PM Yingluck urges Civil Servants to remain neutral toward political matters

webfact

PM urges Civil Servants to remain neutral toward political matters

PNSOC570402001000101_02042014_100152.jpg

BANGKOK, 2 April 2014, (NNT) - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has urged civil servants nationwide to stay neutral towards political issues.

On the occasion of the National Civil Servant Day, the Prime Minister yesterday posted on her Facebook, expressing her gratitude to all civil servants for doing their best to serve the citizens of Thailand everywhere.

According to her message, the civil servants should be proud and realize the importance of themselves for they have contributed to the well-being of the fellow countrymen, adding that the officials are vital to the nation’s development.

She also underlined the need for the civil servants to maintain the neutrality when it comes to politics, adding that they should be able to perform their duties regardless of their political orientation, while upholding the democracy under constitutional monarchy, morale, law and order. Ms. Yingluck also suggested that authorities keep improving themselves in this ever-changing world to better serve the people and prove they are worth their titles.

The Prime Minister finally urged civil servants to implement the work ethics given by His Majesty the King during his speech yesterday.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-02 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

Shame on Yingluck for the last sentence.

Ain't it though...here Yinluck is up on corruption charges with the NACC and the Constitutional Court declaring numerous Yinluck/PTP passed laws as unconstitutional. But maybe work is different from politics because she is a politician versus a worker.

Well yingluck that was a other nice stement on facebook! Everybody, sorry the most of us, are still wating for your statement against to ongoing killings. But that is maby not important enough for you as a so called leader of democraty.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I guess her neutrality advice does not apply to civil servants who have been appointed to or installed into their position by the present caretaker government. More one sided instructions on expected behavior of those who disagree with US, but turn the dogs that support US loose to run, howl, and mark all the territory they desire.

Edited by slapout

Ms. Yingluck also suggested that authorities keep improving themselves in this ever-changing world to better serve the people and prove they are worth their titles.

The mind boggles, "prove that they are worth their titles", words of wisdom from the person who has the most to prove.

The Prime Minister finally urged civil servants to implement the work ethics given by His Majesty the King during his speech yesterday.

This woman makes me sick. She is just to much.bah.gif

Sky, the sadder part is that her statement sounds good to many Thais. and a perfect time to pretend bipartisan.

This woman makes me sick. She is just to much.bah.gif

Sky, the sadder part is that her statement sounds good to many Thais. and a perfect time to pretend bipartisan.

Yes it´s sad. I think I need some ear-medicine.

In this surreal world we call Pheu Thai we have the spectacle of a politician and a party besieged with a sea of constitutional charges. And yet, in the midst of it, she can tell civil servants how to behave.

Her understanding of Thaksin style democracy: you work for the government. Hence, you work for me. If you want to keep a full rice bowl shut the (imagine here) up!

More and more educated people are of the opinion that this country has a society based on self-interest, which represents more of a mixture of ochlocracy (all against all), oligarchy (lobbyists) and kleptocracy (rule of the looters).

I think that reminding the Civil Service to stay neutral of politics is commendable. An effective Civil Service can only be so, if they remain neutral, in any country.

She should speak for herself first, and follow suit with her own neutrality first by being a civil servant herself, not just a clown of a family of fiefdom.

• Like 1

Is she urging the same civil servants that were the exception to the 15,000B per month minimum graduate salary?

I guess so... however even the ones who are supposed to be getting that salary have not seen the money for it yet... My friend works in the Gov and has not been paid this yet.. However he has stated one day he will get all of it in backpay and they are waiting the paperwork to be completed? Hmmm i wonder if this is her next undiscovered scandal?

How can someone be SO 2 faced to tell her underlings to have morale and follow law and stay neutral while the country is falling apart with her lack of morals and lack of leadership and thinking she is above the law?

• Like 1

How about leading by example Yingluck?

Should civil servants look up to your own stellar mamagement of the rice scheme, tablet scheme, water scheme?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I expect the civil servants are saying pretty well the same. I expect most civil servants will be glad when the Shinawatras are kicked out for good so that they can get promoted on merit, earn a higher salary because of their efforts and service, and so that their families can have a better life. Thaksin's cronyism keeps them down. When Yingluck is kicked out, I expect that the civil servants will cheer while the cronies will be waiting for the knock on the door that tells them to go back to where they came from.

Facebook again??? Really??? This so-called PM is no different from my colleague who sits at her desk uploading selfies on FB after she's done uploading crap. A piece of hair out of place is a national crisis for her. Sheesh...

• Like 1

Shame on Yingluck for the last sentence.

Ain't it though...here Yinluck is up on corruption charges with the NACC and the Constitutional Court declaring numerous Yinluck/PTP passed laws as unconstitutional. But maybe work is different from politics because she is a politician versus a worker.

...... prove thej are worth their "purchased" titles. For 300,000 baht you get a title in the local administration, where following you are protected to rub the state and people. Working as you find convenient, having a second activity, using the government's benzine ...... and so on.

This is seemingly the "law" of some part of the civil servants, well known and accepted by the government.

What Yingluck try to "order" is. Be loyal to her system because you are well "paid". Same same but different to i.e. the vote buying. 5555.

Edited by knatter