My Experience Retirement Extension Immigration 14/5/2014

ajnamoon

The passport holder only needs to show up at Immigration for 5 minutes to sign the paper in front of the Immigration Officer. No waiting at all. None. Very convenient, very fast and easy, and completely legal.

I paid 5500 baht for the visa extension and re entry permit (agent's fees only). I dropped my passport off and picked it up 2 days later. I had to sign the papers the agent filled out, but that was at his office. Never set foot in immigration.

Do you, or do you NOT, have to visit Immigration if you hire an agent? I was under the impression you DID have to appear......

I think that is the law, but some agents are able to get around it for a fee. TIT -This is Thailand.

If a person has to go to immigration to sign why not do the whole thing yourself ? Seems a waste of money.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some visas - business - are very complicated and you need someone to make sure that the paperwork is in order and to correct anything that is wrong. I pay someone to go with me every year as trying to do it on my own caused nothing but problems.

I agree that paying an agent to help with a retirement visa is a waste of money, if you have to go with them to immigration to meet the requirements.

Edited by Ulysses G.