if they take more pics of Asoke, next time they Die.

cheesy.gif You made me laugh out loud. clap2.gif

Really hard to believe that Suthep went outside the CMPO office when Chalerm has stated so many times to have him arrested. Geez, this would drive anyone to drink having being taunted right outside his office. Hmmmm.....

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Who could mock his bravery?

I just wonder where you got your information?

If Sutthep actually said that he is in the wrong, but those protests are peaceful, and things could be worse, you only have to look at Kiev.

So they have gone to where the CMPO is - to where the police are, and to the man who orders them as he wishes. The symbolism is important, because Chalerm is the man at the heart and centre of the emergency decree - a decree the Civil Court has significantly reduced - and one that Chalerm has tried to strong-arm the court into altering on national television in a sickening and unprecedentedly intimidating move. Each of the places the protesters go to has a meaning, and the meaning here could not be more significant, because if Chalerm is indeed as " sick " as the protesters ( and many others ) maintain, he will be the one to watch. Or rather conversely, he will not be the one to watch, as the police do his bidding - while Chalerm keeps a firm grip on the backdoor exit.

I went to soi 12 on business yesterday morning at 10.35 am, i took videos of the protest site yesterday whilst passing thru, they spoke loudly and said; people died bcos of taking pictures...i just drove off at asoke. An hour later , whilst on the expressway,,i was somwhat lucky this time but not for an old taxi driver....i saw the convoy going towards viphavadi rangsit, again i took out my camera but this time they were hostile out of 3 motorcycles, one chased after me and 2 managed to stop a taxi, they were wielding iron batons and pointing at the cab driver. the one chased me could not catch up with me but he joined the other two and started to hit the cabby's window. Is Bangkok turning into a lawless state??? Or Soi cowboy as in Cowboy street. so sad.

I went to soi 12 on business yesterday morning at 10.35 am, i took videos of the protest site yesterday whilst passing thru, they spoke loudly and said; people died bcos of taking pictures...i just drove off at asoke. An hour later , whilst on the expressway,,i was somwhat lucky this time but not for an old taxi driver....i saw the convoy going towards viphavadi rangsit, again i took out my camera but this time they were hostile out of 3 motorcycles, one chased after me and 2 managed to stop a taxi, they were wielding iron batons and pointing at the cab driver. the one chased me could not catch up with me but he joined the other two and started to hit the cabby's window. Is Bangkok turning into a lawless state??? Or Soi cowboy as in Cowboy street. so sad.

I take it you're not new to Bangkok......but if you are, then I'll excuse you for you silly behaviour with the video camera in the middle of a serious protest site....!

• Like 1

First a boxing match now a football match, what the hell is this sports week. dam_n idiots.

por , mae , p' nong , poo ya ,ta yai krub!!! p'nong krub......bla bla bla ..... bang ! bang !! boom boom! arrrgh! por mae p'nong [ talking to the dead and wounded] we pdrc came in peace!! police injured and dead , civil court said,,,,, mai pen rai pdrc are peaceful protestors let them shoot the police. it is ok , go ahead give the police the test of patience; the police are not significant.....boom boom bang bang ; suthep says again, [we thank the civil court for understanding us....we will contnue with the peacefull protest...bang bang bang boom boom bang ....happily ever after!.....whilst the death tolls becomes collective points like games on line.Chai yo chaiyo chaiyo !!!! the peaceful guards of pdrc cheered, whilst counting those gunned down by pdrc. pity chalerm has to drown his sorrows by drinking the famous RED LABELLED Whisky[ chiang choon]whilst suthep gets to be the secretary of the hiso beggars whilst his holy Issara starts to seek the holy extortions.Well; their supporting protestors are just hiso vagrants and hiso stupid brainless slaves....now the protesters are partying, wait til its over; they will be poorer than before. They seemingly look like Tom Piper; the boy who played flute and led the rats to drown and die. how cynical is it....

I really think you need some help mate...

• Like 1

I take it you're not new to Bangkok......but if you are, then I'll excuse you for you silly behaviour with the video camera in the middle of a serious protest site....!

We're told the protests are peaceful. The civil court was told the protests are peaceful so why was his behaviour silly? At least for the benefit of newbies you ought to explain.

It is temporary.

The people carrying out this violence are low grade people who have been downtroden all their lives and now feel that they really are somebody. Losers and drop outs at school and work, they find some excitement at last by coming to BKK and being <deleted>.

No girlfriends ever, they probably come to bangkok and strut around thinking that one day, maybe they could be something. Perhaps they think Thai women will be impressed with this kind of behaviour

Hand on heart, it is only a matter of time before they are put severely back in place, as they annoy the locals as much as they do us. Away fro the mob, they will once more be nobodies, except some of them through FB and Pantip, will be marked nobodies and could oneday run into somebody they have made lose face.

No woman ever, found idiots like this atractive and this is teanage angst, but from 40 - 50 year olds. Tean boy gangs hand around in gangs all over the world as they are loners and loosers. Most eventually man up, but here we have student groups who are all middle aged..... they truly are losers in life and hope not too many thais join them.

It is temporary.

The people carrying out this violence are low grade people who have been downtroden all their lives and now feel that they really are somebody. Losers and drop outs at school and work, they find some excitement at last by coming to BKK and being <deleted>.

No girlfriends ever, they probably come to bangkok and strut around thinking that one day, maybe they could be something. Perhaps they think Thai women will be impressed with this kind of behaviour

Hand on heart, it is only a matter of time before they are put severely back in place, as they annoy the locals as much as they do us. Away fro the mob, they will once more be nobodies, except some of them through FB and Pantip, will be marked nobodies and could oneday run into somebody they have made lose face.

No woman ever, found idiots like this atractive and this is teanage angst, but from 40 - 50 year olds. Tean boy gangs hand around in gangs all over the world as they are loners and loosers. Most eventually man up, but here we have student groups who are all middle aged..... they truly are losers in life and hope not too many thais join them.

And, once again, thank you doctor for that incisive analysis of Thai males. We've been given the impression that they are all hi-so, not lo-so.

I do understand the cultural difference in the quality of thugs the UDD red shirts used 4 years ago, as opposed to this riff raff.

I just wonder where you got your information?

If Sutthep actually said that he is in the wrong, but those protests are peaceful, and things could be worse, you only have to look at Kiev.

I gave you the twitter feed in the post and if you track it back (you'll have to read Thai) you'll see it was coming from Thais reporting from the stage.

If you want to get a handle on thai politics and background, you'll have to learn how to access their language media, either with thai friends and family or by learning some.

You won't get an idea from reading on here.

Here, we exchange views and argue in english about how we see things.... thats all... It's an expat forum where we come to test and swap our theories. We shoud all not get too caught up in them.