Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

AlfieConn is a tw-t.

Need it any cleaner than that.smile.png

Give me a shout when UEFA award a penalty against Chelsea.

smile.png

I'm a <deleted> and that's coming from someone who has to ask on here how to invest 3m baht cheesy.gif I spend more than that on a night out, just stick it in the bank and forget about it biggrin.png

You must be more wealthy than chicog then. smile.png

4% from the bank could be a better option than my Khmer Rovers team though. facepalm.gif

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No EPL club will be able to compete with teams playing Neymar+Messi+Suarez, Cavani+Ibrahimovich+Lavezzi, Ronaldo+ Bale+ Benzema, without their strongest possible squad.

Fact.

And if Pellegrini's and Mourinho's contracts of employment say win or we might have to have a serious conversation, quite frankly, my sympathy lies with Pellegrini and Mourinho.

Looks like Liverpool are on a bit of a spending spree.

Reckon Arsenal, and UNITED will be too.

So the hypocritical griping about City and Chelsea, quite frankly, irritates the sh!t out of me.

facepalm.gif

Yep. Me too. Hypocrites.

Excuse me? We are doing it with the money we EARNED.

And we all know where your money comes from, don't we?

© ChicoG MMXIV

thumbsup.gif

Can we start a new thread about socio-political issues and world football please?

Otherwise our enjoyment of the game is going to be continually disrupted by unwanted interference by people calling a foul.

So the hypocritical griping about City and Chelsea, quite frankly, irritates the sh!t out of me.

facepalm.gif

Yep. Me too. Hypocrites.

© ChicoG MMXIV

thumbsup.gif

Now Chiccy, do you really consider selling horse piss labeled as beer "earning" your money ? Its outrageous, egregious, preposterous !

• Like 2

facepalm.gif

Yep. Me too. Hypocrites.

© ChicoG MMXIV

thumbsup.gif

You do receive money from the same family (virtually) no? Emirates?

facepalm.gif

Yep. Me too. Hypocrites.

© ChicoG MMXIV

thumbsup.gif

Don't tell the Zayeds they are the same family as the Maktoums!

biggrin.png

Emirates are a profitable airline and provide sponsorship as part of their normal commercial operation (although rumour has it that they also profit from Dubai Duty Free).

They do not, however, have a billion quid slush fund to throw around without any commercial justification, provided by the same family as the owner of the very club they sponsor. Unlike Etihad.

thumbsup.gif

So, as I said....

© ChicoG MMXIV

I would go into more detail but it's already been covered, so we can leave it at that, eh?

Or MrBo will get jolly batey again.

whistling.gif

Who cares anymore, our games been raped and will continue to be so. We either move along with and stop moaning about it or move to pastures new.

Any transfer news.....? wink.png

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes. I think we might see mrbojangles moving across the desert with a machete in the direction of chicog.

smile.png

If the new Tottenham ground is named the China Southern Stadium, chicog will have a new warrior to compete with in the morality stakes. Me.

Meanwhile, Mr van Gaal's plans remain intriguing redrus, so any insights appreciated.

Who cares anymore, our games been raped and will continue to be so. We either move along with and stop moaning about it or move to pastures new.

Any transfer news.....? ;)

redrus

Well you lot must be spending BIG then.

Smug moral high ground for us then...for a while at least.....

Seriously mate, you can do better. I was talking about the Glazers in particular and lamenting on FCUM being the pastures new.

I made no reference to other teams, have your smugness if you want though..... ;)

redrus

© ChicoG MMXIV

thumbsup.gif

Don't tell the Zayeds they are the same family as the Maktoums!

biggrin.png

Emirates are a profitable airline and provide sponsorship as part of their normal commercial operation (although rumour has it that they also profit from Dubai Duty Free).

They do not, however, have a billion quid slush fund to throw around without any commercial justification, provided by the same family as the owner of the very club they sponsor. Unlike Etihad.

thumbsup.gif

So, as I said....

© ChicoG MMXIV

I would go into more detail but it's already been covered, so we can leave it at that, eh?

Or MrBo will get jolly batey again.

whistling.gif

Zayeds, Maktoums, Nahyens, Khalifahs whistling.gif

Thing is though Chicog, Emirates airline, Fly Dubai, Duty Free and Terminal 3 are all created on the back stolen earthly resources and the same exploitation you and I like to bang on about with Abu Dhabi.

My point is a an Arsenal fan it's a bit of pot kettle black, without going in to too much detail on the taboo subject. whistling.gif

Edited by BangrakBob

Any transfer news.....? ;)

redrus

Seriously mate, you can do better. I was talking about the Glazers in particular and lamenting on FCUM being the pastures new.

I made no reference to other teams, have your smugness if you want though..... ;)

redrus

Its all we have right now rus....unless the new boss can make a couple of excellent signings.

Expectation is very low at WHL I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Any transfer news.....? wink.png

redrus

I made no reference to other teams, have your smugness if you want though..... wink.png

redrus

Its all we have right now rus....unless the new boss can make a couple of excellent signings.

Expectation is very low at WHL I'm afraid.

Get the bldy Chinese on board.

Mr Levy could talk to Barry Hearn at Leyton Orient.

They call it Guanxi in the PRC.

Simple.

My point is a an Arsenal fan it's a bit of pot kettle black, without going in to too much detail on the taboo subject. whistling.gif

Nay BB, not taboo at all. All I have ever said is to start a separate topic on the subject. Nothing more, nothing less. In fact, I think I'll set it up for Chiqog myself.

• Like 2

Swansea and Wales captain Ashley William's concedes that compatriot Ben Davies would fit in well at Tottenham, with the north London club circling round the talented Welsh full back.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-transfer-news-ben-davies-would-be-a-great-signing-for-spurs-admits-swansea-captain-ashley-williams-9589651.html

Thing is though Chicog, Emirates airline, Fly Dubai, Duty Free and Terminal 3 are all created on the back stolen earthly resources and the same exploitation you and I like to bang on about with Abu Dhabi.

You're wrong. Dubai was built primarily on the Pearl industry, fishing and smuggling, er, sorry, I mean trading.

Abu Dhabi has all the oil, which is why the current President magnanimously kept the chair when it was supposed to rotate (with, of course, the blessing of the other rules <heh>).

Emirates was a vastly profitable airline, but they're now cancelling aircraft orders and cutting their cloth, because they too can't compete with the heavily subsidised Etihad and Qatar Airways.

As for Fly Dubai, they too make a profit as one of the best (and geographically best-placed) low-cost airlines in the region.

Have you been to Dubai airport? Terminal 3 was a must because they couldn't handle the passengers.

They've recently opened a new airport near Jebel Ali, which is primarily aimed at cargo for the massive DubaiWorld project.

This is all intended to pay for itself long term and take the cargo load off DXB.

Edited by Chicog

Nay BB, not taboo at all. All I have ever said is to start a separate topic on the subject. Nothing more, nothing less. In fact, I think I'll set it up for Chiqog myself.

Like I said, it's an integral part of Manchester City's DNA, and the only reason you want it in a separate forum is so you don't have to face facts.

biggrin.png

You're wrong. Dubai was built primarily on the Pearl industry, fishing and smuggling, er, sorry, I mean trading.

Abu Dhabi has all the oil, which is why the current President magnanimously kept the chair when it was supposed to rotate (with, of course, the blessing of the other rules <heh>).

Emirates was a vastly profitable airline, but they're now cancelling aircraft orders and cutting their cloth, because they too can't compete with the heavily subsidised Etihad and Qatar Airways.

As for Fly Dubai, they too make a profit as one of the best (and geographically best-placed) low-cost airlines in the region.

Have you been to Dubai airport? Terminal 3 was a must because they couldn't handle the passengers.

They've recently opened a new airport near Jebel Ali, which is primarily aimed at cargo for the massive DubaiWorld project.

This is all intended to pay for itself long term and take the cargo load off DXB.

Pearls and fishing, smuggling are traditions they did not drive the building of Dubai, Oil did. What little Oil they had/have was the driving force behind building one of tourist capitals of the world, before they ran out. No matter what people may think a sterling effort, they did it.

Agreed Fly Dubai are a great airline.

I have been to Dubai airport 26 times so far this year wink.png

I see we have dedicated thread now, we can take it up in there now.

Petty thieves the lot of them.

The shame.

Millions drained from a bank account. Death threats in the desert. Investors duped.

A politically connected group of New York investors said all of this happened when they launched an insurance venture in Abu Dhabi, according to a startling lawsuit that has drawn attention to rising business fraud in the United Arab Emirates.

The investors are suing the government of Abu Dhabi, members of the royal family and other officials for bilking them out of millions and threatening to kill an executive. The UAE consulate in Washington didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Not surprising for a club that had Thaksin as its owner, one crook replaced by others.

http://nypost.com/2010/10/15/desert-fraud-storm/

Well, looking on the bright side, City are bringing wealth and infrastructure to Manchester and great enjoyment for football fans all over the world.

Same with Arab money in horse racing.

Dirty money, if you wish to call it that, could be being used for much less worthy enterprises.

Sheik Mansour has got the money, seems to like football.