One hour protest shuts down Chaofa West

Lite Beer

It was much more fun when it was a single lane track - then you really had to concentrate.

But the speed bumps they've put in now probably caused the accident today instead of preventing it.

Reports say it was raining - rain on strips of painted road = trouble.

It was not raining & the speed humps do not have paint & they are barely humps at all. One of those humps could not throw a heavy truck from one side of the road to the other. The truck was off the road on the left side but facing in the opposite direction. The pickup & the jazz were both on the left side facing the correct way.

The report on the blog which shall not be quoted on Thaivisa said it had been raining. Maybe you arrived later?

The speed bumps were initially strips of black tarmac. Unless they were replaced yesterday by strips of alternating white and yellow tarmac, I would say that they had been painted - with nice, shiny, slippery when wet, paint.

Can't have been much rain or it dried really quickly. Whatever way you look at, wetness & speed humps should not have thrown the truck off course but I have seen some dirt trucks flat out on that stretch of road & elsewhere. Seems to me 2 lives snuffed out because of speed & leaving devastated families.

He who shall not be quoted reported "light rain" and you know how quickly it evaporates here! And it's the first light rain that makes dirty, oily roads very slippery. Even without the painted speed bumps.