Aussie / Farang TV.

malt25

Hi all.

No doubt this has been covered several times previously but save me having to spend hours sifting through past posts I'm looking for advice, info on cable or satellite TV that will provide some NRL, rugby league, & possibly V8 Supercar coverage. A mate in Pattaya says he can access down there.

I'm in the San Sai area. Would True Visions Gold or Platinum be the answer ?

Really appreciate any advice.

Thanks..... Mal.

Edited by onthedarkside
Font changed back to default

The Australian Network won't provide the sports he's looking for, they do have the AFL though...

In the past the Rugby League was shown through Setanta Channel. I think that's what you might be needing, whoever provides that.

True sports has Setanta channel , which shows some NRL games Live. If you check the Setanta channel you will see their Live schedule shows Setanta and Setanta Plus . True has just the Setanta channel so ignore games that have only Live + on the website . eg. Dragons v Warriors is not being shown Live on True because it's only on Setanta+, but Raiders v Storm is because it is on Setanta and Setanta+ .

http://www.setanta.com/asia/

As you can see plenty of other live rugby too.

FYI The UN Irish pub shows lots of Aussie sports, as does Downunder bar.

True sports has Setanta channel , which shows some NRL games Live. If you check the Setanta channel you will see their Live schedule shows Setanta and Setanta Plus . True has just the Setanta channel so ignore games that have only Live + on the website . eg. Dragons v Warriors is not being shown Live on True because it's only on Setanta+, but Raiders v Storm is because it is on Setanta and Setanta+ .

http://www.setanta.com/asia/

As you can see plenty of other live rugby too.

FYI The UN Irish pub shows lots of Aussie sports, as does Downunder bar.

Thanks. Forgot about Setanta. This a major reason I gave up on TrueVision 3 years back. They could have had it all but being dumb they lost it all. Any venue has to have both systems.

The Australia channel,on CTH, has an excellent daily program guide on their web site www.australianetwork.com pity CTH and True can't do the same, you can spend more time searching than actually viewing..

Lots of old Oz favourites on Australia channel (CTH) ,4 Corners,Foreign Correspondent and excellent docos, world and local news etc

As for sport its mainly AFL (aerial ping pong .... live) but sport wrap ups on "Grandstand" plus soccer and some other sports .

If you are a rugby league and rugby union fan then True Visions is probably your best bet. Super Knowledge at 590 Baht per month is the cheapest package with Setanta.

If you have a fast internet connection and a good VPN (usually not a free version) you can watch ABC iView which has most of the good ABC programs which you can watch when you want to watch rather than at a the specific program time. The TV programs remain available for several weeks.

Go and talk to Stewart, the guvnor at The DownUnder Pub (on Loi Kroh, near the river).

He has all Aussie sports and he'll be able to tell you what you can get in CM and what you can get over the interwebnet.

Go and talk to Stewart, the guvnor at The DownUnder Pub (on Loi Kroh, near the river).

He has all Aussie sports and he'll be able to tell you what you can get in CM and what you can get over the interwebnet.

Stewart has all NRL games including State of Origin, I think he subscribes to the NRL channel in Aus and If I recall about $100 a year.

The Australia channel,on CTH, has an excellent daily program guide on their web site www.australianetwork.com pity CTH and True can't do the same, you can spend more time searching than actually viewing..

Lots of old Oz favourites on Australia channel (CTH) ,4 Corners,Foreign Correspondent and excellent docos, world and local news etc

As for sport its mainly AFL (aerial ping pong .... live) but sport wrap ups on "Grandstand" plus soccer and some other sports .

Unfortunately Australian Network might not be around for much longer. The Abbott government is making noises about stopping its funding. A bloody shame.

khwaibah, I think you'll find it will be available on Truevisions come Tuesday 22nd of April's new programming & renumbering.

It is listed as channel 125 on the new listing, it has been rumoured that the Australian Network was coming to Truevisions for at least the last 6 months, at last it appears that it will be available in just a couple of days.

CANDA

khwaibah, I think you'll find it will be available on Truevisions come Tuesday 22nd of April's new programming & renumbering.

It is listed as channel 125 on the new listing, it has been rumoured that the Australian Network was coming to Truevisions for at least the last 6 months, at last it appears that it will be available in just a couple of days.

CANDA

You are correct..

10275948_716390491760938_201007754004135