Monk-beating redshirts under arrest: Police

webfact

Monk-Beating Redshirts Under Arrest: Police
By Khaosod English

13958277901395827908l.jpg

13958277901395827921l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The police have arrested a group of Redshirts activists for assaulting a monk at a rally on Tuesday, a top official announced.

Mr. Tharit Pengdith, secretary of the Centre for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO), said 4 suspects have been detained by Nonthaburi police and charged with physical assaults.

The confrontation erupted when the Buddhist monk impolitely berated a group of Redshirts activists under the name People's Radio for Democracy (PRD) as they rallied in front of the National Anti-Corruption Commission headquarters in Nonthaburi province.

All suspects confessed to their crime, Mr. Tharit said, but they claimed that the monk provoked the fights by throwing a bottle of water and prodded at them with his walking cane.

The CAPO secretary, who also serves as chief of the Division of Special Investigation (DSI), then told reporters that the confrontation should be reminder that rival protest groups could clash and the violence could escalate into a full-blown civil war.

"Therefore, CAPO would like to urge the leaders of all political groups to refrain from any act of provocation and confrontation," Mr. Tharit said, "The leaders should be aware that their actions will severely affect the country".

He added, "Furthermore, if they encourage their supporters to break the laws, they must be held responsible, and they will be harshly condemned by the society".

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1395827790

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-26

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wonder what will happen to them, problem fixed with a few Emirati Dirhams?

Sorry not getting it. Please explain.

Den

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wonder what will happen to them, problem fixed with a few Emirati Dirhams?

Sorry not getting it. Please explain.

Den

The puppet master in Dubai.

Dubai, official currency = AED (United Arab Emirates Dirham)

they will be released on bail (possibly paid for by the government) and their cases heard in court in 3-5 years from now... they will be either charged with assult and fined 500b or released citing lack of evidence or 'the Monk caused it' excuse

Didn't know it was a farang monk.

• Like 1

One of the violence lover red-shirts was wearing a Police jacket.

BjpB5giCQAAxOrY.jpg

The same police paraphernalia that I can purchase at my local cop shop store! So what relevance does this have. The RTP did a great job arresting these galahs...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

"chief of the Division of Special Investigation (DSI), then told reporters that the confrontation should be reminder that rival protest groups could clash and the violence could escalate into a full-blown civil war"

What? Monks Vs the Red Shirts? He didn't denounce a political view point, he denounced violence and with the red shirts being synonymous with violence the assault ensured.

​Read between the lines here. What he is really saying "The confrontation should be a reminder that the red shirts will clash with anyone irrespective of whether they are affiliated with a political party or not and they will escalate the violence onto a full - blown civil war" This statement is essentially a warning to anyone that gets in the way of the red shirts that they will be beaten.

​One has to remember the "unaccountability" stance of this terrorist organization. They will not give it a second thought in laying the responsibility of an outbreak of a civil war at the hands of the monk hood if it suited their agenda.

They are as dangerous as cancer, but unlike cancer there is a cure. The rule of law.

Tell that to the popcorn shooter as well. I assume the above comments apply to all divides do they not?

they will be released on bail (possibly paid for by the government) and their cases heard in court in 3-5 years from now... they will be either charged with assult and fined 500b or released citing lack of evidence or 'the Monk caused it' excuse

I see the biting pic. Where are the arrest pics

BjpB5giCQAAxOrY.jpg

The same police paraphernalia that I can purchase at my local cop shop store! So what relevance does this have. The RTP did a great job arresting these galahs...

These "galahs" surrendered. The monk retreated into the shop. All the police did was turn up later and take him away.

Basically, the police did nothing.

• Like 2

"chief of the Division of Special Investigation (DSI), then told reporters that the confrontation should be reminder that rival protest groups could clash and the violence could escalate into a full-blown civil war"

What? Monks Vs the Red Shirts? He didn't denounce a political view point, he denounced violence and with the red shirts being synonymous with violence the assault ensured.

​Read between the lines here. What he is really saying "The confrontation should be a reminder that the red shirts will clash with anyone irrespective of whether they are affiliated with a political party or not and they will escalate the violence onto a full - blown civil war" This statement is essentially a warning to anyone that gets in the way of the red shirts that they will be beaten.

​One has to remember the "unaccountability" stance of this terrorist organization. They will not give it a second thought in laying the responsibility of an outbreak of a civil war at the hands of the monk hood if it suited their agenda.

They are as dangerous as cancer, but unlike cancer there is a cure. The rule of law.

As usual you are putting your basis spin and twisted bs on the forum, apparently you did not read the article from the start. Either way I hope these guys see time in the jail!

• Like 2

BjpB5giCQAAxOrY.jpg

What did the RTP do to arrest them? I will answer that on your behalf if I may. thaksin's little helpers didn't do anything. A bystander videoed the scene and 4 terrorists turned themselves in due to the irrefutable evidence. Of course the actual attack took place in front of the police and the police after standing around as bystanders for some time decided that after fulfilling there blood lust, broke it up. The police didn't arrest the offenders then…If the police are so adamant in adhering to the principle of democracy called "equal protection under the law" where are the arrests of the other terrorists that attacked the monk? Up to 20 I believe..Soi dogs would be envious of this terrorist groups odds. Put a collar around the terrorists necks and call them with a PDRC whistle and they will come running like all dogs do. They are nothing but dogs.

One may think you speak from an agenda driven platform as opposed to, from a factual patio.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

arrest the bashers ?good. no need for that.

but more importantly, its time to disrobe this con artist "monk", he is dragging buddhism into the mud by playing politics.

Some people don't possess a value chain. The Hitler Youth movement would welcome you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

but more importantly, its time to disrobe this con artist "monk", he is dragging buddhism into the mud by playing politics.

Please explain how you disrobe someone who (in your eyes) is not a monk.

You should really give up on that nonsense - it doesn't really fly, actually wouldn't even get off the ground.

You should learn to read.

Oh he reads ok- the daily bullshit sheet supplied to the red boiler room typing pool with instructions of how and when to post the nonsense.

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

True under Thai Buddhism, his acts were against his very oaths to the lord Buddha and the vows that he undertook. This though in no way exonerates what the people did in return.

Buddhism isn't really followed here anyway but from the report I read he tried to stop them dismantling something that wasn't theirs so there wasn't really politics involved in what he was doing. He might well have done the same if the positions were reversed.

Well done for catching them though. This sort of thing doesn't create a good impression when it happens on either side.

Edited by kimamey