Gunmen attack Chuvit’s hotel

webfact

Gunmen attack Chuvit’s hotel

chuwit-1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A motorcycle gunman fired several shots at the Davis Hotel owned by former Bangkok MP Chuvit Kamolvisit early Tuesday, causing damages to glass windows.

The attack at the hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 24 at 2.00 a.m. today prompted the former massage parlour king to come out with his five-round riot shotgun and declare he will never yield to any threat to his life and property.

Five gunshots hit the glass panes at the entrance to the hotel’s restaurant but caused no injury to customer.

Chuvit said he would report the gun attack to Thonglor police station late today.

He said he still did not know the real motive to the attack but admitted that in recent days he has criticised the leader of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee Suthep Thaugsuban constantly on his Facebook page “I’m No. 5″ and this might cause dissatisfaction among the PDRC supporters.

He also said CCTV camera at his hotel captured the gunman riding on the pillion of a motorcycle firing shots at his hotel.

He also said this was the first time he was attacked since the start of the political turmoil.
He added that from now he has to stay alert of future attempt but declared he never fear for any threat and was ready to retaliate in self defense.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gunmen-attack-chuvits-hotel/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-25

Oh great to know that Chuwit is sleeping under stairs next to his shotgun

Yeah, was wondering about that myself. Must have the gun at hand in case of business emergencies.

How many friends do you think he really has in Thailand? Well, I like him and I support his right to bear arms.

A charismatic former MP who has dared to criticise the almost beatified PRDC gets his hotel shot at by mororcycle gunmen, yet you are all desperately trying to pin the blame on anyone but the Dear Leader's mob. Now, if he was a yellow shirt supporter, you would be falling over yourselves to blame the red shirts. There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

• Like 2

Yeah, was wondering about that myself. Must have the gun at hand in case of business emergencies.

How many friends do you think he really has in Thailand? Well, I like him and I support his right to bear arms.

A charismatic former MP who has dared to criticise the almost beatified PRDC gets his hotel shot at by mororcycle gunmen, yet you are all desperately trying to pin the blame on anyone but the Dear Leader's mob. Now, if he was a yellow shirt supporter, you would be falling over yourselves to blame the red shirts. There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Ermmm... your post is a bit trite and unimaginative, and you should learn how to to quote a post, when you post a quote well over done.

• Like 1

The attack at the hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 24 at 2.00 a.m. today prompted the former massage parlour king to come out with his five-round riot shotgun and declare he will never yield to any threat to his life and property.

Five gunshots hit the glass panes at the entrance to the hotel’s restaurant but caused no injury to customer.

He is wheeling a 5 round shotgun around about the time his hotel took 5 rounds. Open and shut case your honor... He shot his own gaff up laugh.png

Well that could indeed be illegal if one does not have proper permits....

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Welcome to Thailand...

You can act tough but when people shoot at it is hard to ignore. The man must be scared for sure. To have so much money and die for politics wouldn't be a good deal. Life in Bkk is great, you can have all the pleasures and fun you want. It takes only one bullet and that's it, game over. Of course guests definitely want to stay in a hotel that has so much action taking place. What next?

You can act tough but when people shoot at it is hard to ignore. The man must be scared for sure. To have so much money and die for politics wouldn't be a good deal. Life in Bkk is great, you can have all the pleasures and fun you want. It takes only one bullet and that's it, game over. Of course guests definitely want to stay in a hotel that has so much action taking place. What next?

let's book a room then na khrap ;)

Welcome to Thailand...

lol, I can tell by your posts, I may have just been here a little longer then oneself wink.png

Perhaps you have... and perhaps I spoke out of turn.

Cheers

My Man! I'm glad to see they missed the next PM that should be voted in by direct democracy!

I concur - If I could vote, he would get mine.

Is he corrupt and amassed his fortune in a sleazy business? You could say so. However, if it wasn't him it would be some other guy providing this service in a country where there is a huge market for it. Supply and demand in action.

About his corrupt activities... you have to realize he is coming from the opposing side of the problem. He is not on the take, but rather has been paying the fat cats for a long time.

It is no surprise that he is not afraid of anything. I've heard it told that he has kept meticulous records of his cash payouts, trays full of Rolexes and provisions of services "in kind". He knows the dirty secrets and kinks of all kinds of people. All of the fat cats, politicians, police, high ranking armed forces and anyone else who has received his "gratitude" in the past are probably shit-scared of him now.

As a prime minister, he is probably one of the guys who could keep all of the fat cats in check, and has the balls to stand up to anything and take it head-on without pulling any punches. I hope that I live to see the day.

• Like 2

My Man! I'm glad to see they missed the next PM that should be voted in by direct democracy!

I concur - If I could vote, he would get mine.

Is he corrupt and amassed his fortune in a sleazy business? You could say so. However, if it wasn't him it would be some other guy providing this service in a country where there is a huge market for it. Supply and demand in action.

About his corrupt activities... you have to realize he is coming from the opposing side of the problem. He is not on the take, but rather has been paying the fat cats for a long time.

It is no surprise that he is not afraid of anything. I've heard it told that he has kept meticulous records of his cash payouts, trays full of Rolexes and provisions of services "in kind". He knows the dirty secrets and kinks of all kinds of people. All of the fat cats, politicians, police, high ranking armed forces and anyone else who has received his "gratitude" in the past are probably shit-scared of him now.

As a prime minister, he is probably one of the guys who could keep all of the fat cats in check, and has the balls to stand up to anything and take it head-on without pulling any punches. I hope that I live to see the day.

Is he corrupt and amassed his fortune in a sleazy business? You could say so. However, if it wasn't him it would be some other guy providing this service in a country where there is a huge market for it.

No wonder corruption is still so rife in this country if people think like you

This guy is a second Thaksin, ready to kill everything and everybody, just to be sure he doesn't have to share the money.

"He also said this was the first time he was attacked since the start of the political turmoil.

he was attacked by the yellow mob blocking a poll station on an election day and bit them up with his bare fists

"He also said this was the first time he was attacked since the start of the political turmoil.

he was attacked by the yellow mob blocking a poll station on an election day and bit them up with his bare fists

As far as I recall (saw a live broadcast), he didn't do anything of the sort. Rather looked surprised/angry/humiliated.

Basically he came to get some media coverage and the demonstrators wouldn't have none of that.