NACC allows 3 witnesses of PM Yingluck to testify

webfact

The thing that is really weird, is that instead of finding those that cheated the rice scheme and taking back the money, there is much more effort in trying to remove another ELECTED PM so, the yellows can steal government again, also the NACC dictates that only three of eleven witnesses are allowed to testify, why not allow all witnesses to testify?

Why not finish the 4 year court case against mark? if there is enough evidence then finish it, if no then throw it out...

Why is there not the same effort in bringing Suthep to face court? sauce for the goose,,,

And who are you asking to get answers >>>>?? Thats a bit weird !!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not finish the 4 year court case against mark? if there is enough evidence then finish it, if no then throw it out...

Why is there not the same effort in bringing Suthep to face court? sauce for the goose,,,

There's probably some system of prioritising, based on evidence and urgency. For example, if you consider the case against 'Mark' there are a lot of arguments the defense could use (soldiers used self-defense etc.), they might consider it a better case against Yinluck if they have some good evidence in hand.

Saying this, I think the most probable reason however is because the rise pledging scheme is something ongoing, and if there is corruption, then it's better to act quickly to minimise the damage done, whereas the 'Mark' thing is not ongoing, it's in the past, so clearly both aren't the same and there is more urgency in dealing with the rice pledging scheme.

It's probably more likely something to do with this, as opposed to a genuine biased or even some 'secret underground silent judicial coup'....

....looks like they will go after the 'newly found' perpetrators......small fry.....

...setting up to let 'the big fish' get away......

...absence from all meeting suggests 'premeditated' alibi........

....if the Prime Minister, who 'designed', approved, instigated and implemented the scheme.....is not responsible....who...pray tell....is....???

....and why isn't anyone trying to find out.....where the money disappeared to....and how....???

Edited by SOTIRIOS

Within about 24 hours, the NACC made a decision on Yingluck's 200 pages of evidence and 11 witnesses to argue against the charges in 13 points

Yes, in about a day, the NACC apparently considers that we should believe that it has read and digested the information and requests it received.

Of course, it hasn’t.

Evidence doesn’t matter in the progress of the judicial coup. Rather, the NACC has taken yet another politicized decision and is seeking to wrap up its role in the judicial coup as quickly as possible.

Within about 24 hours, the NACC made a decision on Yingluck's 200 pages of evidence and 11 witnesses to argue against the charges in 13 points

Yes, in about a day, the NACC apparently considers that we should believe that it has read and digested the information and requests it received.

Of course, it hasn’t.

Evidence doesn’t matter in the progress of the judicial coup. Rather, the NACC has taken yet another politicized decision and is seeking to wrap up its role in the judicial coup as quickly as possible.

Ah, the ol' politicized/politically motivated therefore it should not be acknowledged. Same old troll and dance. C'mon Pipkins, try something more original. Creative tank on empty?

Edited by gemini81

NACC why even the 3 you know the verdict you have them hung before you hear from the defense. Thai justice at it greatest. Just ask the Saudis.

Why are not all 11 to be allowed to testify. I'm sure all divides would agree that a person is allowed to defend oneself in court. But then I forgot this is a Kangaroo hearing... Next pTP leader please take your seat...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Of course, it hasn’t.

Actually I think the NACC decided in one day to accept the 200 pages of testimony and three out of 11 witnesses asked for. The three persons most likely to be of help to Ms. Yingluck as they had been puplicly involved in the rice scheme and frequently commented on the success story and the financial details.

Now of course all who doubt Ms. Yinglucks innocence seem to concentrate on keeping on stating 'judicial coup'. Maybe they practise in front of a mirror even to convince themselves?

The thing that is really weird, is that instead of finding those that cheated the rice scheme and taking back the money, there is much more effort in trying to remove another ELECTED PM so, the yellows can steal government again, also the NACC dictates that only three of eleven witnesses are allowed to testify, why not allow all witnesses to testify?

And who are you asking to get answers >>>>?? Thats a bit weird !!

it is called getting people to think, or can we say thought provoking without getting reported as trolling? Very valid point which I also commented on.

Of course, it hasn’t.

And in doing so condemn the great nation of Thailand to HELL, look out all, bullets and bombs do not discriminate.

How can this be a fair hearing when the accused is not allowed to defend herself? Limiting the number of witnesses a defendant is allowed to call in the defense is a denial of justice. How can this inquisition expect people to respect the verdict when there is interference in the defense process? Apparently, some people do not appreciate the concept of an accused being given the right to a defense. Nice.

First you need to return to the country you are talking about

This is Thailand

if you want to live her except their ways

you are only here on invite

there are many of us who do not agree with Thai logic and laws

but we have learn to bend like a willow in a storm

Save you comments for where you came from

and if you want to live in Thailand, then adjust your thinking

right or wrong

And or leave as the willow will break in the tempest to come ;)

Of course, it hasn’t.

Maby they can read faster than yingluck and her lawyers

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Duh, Suthep is not the PM who is responsible for running the country and all it involves, like the rice scheme in which a leader never even bothered to attend a meeting. All he is really is a reminder how the inept PM can't manage demonstrations; or even an ant farm for that matter.

Duh, Where in my post did I say Suthep is the PM who is responsible, Blah, Blah, blah, puffsit,,,! I'll say it (wright) it again slowly just for you Popit ok,,,

"Why is there not the same effort in bringing Suthep to face court? Just in case you forgot, he is supposed to face a court FACT. And he say's No'p I'm just to busy for court, would that be putting himself above the law's?? Try that in another 1st world country and see how far you get, but hey you support him and his lack of morals and ethics huh,

er................ wright !

Duh, Suthep is not the PM who is responsible for running the country and all it involves, like the rice scheme in which a leader never even bothered to attend a meeting. All he is really is a reminder how the inept PM can't manage demonstrations; or even an ant farm for that matter.

Duh, Where in my post did I say Suthep is the PM who is responsible, Blah, Blah, blah, puffsit,,,! I'll say it (wright) it again slowly just for you Popit ok,,,

"Why is there not the same effort in bringing Suthep to face court? Just in case you forgot, he is supposed to face a court FACT. And he say's No'p I'm just to busy for court, would that be putting himself above the law's?? Try that in another 1st world country and see how far you get, but hey you support him and his lack of morals and ethics huh,

Bringing Suthep in is the police's job, not the court's or the NACC's.

Since when are an accused limited to the number of witnesses he or she can use to prove his/her case. When something smells like fish it's most of the times rotten fish.

Rametindallas has already provided the answer (two posts above yours)

This is not a trial, it is a preliminary hearing to decide if it is required to proceed with a trial.

Hearings are supposed to be very brief and concise. That is one of the reasons why it is not required to bring many witnesses.

If such a hearing by the NACC can lead to the impeachment of the PM by the senate, do you not think that she should be granted the opportunity to defend herself, to place the process above any question? Although it's called a hearing it's a trail, it's a trail of a democracy (with faults) against an elite cemented in the 19th century. Do you think the NACC is so busy that they can't listen to an extra 8 witnesses, will an extra day or 2 make a difference. Unfortunately the outcome, which will be guilty by both the NACC and the senate will only bring closer the end of Thailand as we know it today. Elites world wide tend to do the same thing over and over again, but it's 2014 not 2008.

If she is intent on defending herself, why is she passing on opportunities offered by the NACC? I'll tell you why. She is torn between the need to defend herself and Thaksin's goal for her to ignore and minimize the power of the NACC. Difficult choice, but you can see it being played out. At this point, the evidence for the minimal charge she is accused of, is overwhelming. She is now playing for time and hoping that pressure (protests/blocking entrances) and intimidation (read grenades) from the UDD will save her. Please begin looking for her replacement as her time as PM is done except for the formality of going through the motions. The new Senate is 80/40 anti-PTP, and, with no Lower House elected, the best the Thaksin puppet regime supporters can hope for is a process that lets them salvage their freedom. They will not salvage their high positions in government.

will only bring closer the end of Thailand as we know it today

I certainly hope so. I'm so tired of 'one part rule' and 'winner takes all' government. I'm tired of the World class corruption that such power enables. I'm tired of the constant pitting of one class against the other and the intentional dividing of the North vs the South. Divide and conquer seems to be Thaksin's mantra. Thailand as we know it today is not pretty with the constant protests and violence. Time for a new Thailand.

Yingluck said she was a policy-maker and so she needed government figures who implemented the policy to act as her witnesses.

Surely, with Yingluck being the head of the rice committee, she did more than just set policy. Wouldn't the head of the rice committee be checking on the implementation and progress of any policy?

• Like 1

tic toc tic toc.....boom!

Quite so, but maybe not the way you think.

The NACC is politicized. It brought the charges, and have decided who the accused may or may not call as a witness in their defence. I do not call that a fair legal system. Do you? I would remind you of the words of Francis Bacon. He said that no matter how heinous was the crime alleged against a man, he was entitled to have is case advocated.

This decisiopn by the NACC is another nail in the coffin of the Thai judicial system.

It brought the charges

This is a hearing to find out if charges are warranted. It has not brought charges... yet. But soon. Soon.

the words of Francis Bacon. He said that no matter how heinous was the crime alleged against a man, he was entitled to have is case advocated.

Don't worry. Your dear Yingluck will be afforded all rights and privileges under the law to defend herself in court. The NACC, however, is NOT a court; no matter how many time her supporters say it is.

• Like 1

How can this be a fair hearing when the accused is not allowed to defend herself? Limiting the number of witnesses a defendant is allowed to call in the defense is a denial of justice. How can this inquisition expect people to respect the verdict when there is interference in the defense process? Apparently, some people do not appreciate the concept of an accused being given the right to a defense. Nice.

First you need to return to the country you are talking about

This is Thailand

if you want to live her except their ways

you are only here on invite

there are many of us who do not agree with Thai logic and laws

but we have learn to bend like a willow in a storm

Save you comments for where you came from

and if you want to live in Thailand, then adjust your thinking

right or wrong

He seems to think any court should allow an infinite number of defense witnesses all saying the same thing.

He hasn't seen the witness statements or understands what information they will add. Just wants to accept the usual PTP delaying tactics coupled with the let's be silly with our demands and then scream foul tactic,

He thinks YL is innocent and in the face of conflicting evidence relies on attacking the process.

Sad really.

Perhaps he is not defending her but pointing out how absurd Thai version of justice is. No matter if she is guilty or not, she deserves a fair hearing and a fair trial. Yet it is what it always has been... A farce. What is sad or rather pathetic, is you and your kind, trying to justify a banal hearing on the sole basis that you hate the woman.

There is no need in pointing out that this debacle has been going on for oh 70 years and is unlikely to stop until men and women here, especially men start taking some responsibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Who are you to decide that I hate anyone? Nobody is the right answer.

This is Thailand with its own legal system. Everyone deserves a fair trial - and everyone should respect the courts, and decisions based on the law.

Me and my kind - get off your high horse and come down to reality. A government, any government, in any country, that lies, cheats, acts illegally, and ignores court decisions it doesn't like would face the consequences.

People should take responsibility - like answering questions from the Ombudsman for instance? Or not making vows to do things they have no intentions of doing?

• Like 1

Are Yingluck's lawyers completely mad?

Kittirat as a witness?

This man lies for fun. Nobody trusts him, not even his dog.

For people in upper echlons of biz or political power in Thailand, telling the truth is a silly little notion - only for wimps and losers. I think if a Thai adult heard another adult telling his/her own kids to 'tell the truth' -everyone on the scene would be busted up with laughter. Ha ha ha, tell the truth, are you kidding me?! ....what a jokester! Ha ha ha.

She will never get procecuted, and where has all those billions gone , are any of the so called grafters being procecuted, i'd love to know. When will the tax payers money be returned, or do they (if procecuted) do a few years, quietly released or kings amnesty , and off they go to spend the taxpayers money .

Same as that monk with the 40 odd cars , is he in jail yet or still giving out tokens.

As they say this is a travesty and a crime to society ! Bluffers , bluffing justice to a society , who they hope don't care , or if they do can't do anything about it.

The NACC is politicized. It brought the charges, and have decided who the accused may or may not call as a witness in their defence. I do not call that a fair legal system. Do you? I would remind you of the words of Francis Bacon. He said that no matter how heinous was the crime alleged against a man, he was entitled to have is case advocated.

This decisiopn by the NACC is another nail in the coffin of the Thai judicial system.

It brought the charges

This is a hearing to find out if charges are warranted. It has not brought charges... yet. But soon. Soon.

the words of Francis Bacon. He said that no matter how heinous was the crime alleged against a man, he was entitled to have is case advocated.

Don't worry. Your dear Yingluck will be afforded all rights and privileges under the law to defend herself in court. The NACC, however, is NOT a court; no matter how many time her supporters say it is.

Wow you're on a rampage today. Hit the menopause or did you just find out your bedsheet is red. Seriously the "either your with us or your against us" mentality is do pre-civilized.

• Like 1

It brought the charges

Wow you're on a rampage today. Hit the menopause or did you just find out your bedsheet is red. Seriously the "either your with us or your against us" mentality is do pre-civilized.

Your personal attacks aside, what, specifically, do you have a problem with. I corrected deceitful language i.e. reddin said Ms Yingluck was 'charged' but it is only a hearing and Ms Yingluck has not been charged, so he is incorrect. He, reddin, quotes Bacon to suggest Ms Yingluck is being railroaded and not given a chance to defend herself. Again, since the NACC is not a court, the rules are different and I reassured reddin that Ms Yingluck would have every opportunity to defend herself. What is your specific problem?

"either your with us or your against us" mentality is do pre-civilized

I'll ignore the last part of that statement as you have proven you have no ability to debate facts so resort to name-calling and accusation. Here is my answer to you: Thailand is a lovely country filled with lovely people and yet the megalomania of one man, Dr. Thaksin, in his 14 year quest for absolute domination of Thai political power, has caused immense misery and financial hardship on all but his close associates (cronies). Anyone who defends him or his corrupt puppet governments is an enemy of the Thai people as much as he and his corrupt governments are. Why do you hate Thai people? Why do you support a government that shits on Thailand? What terrible things have they done to you? If some Thai did something bad to you, please don't take it out on the whole country; there are so many lovely people here. Truly, you are on the side of Thaksin and Co., or you are on the side of Thailand.

• Like 1

@rametindallas //Your personal attacks aside, what, specifically, do you have a problem with. I corrected deceitful language i.e. reddin said Ms Yingluck was 'charged' but it is only a hearing and Ms Yingluck has not been charged, so he is incorrect. He, reddin, quotes Bacon to suggest Ms Yingluck is being railroaded and not given a chance to defend herself. Again, since the NACC is not a court, the rules are different and I reassured reddin that Ms Yingluck would have every opportunity to defend herself. What is your specific problem?

"either your with us or your against us" mentality is do pre-civilized

I'll ignore the last part of that statement as you have proven you have no ability to debate facts so resort to name-calling and accusation. Here is my answer to you: Thailand is a lovely country filled with lovely people and yet the megalomania of one man, Dr. Thaksin, in his 14 year quest for absolute domination of Thai political power, has caused immense misery and financial hardship on all but his close associates (cronies). Anyone who defends him or his corrupt puppet governments is an enemy of the Thai people as much as he and his corrupt governments are. Why do you hate Thai people? Why do you support a government that shits on Thailand? What terrible things have they done to you? If some Thai did something bad to you, please don't take it out on the whole country; there are so many lovely people here. Truly, you are on the side of Thaksin and Co., or you are on the side of Thailand.//

- Again, you engage in slander, palpable inaccurate accusations and assumption, just confirm my previous statement. If you had read any of my other posts than the ones just presented here, you would know which side I am but you took it out in advance without any facts to support your statement.

I´m not even going into the debate on the quote "What terrible things have they done to you", just a absurd question in order for you to justify your tedious slander.

Sorry but you just made a fool out of yourself with this rant.

Politicians in general are deceitful and frankly Thai politicians make most other politicians look like Gandhi in comparison. The problem lies not within one party in particular, it lies within Thai culture itself. Seventeen coups and counting... Thailand makes even Cambodia and Indonesia look better and not just in politics. The whole infrastructure of Thailand is stagnating because of greedy and power hungry bureaucrats. Remember the purchase of the Russian submarines? Who determined that they cost 300 million a piece (without equipment) when in fact Vietnam bought them for 200 with all sorts of equipment?

I´m not defending the PM or the party because I think they have done a terrific job, they have done quite the opposite but the other option is to have a party that the majority don´t want thus hinder the democratic process. When is Thailand going to grow up and become a real democracy, or developed for that matter? The charade won´t end with you putting YL and company out of business, it will end when people here have become more evolved in their thinking and do not settle for old customs and habits.