Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

I have already stated in the post you quote that we do have a part to play in the hyper salaries, so your talking tosh. I know what the truth is.

Simple yes or no answer. Do you feel Arsenal have no part to play and should not shoulder any blame in hyping up the transfer fees and salaries?

None at all. We have the stingiest manager in the premiership, remember?

Really!!

So Mesut Ozil isn't the second highest Premier League transfer of all time?

And in 1995 you didn't smash the record when you bought Bergkamp?

And in 1971 with Alan Ball?

You are currently the 4th highest wage paying club.

Is Wenger not one of the highest paid managers in the world? Currently double that of Manuel Pellegrini who manages the current premier title winners, City biggrin.png

Believe me mate, your club is just as guilty as any for increasing the cost of players and football in general wink.png So don't try and sling it all at City's door, man up and take some of the responsibility.

And again: With our own money. And we built a stadium - with our own money.

And stayed in the Champions League. With.our.own.money.

rolleyes.gif

At last, you admit that you are also partly responsible for the increase in transfer fees and player wages. Justifying it to yourself that you did it with your own money doesn't make one iota of a difference.

Did you have the money in the bank? I'll answer that cos you go round the buoy too many times. The answer is No, you didn't. You've been in debt and borrowed money to finance your plans and have only just paid it off (by charging punters the highest tickets in the land). We'll be break even next year and will soon be able to stand on our own two feet. We will both have invested but the only difference is you had to pay interest and we had a sugar daddy. Get over it.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And again: With our own money. And we built a stadium - with our own money.

And stayed in the Champions League. With.our.own.money.

rolleyes.gif

At last, you admit that you are also partly responsible for the increase in transfer fees and player wages. Justifying it to yourself that you did it with your own money doesn't make one iota of a difference.

Did you have the money in the bank? I'll answer that cos you go round the buoy too many times. The answer is No, you didn't. You've been in debt and borrowed money to finance your plans and have only just paid it off (by charging punters the highest tickets in the land). We'll be break even next year and will soon be able to stand on our own two feet. We will both have invested but the only difference is you had to pay interest and we had a sugar daddy. Get over it.

They need an over draft to fund Wenger's unfeasibility large coat collection

post-102811-0-51959400-1404929801_thumb.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

We'll be break even next year and will soon be able to stand on our own two feet.

Jesus you're funny, who writes your material, the Krankies?

Break even my arse, Take away the 143 million pounds of sponsorship paid directly from the family and replace it with a realistic figure of, say, 50 million and you would still be losing 140 million a year or thereabouts.

Stop talking <deleted> man, everyone knows you are the plaything of an playboy Arab despot.

Much of City's new-found income has come from increased commercial revenue that rose by a third last season to 143 million pounds, and have risen almost 10-fold since 2008-09.

Four of the five headline sponsors listed on their website are Abu Dhabi-based institutions - telecom operator Etisalat, investment firm Aabar, Abu Dhabi itself and stadium sponsor Etihad Airways.

City owner Sheikh Mansour is the chairman of International Petroleum Investment Company, a firm that owns a majority stake in Aabar.

His half-brother Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed al-Nahyan is Etihad's chairman.

• Like 1

Same old Chicog. Avoiding the questions being asked and spouting the same regurgitated tripe. You must have it saved in notepad or something. You avoid all the other facts and just spew out the same old statement. Since when have I ever denied us being lucky that we have an owner with loads of dosh? Never. So move on and answer the other questions poised. Todays debate was about City and Chelsea being blamed for hiking player wages and transfer fees, I said we weren't solely to blame, you said Arsenal were totally innocent and then later admitted you were but at least it was with your money, which again was proven to be wrong. It must be great in that world of denial you live in.

• Like 1

Same old Chicog. Avoiding the questions being asked and spouting the same regurgitated tripe. You must have it saved in notepad or something. You avoid all the other facts and just spew out the same old statement. Since when have I ever denied us being lucky that we have an owner with loads of dosh? Never. So move on and answer the other questions poised. Todays debate was about City and Chelsea being blamed for hiking player wages and transfer fees, I said we weren't solely to blame, you said Arsenal were totally innocent and then later admitted you were but at least it was with your money, which again was proven to be wrong. It must be great in that world of denial you live in.

What facts?

Of course Abrahamovic's stolen roubles contributed to the increase in wages and transfer fees. So did the Sky deal.

But you're the only club dumb enough to pay 150 grand a week to a 31 year old full back who will spend most of his contract on the bench or on crutches.

Arsenal have to spend to compete, as does every other club.

If Shaikh Yerbooty wasn't throwing around his countrymens sovereign wealth like confetti (and they didn't elect him), it would be a lot cheaper for everyone. He does not have "loads of dosh" he is spending his nations wealth.

You should hang your head in shame instead of praising this worthless character.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

Liverpool hold talks with Divock Origi to ward off Tottenham interest in Belgium forward

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/388161/Liverpool-hold-talks-with-Divock-Origi-to-ward-off-Tottenham-interest-in-Belgium-forward

Origi was pictured arriving in Liverpool on Wednesday to discuss terms with Reds officials at their Melwood training ground and could undergo his medical alongside Markovic on Thursday.

A £19.8million fee for Markovic is believed to have been agreed with Benfica - which activated his release clause - while Origi looks sets to cost Liverpool £10m from French outfit Lille, although Tottenham are attempted to snatch the Belgian striker for themselves.

Daily Mail

Edited by uptheos

West Ham are “leading the race” to sign Ecuador forward Enner Valencia, according to Sky Sports News.

Sky Sports journalist Pete O’Rourke revealed that the Hammers are favourites to sign the Pachuca striker, despite registered interest from Everton, Newcastle, Tottenham, Stoke and Portuguese giants Porto.

what a bizzare world football is less than a year ago this player was ARGUABLY the most coveted striker in the prem and talk of 2o/25 mil were being thrown around now he's more.or less not wanted www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/09/swansea-spanish-striker-michu-loan-napoli

what a bizzare world football is less than a year ago this player was ARGUABLY the most coveted striker in the prem and talk of 2o/25 mil were being thrown around now he's more.or less not wanted www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/09/swansea-spanish-striker-michu-loan-napoli

Yes Michu and Benteke were the talk of the town were they not. Mindyou i still rate both of them and it could well be that its Michu who is fed up at Swansea rather than the other way round.

ben davies is a nice player actually. smart left-back. and we're short one of those.

I was taking the mick on the other thread....but it's beginning to look like he has replaced Bertrand as 2nd choice after Moreno....Still want Rodriguez me thoughsad.png

None at all. We have the stingiest manager in the premiership, remember?

Really!!

Is Wenger not one of the highest paid managers in the world? Currently double that of Manuel Pellegrini who manages the current premier title winners, City biggrin.png

Believe me mate, your club is just as guilty as any for increasing the cost of players and football in general wink.png So don't try and sling it all at City's door, man up and take some of the responsibility.

we built a stadium - with our own money.

rolleyes.gif

Are you bloody sure.......?

redrus

Yes unless you know of any handouts from Kroenke family members.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by mrbojangles
Fixed quote

Yes Michu and Benteke were the talk of the town were they not. Mindyou i still rate both of them and it could well be that its Michu who is fed up at Swansea rather than the other way round.

They wouldn't be the first strikers to have one good season and then get found out.

Emirates contribution to Arsenal is clearly a charitable donation in the interests of what is known as CSR. Corporate Social Responsibility.

My understanding is City break even this season.

As for Chelsea CSR. To be quite frank, I am well happy with Abramovich's contribution.

Arsenal can play their game any way they want.

Chelsea will be superior.

And while I'm on about it, with worldwide revenue from successfully playing football on the increase, we could well see that instead of it being a rich boys expensive hobby...

....Sheik Mansour and Abramovich will actually make a profit from the footie.

smile.png

A perfectly fair and reasonable business model.

And while I'm on about it, with worldwide revenue from successfully playing football on the increase, we could well see that instead of it being a rich boys expensive hobby...

....Sheik Mansour and Abramovich will actually make a profit from the footie.

smile.png

A perfectly fair and reasonable business model.

If it makes you happy then thats fine but probably better to keep that old tosh to yourselfsmile.png

Really!!

we built a stadium - with our own money.

rolleyes.gif

Are you bloody sure.......?

redrus

Yes unless you know of any handouts from Kroenke family members.

F F S.......... Debt, is debt.

From the Arsenal website.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-are-paying-back-our-stadium-debt

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by mrbojangles
Fixed quote
  • Like 1

It's pointless rus. He doesn't see it as debt, he sees it as an advance on their own money that they will hopefully receive in the forthcoming years. He must think the interest rate is not linked to borrowing money either and is just a fee you pay to get hold of your own money before you have already earned it !!

• Like 2

evra's asked to leave man utd.

Looks like it's a done, as we're after Ricardo Rodriguez too so.........

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It's pointless rus. He doesn't see it as debt, he sees it as an advance on their own money that they will hopefully receive in the forthcoming years. He must think the interest rate is not linked to borrowing money either and is just a fee you pay to get hold of your own money before you have already earned it !!

What are you on about now, you're now trying to say that because we financed it out of our revenues and paid it back, that's the same as your filthy Arab emptying the nation's coffers to pay Sagna 150 grand a week?

Oh purlease,,,,,,,,

cheesy.gif