Used Car Title Transfer?

Hello all,

I am currently in Los Angeles and cannot get back to CM for a month or so. I have bought a Suzuki Carbian from a ex pat in CM. Problem is, I nor the wife are in CM to handle the transfer into my/our name. What is the procedure in a used car title transfer? Is it like in the states where the seller just signs the pink slip (title) and relinquishes the vehicle to the new owner?

Can this seller just sign the title and I can have someone pick the car up from him? And when I get back I can do the paperwork?

Any advice would help me greatly.

Thanks

Hello all,

I am currently in Los Angeles and cannot get back to CM for a month or so. I have bought a Suzuki Carbian from a ex pat in CM. Problem is, I nor the wife are in CM to handle the transfer into my/our name. What is the procedure in a used car title transfer? Is it like in the states where the seller just signs the pink slip (title) and relinquishes the vehicle to the new owner?

Can this seller just sign the title and I can have someone pick the car up from him? And when I get back I can do the paperwork?

Any advice would help me greatly.

Thanks

Well, I think it goes something like this...

the seller has to get some paperwork from the local motor office dept.

he will sign on two or 3 or these sheets and in the blue book to "authorise the transfer"

Seller can then hand over vehicle, paperwork and blue book to you or you agent/friend.

Once you have all this is your possession you can complete the transfer at the office when you get back to Thailand.

To actually transfer the vehicle dont you need a proof of address paper from immigration within a few days (2 weeks??) of the day your trying to get it transfered ?? Thats for expat owner and tabien baan copy if Thai ??

I am 99% sure my buddy has a bike thats got an untransferable green book as the farang on the paperwork has left and they cant get the residence slip to move it over.. He tried to do what the OP is thinking and then when it came time to tie up the loose ends the other guy had moved on etc.