Most Annoying Bands Of All Time?

Mostly I don't listen to stuff I don't like, and don't take pop music too seriously (or any forms of music for that matter). But, I do find much of the hippity hop or rap noise quite painful to have to listen to. I also always thought that whole 80, I am a rich white boy and my life sucks music, from Seatlle as well as from some of the brat Brit bands of that era, pretty annoying. Thank god for the mute bottom.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both chon's and raro's posts describe how I feel as well.

To expand further about my own taste in rock, it is that I crave some dirt and imperfection - because it is out of the chaos and dirt that the real, gut-punching, mind-blowing enjoyment comes - it also makes the perfection stand out when it comes. And apart from that, I need a great song to hang it all up on, just like Chon said.

To watch Satriani or Eric Johnson is a bit like watching figure skating. Now we can all appreciate that what they do *is* difficult and advanced, but in comparison to a great street skateboard pro cruising in a city and making use of the natural obstacles he finds, the figure skating show just gets boring.

Another metaphor would be to eat too much candy... it's fine with a few quick scale progressions every once in a while, but when speed and showing off technically difficult moves becomes more important than the *flow*, it just doesn't do it for me.

TRIP, I do respect your taste is different mate, we can and should not all be alike, it would be too boring... and also, if you REALLY can make and perform songs along the lines of Sting Me, Thorn in My Side and She Talks to Angels, then hats off to you, and please do not waste another second posting here - head straight to the recording studio! :o Apart from the obvious respect you'd gain from me and others, and the ample supply of groupies, you'd also get pretty rich.

Agree 100% Meadish. I also respect Trip's taste , each to his own. I think Trip was saying that he could copy the Crowes tunes as opposed to creation , but if you can write like them and need another guitarist , pm me. :o

Years ago at the London College of Music , I was always at loggerheads with an instructor. He argues that Jimmy Page was not very good in comparison with Steve Vai

He thought Jimmy Page wasn't very good? Well I would certainly disagree with that.

TRIP, I do respect your taste is different mate, we can and should not all be alike, it would be too boring... and also, if you REALLY can make and perform songs along the lines of Sting Me, Thorn in My Side and She Talks to Angels, then hats off to you, and please do not waste another second posting here - head straight to the recording studio! :D Apart from the obvious respect you'd gain from me and others, and the ample supply of groupies, you'd also get pretty rich.

Our taste in music isn't really different. I like music from bands such as the Black Crowes as well. I am not saying I dislike those groups. All I am saying is that for me, it is enjoyable to listen to other bands like Dream Theater too, whereas apparently you do not. Thats all, just a difference in certain taste.

Agree 100% Meadish. I also respect Trip's taste , each to his own. I think Trip was saying that he could copy the Crowes tunes as opposed to creation , but if you can write like them and need another guitarist , pm me. :D

No I wasnt saying I could copy the Crowes music much easier. What I meant was if I am creating music, what will come out of me will be much more like the Crowes opposed to DT. None of the music I have created has ever really sounded like DT but I do have some slower, bluesier songs, ala Crowes. :o

One of the most under-rated gutarists, IMO, is Johnny Marr of the Smiths.

Dead on fella, dead on. Never under-rated round my house though mate......... :D:o

redrus

Coldplay

Spice Girls

N'Sync

Backstreet Boys

Tears For Fears

The Sex Pistols (over-rated junkies)

Britney Spears

Christina Aguilera

George Michael

Celine Dion

Ronan Keating

Elton John

Phil Collins

I think I could have a lot much more but they're too borring to think about it.

Ok, no offense, but who puts:

Radiohead

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

U2

Aerosmith

or

Scorpions

on the list, have no taste for music, again, NO OFFENSE.

Music is a very personal thing and saying people have no taste is a bit childish. Your choices here of knocking Coldplay and then highlighting the likes of U2 and Aerosmith, which, are both not my cup of tea, although they both have made some great tunes, may bemuse others. Coldplay have churned out some superb and unique music.

I won't poo poo any band as every one of them have a great tune in them and I like a lot of bands in all genres, but for me personally, Pink Floyd will always be the icing on the cake. :D

As they will always be the annoying brown **** on my shoe..............

redrus

:o

'kin waste a space. Let me guess, 16 years old going on 12? I question your age with a comment like that........!

Talkin' of <deleted>, how did that <deleted> team of yours do last season?Not bad, all thing s considered.......!

So, I don't like Pink Floyd. My musical tastes are varied enough without dirge like that and, you can take that miserable <deleted> Leonard Cohen too................ :D:D

redrus

You berate The Floyd and yet laud swill merchants like the Stone Roses?! :D :D

I'm laughing my tits off but somehow can't help feeling sorry for your lack of musical awareness, which goes against my first post but, hey, who gives a smeg. Maybe you'll see the light some day when you get out of diapers :D

Thankyou for your most humble and gracious of replies and, for allowing, on this most special of days, for me to have my own opinion.

Pink Floyd suck cock and you're feeding the fire.

I have many friends who love Floyd and have for many years tried to change my mind, it won't happen.

Its dope smoking, Heroin induced dirge and, no matter how thoughtful your replies, as to my age and undwear preferences, I will not like it. I like music to be upbeat, Motown, Northern Soul, am I allowed to say that without upsettin you though Jack.!

redrus

Whatever, but why do you have to be a tit with your opinion? You could have just said they're not my cup of tea and that's fine, but pretty sad to say someone's preference of music is <deleted>. :D

The drugs thing is a total fallacy btw if you knew anything about the band. This all goes back to the days of Sid and his PCP habits and they were all into a bit of dope smoking back then - who wasn't -

but if Gilmour is shooting up today, I'd eat my hat.

ps - Do you enjoy Coronation Street? :D

Coldplay

Spice Girls

N'Sync

Backstreet Boys

Tears For Fears

Britney Spears

Christina Aguilera

George Michael

Celine Dion

Ronan Keating

Elton John

Phil Collins

Radiohead

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

U2

Aerosmith

or

Scorpions

Music is a very personal thing and saying people have no taste is a bit childish. Your choices here of knocking Coldplay and then highlighting the likes of U2 and Aerosmith, which, are both not my cup of tea, although they both have made some great tunes, may bemuse others. Coldplay have churned out some superb and unique music.

I won't poo poo any band as every one of them have a great tune in them and I like a lot of bands in all genres, but for me personally, Pink Floyd will always be the icing on the cake. :D

redrus

:o

'kin waste a space. Let me guess, 16 years old going on 12? I question your age with a comment like that........!

Talkin' of <deleted>, how did that <deleted> team of yours do last season?Not bad, all thing s considered.......!

So, I don't like Pink Floyd. My musical tastes are varied enough without dirge like that and, you can take that miserable <deleted> Leonard Cohen too................ :D:D

redrus

I'm laughing my tits off but somehow can't help feeling sorry for your lack of musical awareness, which goes against my first post but, hey, who gives a smeg. Maybe you'll see the light some day when you get out of diapers :D

Thankyou for your most humble and gracious of replies and, for allowing, on this most special of days, for me to have my own opinion.

I have many friends who love Floyd and have for many years tried to change my mind, it won't happen.

Its dope smoking, Heroin induced dirge and, no matter how thoughtful your replies, as to my age and undwear preferences, I will not like it. I like music to be upbeat, Motown, Northern Soul, am I allowed to say that without upsettin you though Jack.!

redrus

Whatever, but why do you have to be a tit with your opinion? You could have just said they're not my cup of tea and that's fine, but pretty sad to say someone's preference of music is <deleted>. :D

The drugs thing is a total fallacy btw if you knew anything about the band. This all goes back to the days of Sid and his PCP habits and they were all into a bit of dope smoking back then - who wasn't -

I'm no tit fella.

If remember correctly, my original comment about Floyd, had a smilie at the end.

Jack, fair enough, I do know <deleted> all about the band although, if Comfortably Numb wasn't about Smack, then neither was Trainspotting.......... Gillmore is not doing anything of the sort today, he's happy, lives by the seaside and goes for walks with his Mrs and dogs all day. According to him on a recent BBC Radio 2 doc

I've never said your musical preference was <deleted>, I said Pink Floyd were.

You are one that berates my Musical taste, "You berate The Floyd and yet laud swill merchants like the Stone Roses?! I'm laughing my tits off but somehow can't help feeling sorry for your lack of musical awareness"

My lack of musical awareness. WAFJ

That makes me smile, almost as much as Corrie does.

redrus

Coldplay

Spice Girls

N'Sync

Backstreet Boys

Tears For Fears

Britney Spears

Christina Aguilera

George Michael

Celine Dion

Ronan Keating

Elton John

Phil Collins

Radiohead

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

U2

Aerosmith

or

Scorpions

redrus

:D

So, I don't like Pink Floyd. My musical tastes are varied enough without dirge like that and, you can take that miserable <deleted> Leonard Cohen too................

redrus

redrus

I'm no tit fella.

If remember correctly, my original comment about Floyd, had a smilie at the end.

Jack, fair enough, I do know <deleted> all about the band although, if Comfortably Numb wasn't about Smack, then neither was Trainspotting.......... Gillmore is not doing anything of the sort today, he's happy, lives by the seaside and goes for walks with his Mrs and dogs all day. According to him on a recent BBC Radio 2 doc

You are one that berates my Musical taste, "You berate The Floyd and yet laud swill merchants like the Stone Roses?! I'm laughing my tits off but somehow can't help feeling sorry for your lack of musical awareness"

redrus

Well I'm afraid you had to have it after your first comment. I think your smiley was meant to be more ironic than anything? Anyway, enough of this, it's getting to be a bit :o and :D

Edited by jackr

Coldplay

Spice Girls

N'Sync

Backstreet Boys

Tears For Fears

Britney Spears

Christina Aguilera

George Michael

Celine Dion

Ronan Keating

Elton John

Phil Collins

Radiohead

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

U2

Aerosmith

or

Scorpions

redrus

:D

So, I don't like Pink Floyd. My musical tastes are varied enough without dirge like that and, you can take that miserable <deleted> Leonard Cohen too................

redrus

redrus

ps - Do you enjoy Coronation Street?

I'm no tit fella.

redrus

Well I'm afraid you had to have it after your first comment. I think your smiley was meant to be more Sarcastic than anything? Anyway, enough of this, it's getting to be a bit :o and :D

So, Jack, we'll agree to disagree, to disagree to agree(and more shit Robbie lyrics). I'm happy with that, having arguments via forum is not healthy for my fingers or owt else for that matter and, yeah :D anyway, you're kicking my ass in footy prediction comp............ :D

[shakehandsgif]?

redrus

Edited by redrus

So, Jack, we'll agree to disagree, to disagree to agree(and more shit Robbie lyrics). I'm happy with that, having arguments via forum is not healthy for my fingers or owt else for that matter and, yeah :D anyway, you're kicking my ass in footy prediction comp............ :D

[shakehandsgif]?

redrus

Yep, I'll have some of that. :D

It seems the Aussie has nicked me top spot again :o

Rush

Rush, annoying! try convincing the 30-50,000 fans, including me, at every rush show for the last 30 years of that. The greatest, most memorable musical times of my life have been listening to rush.

but each to his own i guess.

i find jazz kind of annoying. and hip-hop/dance, not really even music.

Did anyone else listen to the late, great Kenny Everett on Capital Radio 194 in the early 1970s? He had a show on Sunday called The World's Worst Wireless Show, on which he would play the very worst songs he could find. It became cult listening and classics like Deck of Cards, I Want My Baby Back and anything by Jess Conrad (such as This Pullover That You Gave To Me) ruled the airwaves.

I wonder if they kept tapes?

Rush

Rush, annoying! try convincing the 30-50,000 fans, including me, at every rush show for the last 30 years of that. The greatest, most memorable musical times of my life have been listening to rush.

but each to his own i guess.

i find jazz kind of annoying. and hip-hop/dance, not really even music.

Rush is awesome. Pick up the DVD of the '81 tour and you see just how great they are. They open up with "Limelight" and it's a real mind blower

Of course Comfortably Numb was about smack. The Wall was all about Syd Barrett and how drugs ruined the guy's life. Floyd epitomises greatness. Dark Side of the Moon may well be the greatest album of all time. Wish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall are all outstanding. Check out the Roger Waters DVD "In the Flesh", I give it 9 out of 10 stars. There's a killer version of "Dogs" on there

redrus

'Tom Sawyer" was good. :D

right UG, Tom Sawyer was solid and off the same album and tour as "Limelight"

All imported (foreign) bands are stale, expensive and beyond their sell-by-date eh moonchaser :o

'Tom Sawyer" was good. :D

right UG, Tom Sawyer was solid and off the same album and tour as "Limelight"

All imported (foreign) bands are stale, expensive and beyond their sell-by-date eh moonchaser :o

This wind-up deserves a triple :D:D:D !

Right.I have had enough of this.Worlds worst band-U2.

Worlds greatest band-Status Quo.Vision,originallity,genius.

There can be no further discussion.Your eyelids are getting heavier...heavier....Sleep....Sleeeeeep. :o