Fatal Bangkok crash: Teenager sentenced to 2 years imprisonment for reckless driving

webfact

...is that all that 9 lives are worth these days....???

....God forbid those 48 hours community work eat into her social life.....

They should have cut her Facebook and Line access.....that would have really shown her the error of her ways.

They should have cut her ( Father Ted Quote,<deleted> throat )

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's something disgusting this world is disgusting. Unfortunately it's not only in Thailand,but all over. I'm Italian and I remeber the Cermis tragedy.twenty people died because some peace of shit play to do rambo with a plane. Who has paid for that? no one.To be clear:I have nothing against USA, but i want to say it's the same thing Powerfull family in this case ..powerfull nation in the Cermis disaster. It's a shit! sorry for my english but I think u can understand. ah very good forum,usefull Thanks bye to all

Marco.

Her birth certificate went missing soon after this accident.

ID she held in the US turned up indicating she was 19 years old at the time of the accident. (Which would have meant prison time).

So go figure.

• Like 2

^Pralaad SameSameButDifferent: The AFFLUENZA DEFENSE Lives On

16-yr old Texas teen gets 10 years’ probation for causing a DWI wreck that killed four people and devastated three families late 2013:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/12/the-affluenza-defense-judge-rules-rich-kids-rich-kid-ness-makes-him-not-liable-for-deadly-drunk-driving-accident/

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/12/10/5408563/teen-sentenced-to-10-years-probation.html?rh=1

Yes my understading is that in the state of Texas is that consuming beer while driving was not considered even an infraction until recently.

That was YEARS ago in Texas. The state now has some of the toughest laws in the US. A third conviction for drunk driving is a felony and could get you ten years in jail -- that's not if you hurt anyone, that's just for being over the limit.

^Pralaad SameSameButDifferent: The AFFLUENZA DEFENSE Lives On

16-yr old Texas teen gets 10 years probation for causing a DWI wreck that killed four people and devastated three families late 2013:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/12/the-affluenza-defense-judge-rules-rich-kids-rich-kid-ness-makes-him-not-liable-for-deadly-drunk-driving-accident/

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/12/10/5408563/teen-sentenced-to-10-years-probation.html?rh=1

Yes my understading is that in the state of Texas is that consuming beer while driving was not considered even an infraction until recently.

That was YEARS ago in Texas. The state now has some of the toughest laws in the US. A third conviction for drunk driving is a felony and could get you ten years in jail -- that's not if you hurt anyone, that's just for being over the limit.

Sorry that was not years ago, it h append late 2013, I was in the US at the time and it was all over the news.

I have not read all comments, but each must think about: she was a girl of 16, that means, girls are normally not aggressive drivers. She phoned, that means, this is not criminal, but not aloud by car driving. The accident is terrible, caused by her, but in her brain was nothing criminal. How many people phone in car. But here was a very, heavy fate. Terrible. 9 dead. But to destroy a young girl completely would be also criminal. The USA is a democratic state with inhuman practice in many kinds of facts.

It's a schizophrenic society, so religious but kill the people like they want. They have punishment by poison, what is not certificated by law. They kill people after 20 years and more after imprisoment, waiting for their dead. This is murder of the state, double and more. And, maybe was an error of justic, like some month ago, after 20 years. They pay only for 10 years. This is for to laugh by a devil. They have torture, Guantanamo, they kill by drones private persons en masse, they make wars by lies.

In Europe a teenager has special laws, in USA isn't the same.

Please, USA: NSA, Wikileads, Snowden.

I hate this kind of falseness by argues.

Very nice and full of feeling post.

Of course.

And when did run out your medicine?

• Like 1

"She appealed the sentence."

What an unpleasant little..................

Just shows what a spoiled little.......... she is. Killing innocents and thinking that she should not be punished.

Now then, where is that other lovely lad, the spoiled lying Moo Ham. Bring him on. whistling.gif

<

I think the mental anguish this young lady will carry with her for the rest of her life. Is sufficient punishment. Past is past. No reason to destroy her life, even more than it is. Western ideology does not fit in a Buddhist culture and it shouldn't fit in either. I understand restitution and revenge, when you go looking for revenge dig two graves, ........it was a tragic accident leave it at that.......

You tried this line on another thread recently didn't you?

If she had any 'mental anguish' she would not appeal the sentence.

I think you are so far away from reality that you have no ability to comprehend what is going on here. Perhaps if one or more of those great looking boys that are so affectionately clinging to Dad in your avtar were to be torn apart and squashed beyond recognition by a teenage driver who may or may not be under the influence also, you may not be so inclined to greet the driver with a warm hug and say, 'don't worry the past is in the past, I don't mind!' You think you are being clever, when you are in fact being something far from it, but you are not worth a 3 day holiday for the temporary satisfaction of saying it. By the way, jailing her would not ruin her life, it would prolong it. If I were the Father of one of those she killed the two years she spent in jail would be the only two she would be safe.

The prison term was, however, probated for three years, plus three year behavior control, 48 hours of working to caring road accident patients, and report authorities every three months. She appealed the sentence.

Perfect! That gives any responsible judge, the opportunity to see she has zero remorse and give her proper jail time for 5 years. Perhaps the Thai's need to start a Government 'petition' site as we have in many countries now, and then The Coven that Heavy Drinkers wife belongs to and the Coven my wife belongs to would make the first 26 signatures to have this girl behind bars for a long time.

I have to report to the authorities every 3 months and i did'nt even kill anybody. sad.png

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not sure whats happened here, i have been reading repeatedly on TVF for the past few weeks about how the courts need to be respected and their virtuosity in Thailand.

And people have been denying the existence of the amart or upper crust untouchables.

Yes, they exist. Another prominent example would be wealthy senior PTP cabinet member Chalerm, whose son Wanchalerm got away with shooting a policeman in cold blood several years ago. Why do the Red shirts tolerate that?

I think the mental anguish this young lady will carry with her for the rest of her life. Is sufficient punishment. Past is past. No reason to destroy her life, even more than it is. Western ideology does not fit in a Buddhist culture and it shouldn't fit in either. I understand restitution and revenge, when you go looking for revenge dig two graves, ........it was a tragic accident leave it at that.......

What are you going to say if or when one of those kids in the pic kill some innocent travellers in a smash, because he was on his mobile..............."It was a tragic accident, leave it at that" or even worse one of those kids get killed in the same way..................It was a tragic accident, leave it at that !

16 and driving a van???? Driving age for car/van licence is 18 ;;;Why,Why,would anyone of the 9 or anyone else who could have used their brain(what brain?) go put their life in the hands of a child with no licence. LOS (land of slaughter)

Thailand Health and Safety is like ;;beating a death horse ;;

Edited by Doc46

Apparently she thinks that the sentence is still too harsh as she is appealing.

Edit: Realised that I misread that. This is the slightly increased sentence following her appeal of the original sentence.

She did not appeal. The victims families appealed hoping for time for the girl. Did not work out for them.

You are wasting your time mate. The first article is purposely written to confuse and the second is khao sod. coffee1.gif

Really? Justice prevails? Mom and Dad didn't pay the right people the correct amount of money. Wow! I'm shocked! Not

"The prison term, however, was commuted to four year probation instead with 48 hours of charity working for one year."

Yeah, this is still Thailand! cheesy.gif

Edited by connda

Out of curiosity, what would be the punishment for 16 year old say in US or AU or UK?

Nine counts of vehicular homicide, or manslaughter - about 25 to Life.........an aquaintence of mine hit a man with his truck mirror walking on a dark road, the man died - he was driving while impaired (legal jargon for close to the limit), did 12 years of a 20 year sentence - he was 17 when it happened...........he's been sober ever since and now successful in the construction business.

you are wrong, this it's not a fortuneless case of a careful driver who had a mistake, she was driving with no license and talking by phone, she has to face all consequences of what she did

• Like 1

16 and driving a van???? Driving age for car/van licence is 18 ;;;Why,Why,would anyone of the 9 or anyone else who could have used their brain(what brain?) go put their life in the hands of a child with no licence. LOS (land of slaughter)

Thailand Health and Safety is like ;;beating a death horse ;;

I think you need to read the report of what happened... slowly...

Out of curiosity, what would be the punishment for 16 year old say in US or AU or UK?

In New Zealand....life imprisonment....with a minimum chance of parole of 17 - 21 years...and restitution to the victims families (however small the amount is)...plus (possibly) a lifelong ban from ever driving a motor vehicle again.

Rubbish.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not sure whats happened here, i have been reading repeatedly on TVF for the past few weeks about how the courts need to be respected and their virtuosity in Thailand.

And people have been denying the existence of the amart or upper crust untouchables.

Yes, they exist. Another prominent example would be wealthy senior PTP cabinet member Chalerm, whose son Wanchalerm got away with shooting a policeman in cold blood several years ago. Why do the Red shirts tolerate that?

I think you are missing the point being made. Lots of wealthy/connected people of all political stripes, police, military get off very lightly from serious charges. The point was nothing to do with political affiliation, it was asserting that the judges/courts are beyond influence or reproach which has been repeatedly punched out on here in recent weeks, when they are clearly not up above influence or dare i say bias and corruptibility.

Unless the law in Thailand distinctly differentiates between punishments that are given to people with money/connections, and those without, then the judges are clearly making decisions based on 'other' influencing factors.

• Like 1

If you think Chalerm is amaart, you don't understand class structures.

The

The ruling is shameful, but this is the system you get when peasants are ruled by elites.

It happens all over the world. Unfortunately, in some countries it happens a lot more than others.

If she isn't driving again already, I will be surprised.

• Like 1