PDRC leader Suthep submits petition to Senate

If thats not a prime opportunity to arrest this bonehead, i dont know what is

Where's Chalerm when you need him? He's still a director at CAPO. He could have stepped up and arrest Suthep in front of the cameras and become a national hero instead of a national joke. Even the old lady who guards him isn't armed with her walking stick.

Oh well, maybe he was too busy summoning up enough Dutch courage.

He wanted to but he had misplaced his fake glasses with the plastic moustache & eyebrows attached.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like Surachai won. 96 to 51

Considering the count, it doesn't look good for Yingluck.

Sounds like there'll be nothing on a new PM for a while. For sure not tonight.

suthep praised the election of the Senate President in part of his speech tonight, and I quote, "our dream came true".

So much for the perceived independence of the new Senate President coffee1.gif

When was it all going to come unstuck now, as you said yesterday?

Edited by The Deerhunter

what about aiding and abetting a fugitive? are there laws concerning that in Thailand?

If the CC can remove a PM for taking a small pay from a cooking show, why can they prosecute politicians that take their picture with a known fugitive?

Justice in this country is a joke.

• Like 2

As much as I like what this man has done lately to help Thailand, he should now step down. He has achieved what he set out to do, now let others finish what needs to be done without any distractions.

I sincerely hope he has achieved what he set out to do. But there is still to many Shinawatra's in the Government and hired political fools in the government.

Not sure if they will be rooted out. Waiting to see what the Senate does. Hopefully they will seize the chance to give Thailand a new and honest start.

Really hard to say with the red shirt loony's still running loose. Perhaps and it hurts to suggest this but a non partisan leader with the backing of the army. Natural with the understanding that they were to undertake reforms in an openly manor. Looking for input from all sectors of society including red shirts Muslims from the South and every sector in between. Try to make it truly a united country.

It will mean that a lot of politicians will have to find jobs as there will be no room for there biased or paid for voices.

The new constitution will of course need some changes most of them just clarifying statements and defiantly adding penalties.

Also to make it work the police department will have to be rebuilt. It has not really got a solid foundation and needs a complete rebuild. I would also suggest that the penalties for crime be sensible and put in to action as soon as possible. Yes the LM laws need tweaking but not as much as people would have them. I heard of a fellow being sentenced to jail for stepping on a coin that was rolling. They said he disrespected the King. Unless he had deliberately started the coin to roll so he could step on it that would be a ridicules charge.

It goes with out saying the new constitution should be put to the people for a vote. Along with a lot of people to explain it to those who don't under stand it. Also a time limit for the completion of it.

There is a lot of work ahead for the betterment of Thailand but at least now they have started to remove some of the cancer that has been in the way.

• Like 1

suthep praised the election of the Senate President in part of his speech tonight, and I quote, "our dream came true".

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

In another thread, IIRC I believe some Red Heads opined that Yingluck was safe because it would take 90 votes to convict her. With Surachai getting 96 votes, it might not be so difficult after all.

And with the impeachment indictment now sitting in the Senate, will they extend the session?

If so, one wonders if Suthep could be gaining traction.

I can just imagine the PTP boys scrambling to negotiate with Abhist to avoid a worst case scenario.

It just keeps getting better.

Actually, I didn't say it was all going to come unstuck, either yesterday or any other day - and what do you mean by it?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Suthep was welcomed in the parliament "

How can somebody with an arrest warrant on him, and wanted for violence and seizing public properties be welcomed in the parliament ?

See the following post.

If that does'nt highlight the disarray of the caretaker ruling party,what does?

Great Point. The bonehead will not have an answer for that. There was no information in the folder of posts he is using. He is on his own with this one.

• Like 1

So forward into Thaksinland is good.

Stopping vote buying and corruption and make a government of honest people and pay the farmer well for their products is backwards? Well that I like backwards.

Stop with the Thaksin hogwash... it was never about that... it was about grabbing power.... if you think for a minute these Miraculous yet unspoken reforms are going to change the MO of the major players ( much more major than Taksin ever was) you are blinded by what I know not, but blinded nonetheless Thaksin was just the opportune target of the moment... The good old boys aren't going to give up their ways and means for any farmers benefit...much less "the people" get real... only for their people ...Money talks here and everything else comes in third...I'll be curious to see in a year much less 18 months what if anything has been reformed...Impossible when you have Courts and agencies private councils, generals, commisions that are not independant and some of which may be in someones pocket and laws that are not enforced and so on and on and on...reform will take decades and doesn't have a convenient face to bash.. because it is everyones face...Try looking at the bigger picture.

The Thaksin "hogwash" is all about power too. Thaksin keeping it. You are wrong about the respective levels of corruption over the last 10- 20 years. He has been the biggest offender in "self-Help" Even boasted about it. Many people on the other side from you, including me worry about just how many Thai politicians really want a corruption free workplace. It is a lomg ingrained bad habit, but te internet makes it harder for people to do bad things & get away with it, amnd/or be hypocrites.. TIT & Time will tell. Join with us if there is a change oif government and help to constructively keep them on the S&N. Sorry but I think YL's lot are beyond help. Hope you are wrong.

Interesting quote from Dirt Farmer

"you are blinded by what I know not,"

Just another item on the lists of he knows not what.

Thailand has taken a baby step towards having an honest Government. Soon to become a juggernaut.thumbsup.gif

"Suthep was welcomed in the parliament "

How can somebody with an arrest warrant on him, and wanted for violence and seizing public properties be welcomed in the parliament ?

How ? Suspend all the normal rules,anything can happen in Thailand,it's not referred to as TIT for nothing!

• Like 1

Anyone got a book open who the PDRC will name as next PM? My money is still on Prawit Wongsuwan, though I heard Anand was lobbying hard, but Prawit and other senior figures behind the PDRC put an end to that idea. I guess they'll want more of a hardliner rather than someone seen as a figure of compromise, as we can expect there'll be a lot of dissent which will have to be dealt with harshly. Pridiyathorn is another possibility I guess, but he's more likely to get Finance and Dept PM. Then I suppose there's the distant possibility of them naming someone completely leftfield that nobody was expecting... like Maj Gen Chamlong or the other former PAD leader, Somsak, who Suthep was at the Senate with earlier. Suthep taking the role himself is still an outside bet, too, of course.

Why does the PDRC get to nominate the next PM? Are they a political party? Are they sitting in Parliament? Are we now making up the rules as we go along?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by srsv1238
  • Like 2

Moonao

I agree with you 100%. Looks like their handing Suthep the keys to the city

Yingluck is on the way to Bangkok Hilton soon, if she do not run away to Dubai quick enough.

Did you write this as a proof of your signature line?

He also asked Suthep and his supporters not to resort to violence and illegal methods so that their demands could be met.

Hmmm..... this reeks as well...lt can be interpreted a number of ways...but none so straight forward as to say 'Hey if you are good you will get what you want Wunderkind Thaugsuban' well folks ya Suthep/Abhisit/Dems/PAD boot lickers ya got what ya wanted.. A surefire Judicial/political coup...hope you're happy with how it plays out in the long run...Thailand has leapt backwards at warp speed...fasten those seatbelts...and somebody arrest this guy... otherwise he wil not go away ....

Stopping vote buying and corruption and make a government of honest people and pay the farmer well for their products is backwards? Well that I like backwards.

Stop with the Thaksin hogwash... it was never about that... it was about grabbing power.... if you think for a minute these Miraculous yet unspoken reforms are going to change the MO of the major players ( much more major than Taksin ever was) you are blinded by what I know not, but blinded nonetheless Thaksin was just the opportune target of the moment... The good old boys aren't going to give up their ways and means for any farmers benefit...much less "the people" get real... only for their people ...Money talks here and everything else comes in third...I'll be curious to see in a year much less 18 months what if anything has been reformed...Impossible when you have Courts and agencies private councils, generals, commisions that are not independant and some of which may be in someones pocket and laws that are not enforced and so on and on and on...reform will take decades and doesn't have a convenient face to bash.. because it is everyones face...Try looking at the bigger picture.

h9o ain't going to listen to you for a second. I clearly remember telling h90 in 2007 on this very same form how stupid the 2006 coup-detat was, in that the Ammat and there crowd were starting 20 years of rich verses poor democratic struggle for Thailand. Left alone the Thaksin administration would have eventually fallen out of favour with voting public (vote buying or not) and we would have seen the end of that.

But no, after the Coup-detat, then the ASC, politically motivated court case to supposedly ridding Thailand of him, taking of 49billion in assets.... Well what the &lt;deleted&gt;.. That is enough to keep anyone fighting and pissed off for a very long time as he only sold shares in his own company.. But no, that's not enough. Oust, Somchai, Samak, Sompong, YL and what more... Hell, stir the bees and they keep biting. This crowd just don't get it. H90 Continue to throw the fugitive word around every second sentence and continue to rabble-on. The solution here is an amnesty and cleaning of the slate... If not, hatred filled accusations will continued to be followed by violence. Let Thaksin retire to his Chiangmai retreat and become a hated statesman. Force him to stay in exile and blood will continue to boil and flow in the streets.

• Like 2

He also asked Suthep and his supporters not to resort to violence and illegal methods so that their demands could be met.

Hmmm..... this reeks as well...lt can be interpreted a number of ways...but none so straight forward as to say 'Hey if you are good you will get what you want Wunderkind Thaugsuban' well folks ya Suthep/Abhisit/Dems/PAD boot lickers ya got what ya wanted.. A surefire Judicial/political coup...hope you're happy with how it plays out in the long run...Thailand has leapt backwards at warp speed...fasten those seatbelts...and somebody arrest this guy... otherwise he wil not go away ....

Optimist!

Remember it's just a speech by Suthep. How real his sentiment will reveal itself in the days/weeks/months to come. Wait and see how this Senate Speaker/President acts.

I think that "our dream came true" is quite far off the mark. I think that the Senate might very well do what it looks like it needs to, which is bless an interim caretaker primeminister (which might just be blessing the PTP choice).

The most I expect Suthep to get would be Abhisit's proposal of a reform referendum in conjunction with an election for a government to implement the reforms if passed by the referendum. He won't get a peoples council. Again, the future will tell.

what about aiding and abetting a fugitive? are there laws concerning that in Thailand?

If the CC can remove a PM for taking a small pay from a cooking show, why can they prosecute politicians that take their picture with a known fugitive?

Justice in this country is a joke.

There were politicians from the ruling party, and officials, meeting with a known fugitive long before Suthep started his demonstrations. There's even an ex-care-taker-foreign-minister asked to explain issues pertaining to of aiding and abetting said fugitive.

If memory serves, the main issue with the late ex-PM's removal from office was lying about getting paid, rather than the did itself.

That is not to say that Suthep's meetings with officials and politicians are ok.

I agree that justice in this country is a joke.

Edited by Morch

If that does'nt highlight the disarray of the caretaker ruling party,what does?

Well, they kind've have both hands tied behind their back. 'Caretaker' should have been your first clue...

Where's Chalerm when you need him? He's still a director at CAPO. He could have stepped up and arrest Suthep in front of the cameras and become a national hero instead of a national joke. Even the old lady who guards him isn't armed with her walking stick.

Chalerm already showed his true colors when he refused Sutheps offer of a winner take all boxing match. Strange when you think of it, I always thought he was red, turns out he's yellow.

• Like 1

h9o ain't going to listen to you for a second. I clearly remember telling h90 in 2007 on this very same form how stupid the 2006 coup-detat was, in that the Ammat and there crowd were starting 20 years of rich verses poor democratic struggle for Thailand. Left alone the Thaksin administration would have eventually fallen out of favour with voting public (vote buying or not) and we would have seen the end of that.

But no, after the Coup-detat, then the ASC, politically motivated court case to supposedly ridding Thailand of him, taking of 49billion in assets.... Well what the <deleted>.. That is enough to keep anyone fighting and pissed off for a very long time as he only sold shares in his own company.. But no, that's not enough. Oust, Somchai, Samak, Sompong, YL and what more... Hell, stir the bees and they keep biting. This crowd just don't get it. H90 Continue to throw the fugitive word around every second sentence and continue to rabble-on. The solution here is an amnesty and cleaning of the slate... If not, hatred filled accusations will continued to be followed by violence. Let Thaksin retire to his Chiangmai retreat and become a hated statesman. Force him to stay in exile and blood will continue to boil and flow in the streets.

Please tell us who the Ammat is, you are speaking about.

It is not CP, as all the protesting groups were critic to CP as they sponsored Thaksin + if CP want a new government they could simply buy it if they want it. Either with vote buying or buying the MPs.

It is not the Singha Family

It is not the Beer Chang

It is not the major banks

It is the Bangkok middle class....that is also the reason why the outspoken reds can rant about the Ammart but never name anyone.

• Like 2

Members of the Senate who warmly greeted this miscreant have demonstrated in a very clear and open manner they they are biased and have been working to overthrow the elected government all along. The Senators are motivated by politics and not out of a genuine interest for the good of Thailand. This was wrong in so many ways.

Not only that, but have surely broken the law by associating with a known fugitive.

Chalerm already showed his true colors when he refused Sutheps offer of a winner take all boxing match. Strange when you think of it, I always thought he was red, turns out he's yellow.

Charlerm showed his true color's when he promised to cut his own head off and failed to do so

So why should we believe anything he says, unless of course its his recommendation on a good single malt or bottle of wine

• Like 1

Members of the Senate who warmly greeted this miscreant have demonstrated in a very clear and open manner they they are biased and have been working to overthrow the elected government all along. The Senators are motivated by politics and not out of a genuine interest for the good of Thailand. This was wrong in so many ways.

Not only that, but have surely broken the law by associating with a known fugitive.

Which "known fugitive" ? Thaksin ?......Suthep is not a fugitive, he hasn't been to court, hasn't been convicted of anything, hasn't fled justice or a court sentence....so struggling to understand which "fugitive" your talking about....as far as I am aware there is only one fugitive involved in Thai politics and he is sitting in that sandbox known as Dubai

Which "known fugitive" ? Thaksin ?......Suthep is not a fugitive, he hasn't been to court, hasn't been convicted of anything, hasn't fled justice or a court sentence....so struggling to understand which "fugitive" your talking about....as far as I am aware there is only one fugitive involved in Thai politics and he is sitting in that sandbox known as Dubai

It appears that the murder charges facing Suthep have slipped your memory.Here's a report from The Guardian to remind you from which you will note he has found more important things to do than turn up to the court.Still for various obvious reasons I can't help feeling the court is distinctly relaxed about this evasion of justice.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/12/thai-opposition-leader-charged-murder-protesters-2010-demonstrations

• Like 1