Military's decisive mood at stalled talks led to seizure

Lite Beer

God The Nation is the most pathetic propagandist I've ever seen, they'd make Chinese state media blush.

Yes, the talks were "Stalled"..... after two days of talks. This isn't House of Cards, people know that what was happening with the talks as just for show and the military did a poor job of covering that fact up with being so quick to seize power for themselves.

How many more years of stalemate and unrest would you suggest the military allow before stepping in and removing these clowns? 1,2, 10?

They've had plenty of time to negotiate and compromise. That's what statesmen do. But these are not statesmen, they are spoiled children throwing tantrums when they don't get their way. The military gave them one more chance and when that failed stepped in and took power so this country has a chance to heal.

I applaud general Chan-O-Cha for taking responsibility and making hard decisions for the sake of the country.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The shin clan will never be sidelined and that's a fact!

For all the yellows on here they kept saying she will flee the country time after time we'll she is still here and actually fronted up to the army .

She's has handled the last 6 months with dignity and grace under extreme pressure and was removed by a bogus decision of the courts.

Don't be surprised if you see her standing at the next elections as she was voted in by the second biggest margin in thai history only one better was her brother.

So the shin will be on the political map for a long time to come!

I don't think Yingluck will be standing in the next election. She is more likely to be in prison or to have fled the county. The NACC's criminal prosecution of her over the rice scandal will have come to court by then. It's also likely to be followed up with other criminal and civil cases.

Good for the military

IMO opinion they were pretty prepared for the meet5ings being a waste of time and they seemed to have things pretty well planned and organized for the coup. Seems pretty smooth so far.

I have a feeling that Prayuth has been planning this with a select group of insiders for some weeks. I think he was willing to compromise, if the caretaker government had been willing to resign and make way for an interim government appointed by the Senate but he had a plan B and was willing to pull the trigger. During the course of the day Thaksin made known his order to his puppet caretaker government to fight on till the end, not knowing that the end was only hours away, hastened by his blustering statement.

• Like 1

Good for the military

IMO opinion they were pretty prepared for the meet5ings being a waste of time and they seemed to have things pretty well planned and organized for the coup. Seems pretty smooth so far.

I have a feeling that Prayuth has been planning this with a select group of insiders for some weeks. I think he was willing to compromise, if the caretaker government had been willing to resign and make way for an interim government appointed by the Senate but he had a plan B and was willing to pull the trigger. During the course of the day Thaksin made known his order to his puppet caretaker government to fight on till the end, not knowing that the end was only hours away, hastened by his blustering statement.

+1!

Talking about compromise from Suthep...you said...

What compromise?? PDRC has been blunt... he wants a Coup. Suthep visited the Army and asked for a Coup! My Goodness, this is very clear.

If you don't think the PDRC/Dems & Army are not tied at the hip, then you are blind.

You are right my friend...Many blind people in this Forum......Suthep is having a ball!!!! And the Military got the time its wanted to get part of the cake....before passing it.

The game still the same...what changed is just the players...and the "coach"..

By the way, Suthep is being held with Yingluk..but Abhisit and other Dem leaders walked out!

See, Suthep was paid to be the fall guy..the guy that got his hands dirty for the Dems. He has always been the bull dog.

Now come on people, how can the Dems walk away without being held? Don't you get it?

If the Dems did indeed 'walk away' one could come to the conclusion that Prayuth was only interested in talking to the organ grinders, not the monkeys.

Everything was clearly thought out well in advance by Prayuth. He also likely knew that a breaking of the impasse was not possible, and he decided to act decisively. He did, and the control he took was immediate. He had witnessed seven months of foot-dragging. There clearly is no foot-dragging now. By promising to make a swift and full payment to the farmers within 20 days as his very first priority, Prayuth has not only addressed the key social issue that had engaged the country, but he has also undercut Thaksin's core constituency. Distancing the country from Thaksin therefore is happening in ways both direct and indirect.

I wonder how Prayuth will get them paid within 20 days after the PTP's best efforts at appeasing their own 'core constituents' came to naught. Is it just a matter of lifting the shackles of caretakership which some say prevented the PTP from achieving this, or will it be necessary to dip into the Army's benevolent fund to get the job done? Or will Coupmaster P just shave a few billion off other public funding to get farmers to love him? Time will might tell.