Wiring Money From Thailand to the US

Hello,

I worked in Thailand previously and I still have a Bank Account. In June I am coming back and I want to wire this money back to my US account. So far the best I know if withdraw this money in Cash(it is in K-Bank) and then take it to the Bangkok Bank Silom branch and then wire using the SWIFT code. I think this will work I was just wondering if there were any other alternatives or if anyone else had other experiences doing this.

Also any info on fees etc. I'd like to avoid getting screwed paying heavy fees or getting bad excange rates. The total to wire is roughly 10K US.

Thanks!

Well if its less than 10k you can just withdraw the funds, exchange the Thai Baht into dollars at a money changer (I use Super Rich) and carry the funds back with you to the US . ( no need to declare cash under 10K)

That way ...no wire fees, no rip off on the the exchange rate and fairly easy and straight forward

Well if its less than 10k you can just withdraw the funds, exchange the Thai Baht into dollars at a money changer (I use Super Rich) and carry the funds back with you to the US . ( no need to declare cash under 10K)

That way ...no wire fees, no rip off on the the exchange rate and fairly easy and straight forward

To all interested, take a peek at TV sub-forum "Jobs, economy,banking" etc...

Thread: "Taking US-$ out of Thailand."

New rules seem to apply. Cheers.

Can't you just wire it out of Kasikorn ? I SWIFT wired $20k into my Kasikorn account last year so I would think they offer outgoing wires as well.

I know there's going to be complications due to capital controls.