Hero motorbikes

Hero MotoCorp is not anymore related to Honda, they bought themselves out of the Honda Company to become an fully independent motorcycle manufacturer.

Now-a-day, Hero MotoCorp is working closely with, and financing EBR (Eric Buell Racing) and they (Hero and EBR) are planning to release a 250cc in the Southeast Asian market. The motorcycle will be called the Hero/EBR HX250R. The motorcycle figures seem on paper good enough to compete with the current 250/300cc competitors… But for the real feeling and performance we just have to wait until somebody did a test ride….

Indeed, they release prototypes of some interesting bikes thanks to their partnership with EBR.

But i do not thinks so they can sell bike in Thailand unless they build a factory here but then how they can compete with concrete like long time investors Honda and Yamaha here?

You can see all line up at Cambodia though.

The import duty rules for motorcycles with an engine smaller than 250cc have other import rules and taxes. I agree that motorcycles (almost all motor vehicles)are not included in the Indian – Thai free-trade-agreement, but it's possible to export the motorcycle as CKD (complete Knock Down) kit to avoid higher import tax (similar as Kawasaki/Bajaj sells several Thai made Kawasaki models in India for almost the same price as in Thailand).

Thank-you guys, i know they split with honda, and with the help of EBR they seem to have come out with some superb bikes.The HX250R is said to make 35bhp (compared to Hondas 27bhp CBR) and be nearly 30kgs lighter!! The price in India is crazy cheap (around 75,000 Baht).Bring on the competition i say.And a naked bike please.

HA HA , Morris Minor , now your giving your age away !.New BMW mini has something similar. Bike has cracking spec , but as ll2 and RichardBKK says , import restrictions may scupper imports. We live in hope , come the joining of markets.