Motorbike in to Cambodia

Blackrider

Hallo,

I would like to know what i need, or need to do if i want to go in to Cambodia with my motorbike. The bike is on my name. Can i just go to border and fill in the papers ther? Can i go to every border? I live in the province Buriram, so for me the Osmach bordercrossing is not so far away. I go ther for my 90 days run. But for to cross it with my bike is maybe something different.

Regards,

I crossed @ Ko Kong yesterday.

Passport, green-book, insurance receipt, DL, (photo), $20.

I've heard Osmach is EZ.

Let us know.

Search archives.

I know a couple of guys did it with no problems at Osmach. Heard of one instance where the headlight had to be temporary covered IF it lights automatically during the day as that's not allowed in Cambodia.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Correct, running the headlights in a day time is against the law, not just for the bike but for cars also. When I was in Camb renting the scooter, they showed me how to turn on the headlights at night when I needed them - dig out a few marked wires out of the busted instrument panel and twist connect them together. :D

• Like 1

Correct, running the headlights in a day time is against the law, not just for the bike but for cars also. When I was in Camb renting the scooter, they showed me how to turn on the headlights at night when I needed them - dig out a few marked wires out of the busted instrument panel and twist connect them together. biggrin.png

Think the guy I know, just covered the glass with tape/card as it was just a temporary 'fix'

^^^ Use a black garbage bag and a bungee cord tomorrow. it will be faster...

Are the cops getting greedier or what? i think it was $1 for a small stuff like this the last time I was there, most of everything was $1.

$5 is 150 THB, that's more than the Thai police are asking for a minor offence! blink.png

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need any kind of DL to cross the border.

Yup.

There is a sign saying 'Int'l license required' but I handed my Thai DL in with the other paperwork and they gave it back without really looking at it.

• 3 weeks later...

This will be my first crossing on the motorcycle. I will cross VIA Koh kong in a few days. What do I do when I get to the border just leave my bike outside and go inside to fill out paper work or do they do it outside for vehicles? I already have my E-Visa for Cambodia.

Edited by showtime22

This will be my first crossing on the motorcycle. I will cross VIA Koh kong in a few days. What do I do when I get to the border just leave my bike outside and go inside to fill out paper work or do they do it outside for vehicles? I already have my E-Visa for Cambodia.

No going inside, everything is at windows.

1. on the left for leaving Thailand.

2. then across road for Thai vehicle paper work

3. down the road a bit and on left for Cambodia entry stuff. Avoid the pushy touts who try to 'help.'

Don't worry

• Like 2

Crossed recently at Poipet- green book(&2 copies) passport (& 2 copies) license (Thai ok-2 copies) insurance (2 copies) for Thai customs export papers.... $20 & photo for visa for Cambo immigration...

don't try to get Cambo customs documents, just tell the Cambo border guards that you have all the documents and will go to customs after getting some food and then just ride on.... insurance is anyhow somewhat useless in practical terms in Cambodia.. ride safe and watch out for suicidal cows and oncoming speeding vehicles..

rode out at Koh Kong no problems Cambo side don't care about Cambo customs forms - just stamp the passport out, Thai side need the bike export papers then passport stamped in easily.

Personally I pulled my headlight fuse out as its easy to get to -- but in 2000++km on road and off this trip not one check point and frankly the blue shirt cops are pussies. don't need to stop.

if brown or green it's military police- behave as they r nastier.. but they will most likely wave u on when they see u are not Cambodian.

• Like 2

I crossed Koh Kong 2 days ago. Got there at 930 am. Thai side didn't even want the copies I made of everything. Greenbook, Passport is all they wanted. I finished everything on Thai said in about 5 mins. Then on the Cambodian side I had one tout try to fill in my arrival card, I told him you can fill it out if you want but I'm not paying you. Lol he quickly gave me my documents back. Then showed my E-visa and got my stamp and was on my way. No one told me to go to customs. Total time at the border couldn't have been more than 10 mins I was impressed.

• Like 2