Weapons Found At Deserted Chiang Rai Hotel, Army Says

Lite Beer

The attention to detail is missing, did it not state that the weapons are estimated to have been there for 13 years?

so 75% of the country support the coup, and want reforms do they? Why the need for a Coup if you had the majority, what was wrong with just simply holding an election and voting the PTP out of power?

Where are you getting this 75% from? Do you think those engaged in the civil war down south support the coup?

So far the General has done a pretty good job, but even Stevie Wonder can see that he's following the road map that Suthep and the PDRC have always pushed for, next comes the re writing of the constitution, and another "Referendum" that leaves little choice to accept the changes, it's simply history repeating itself..

• Like 2

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those reds better start putting up Prayuth's poster. The hunting continues.

As in the red shirt cache and 22 arrested in Khon Kaen, it is not putting up posters. It is the majority "dobing in" the minority.

Like I said I live 100 metres from the hotel in question (it is on one of the two Khon Kaen lakes) and everyone knew what was going on in the hotel. Rest assured those people told the army.

The General wants reconciliation. The red shirt fanatical leaders have denounced division in the plea for reconciliation. 75% of the country support the coup and reconciliation.

Give up. Release your bitter view point and toxic thoughts that got the country into it's current predicament. Time to move on and forward or you will be left behind.

Ban Kham Hi or Chonlada

Ps...there are three lakes in Khon kaen city but your posts indicated you dont know much so why am I not surprised. 75 % support the coup...not

Don't read too much into it djjamie, the fact that fabio went to the trouble of looking up your post. He is frustrated at the moment because if he posts his usual red tripe he is afraid he will hear a knock on the door. So he is digging up the dirt on you and anyone else who dares to disagree with him. Uncle Rubl will probably be next. biggrin.png

I noticed a poster commenting on the fact that it was only a small amount of arms. In the hands of dangerous terrorists, any amount is too much.

I don't consider it dirt. I stand by it and am actually thankful to Fab4 for allowing me this trip down memory lane. It is all true and that's what frustrates him.

The attention to detail is missing, did it not state that the weapons are estimated to have been there for 13 years?

It did not state that the weapons are estimated to have been there for 13 years.

The weapons have been stored there an indeterminate amount of time which could include yesterday.

Those reds better start putting up Prayuth's poster. The hunting continues.

As in the red shirt cache and 22 arrested in Khon Kaen, it is not putting up posters. It is the majority "dobing in" the minority.

Like I said I live 100 metres from the hotel in question (it is on one of the two Khon Kaen lakes) and everyone knew what was going on in the hotel. Rest assured those people told the army.

The General wants reconciliation. The red shirt fanatical leaders have denounced division in the plea for reconciliation. 75% of the country support the coup and reconciliation.

Give up. Release your bitter view point and toxic thoughts that got the country into it's current predicament. Time to move on and forward or you will be left behind.

Ban Kham Hi or Chonlada

Ps...there are three lakes in Khon kaen city but your posts indicated you dont know much so why am I not surprised. 75 % support the coup...not

Thanks for that. I live on Nong Khot Lake and we always take the kids to the lake past Fairy Plaza near the big golden temple. Nice restaurants and play areas overlooking the lake.

I looked on google maps and found the lake you're talking about. Thanks again, I will take the kids there to check it out next time.

May peace and reconciliation be with you.

• Like 1

and thats why you wont get what you want im afraid. Youre all too pigheaded to understand that reconciliation comes from shared sacrifice like every other successful peace agreement in the world. Hopefully, if the General is the hero you all portray him to be, you wont be too sad when he does what has to be done for the sake of his country.

What did you think about Yinglucks reconciliation attempts?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

It did not state that the weapons are estimated to have been there for 13 years.

The weapons have been stored there an indeterminate amount of time which could include yesterday.

Really?

Although the weapons appear to be "at least 15 years old,” all of the items are in good condition and could be used in combat, Maj.Gen. Pattana told reporters. He suggested that the owner of the weapons may have stashed them for a long time and decided to abandon the illegal items out of fear of a crackdown by the armed force following a coup d'etat on 22 May.

Your interpretation of the information is different from mine, and last time I looked, yesterday wasn't a "long time" wink.png

The thing here is that these weapons could be 15 years old based on the manufacture serial number, that however isn't what the military are intimating here, as it's not something that joe public would have knowledge about, the fact he also states that they're in "good condition" and "could" be used in combat is another indication that these are not a recent stash, like I said.. "attention to detail" ;)

The wording used would indicated an "old" stash, not something that was hidden recently. Any serious "fanatic" keeps their tools of the trade in tip top condition, that includes your "lunatic militias" with their weapons, and as any former military personnel would know, keeping your weapons clean is paramount, otherwise the risk of malfunctions increases.

Edited by Fat Haggis
  • Like 1

and thats why you wont get what you want im afraid. Youre all too pigheaded to understand that reconciliation comes from shared sacrifice like every other successful peace agreement in the world. Hopefully, if the General is the hero you all portray him to be, you wont be too sad when he does what has to be done for the sake of his country.

I think the trouble is that in general, "reconciliation" for Thai leaders seem to mean "see things my way and stop arguing".

In other situations, depending on balance of power, it may mean "let's take a pic smiling together as we secretly continue

to plot against each other".

Reconciliation in the sense that both sides make concessions, a compromise reached, and past mistakes admitted is neither

easy to achieve nor likely to happen. Right now, it does sound like reconciliation is something that is expected of one side,

rather than being a bilateral process. The same thing applied to Yingluck's bogus reconciliation attempts.

• Like 1

I think the trouble is that in general, "reconciliation" for Thai leaders seem to mean "see things my way and stop arguing".

In other situations, depending on balance of power, it may mean "let's take a pic smiling together as we secretly continue

Reconciliation in the sense that both sides make concessions, a compromise reached, and past mistakes admitted is neither

easy to achieve nor likely to happen. Right now, it does sound like reconciliation is something that is expected of one side,

rather than being a bilateral process. The same thing applied to Yingluck's bogus reconciliation attempts.

Agree. But for PTP blanket amnesty to bring back Thaksin was reconciliation.

• Like 1

Really?

Although the weapons appear to be "at least 15 years old, all of the items are in good condition and could be used in combat, Maj.Gen. Pattana told reporters. He suggested that the owner of the weapons may have stashed them for a long time and decided to abandon the illegal items out of fear of a crackdown by the armed force following a coup d'etat on 22 May.

Your interpretation of the information is different from mine, and last time I looked, yesterday wasn't a "long time" wink.png

The thing here is that these weapons could be 15 years old based on the manufacture serial number, that however isn't what the military are intimating here, as it's not something that joe public would have knowledge about, the fact he also states that they're in "good condition" and "could" be used in combat is another indication that these are not a recent stash, like I said.. "attention to detail" wink.png

The wording used would indicated an "old" stash, not something that was hidden recently. Any serious "fanatic" keeps their tools of the trade in tip top condition, that includes your "lunatic militias" with their weapons, and as any former military personnel would know, keeping your weapons clean is paramount, otherwise the risk of malfunctions increases.

"may" have been stored for a long time = "may" NOT have been stored a long time.

Djjamie: Reconciliation IS the future (and should be the future). But how are you a champion of reconcilation when one side seems to be exclusively portrayed as devils whist the other is completely absolved of its sins? This isnt reconciliation. Its tyranny. Until i see you tone down your rhetoric, your attempt to portray yourself as a voice of reason and reconciliation will always be hollow and empty. Its okay though, like you say, you can be left behind with the rest of the fanatics if you like. smile.png

I am no champion of reconciliation.

I never pushed for a "reconciliation (amnesty) bill" that nearly started a civil war. Yingluck did.

Reconciliation is not absolving yinglucks brother. It is doing exactly what the general is doing now. That is removing color coded views. That is telling Suthep indirectly not to wear military clothing to celebrate reform. That is going to the northern provinces and speaking to people and making them understand.

Yingluck, never, not once, zero, went to the South and spoke to the people. Chalerm had to be dragged to the South and it was once…He was the head of peace in the South!!!

AND 75% of the population agree with what I say.

Keep up sunshine lest you be left behind with the bitter and twisted.

The trouble with your posts on this is that you seem to think of reconciliation is a one sided street.

Portraying the red-shirts/PTP voters as an unwilling side to this reconciliation, or as standing in opposition to the rest of

Thailand is just a continuation of your old us vs. them posts. Saying something along the lines of "we won, so you better

join up or be left behind" has nothing to do with reconciliation.

Reconciliation is not about absolving anyone, it is about all sides accepting different points of view as legitimate, accepting

responsibility for past actions, and finding ways to exist in harmony (or at least without poking any eyes).

And again with them figures - 75% support reconciliation (which is a general term, sort of like reforms), this is based on

what? A poll? Under current constraints on media, how seriously are polls to be taken? Very reminiscent of previous

claims made regarding PDRC/Democrat Party supposed majority.

Agree. But for PTP blanket amnesty to bring back Thaksin was reconciliation.

PTP had several phases of so-called reconciliation efforts, both before and after the Amnesty Bill was put on hold.

Latest was during the PDRC demonstrations, when they tried to set up a general reform/reconciliation conference.

It doesn't really matter what it's called - point is it doesn't have much to do with reconciliation as we understand it.

Just a buzz word, like reforms.

Can't bash people into really reconciling with each other, best you can opt for with applied pressure is a truce.

• Like 1

may=speculate

speculate=guess

guess= No got a clue !!

;)

I think I'll use my instincts as a former soldier and go along with the lines that the Military are "speculating" that these are not weapons that have been used in recent years ;)

• Like 2

The Nation article called this a haul -- and the 'haul' fits into a shoebox. Dangerous? Absolutely. Significant -- absolutely not. A slingshot is a deadly weapon, as well as a good carving knife and a pair of nunchaku. The ping pong bombs they sell at Songkran will blow fingers off your hand.

Christ, they unearthed a torpedo this week at the beach. THAT scared me a lot more than what was left behind by incompetents (and that is the best word for whichever side did this boondoggle).

• Like 2

may=speculate

speculate=guess

guess= No got a clue !!

;)

I think I'll use my instincts as a former soldier and go along with the lines that the Military are "speculating" that these are not weapons that have been used in recent years ;)

So you take guess.

may=speculate

speculate=guess

guess= No got a clue !!

wink.png

I think I'll use my instincts as a former soldier and go along with the lines that the Military are "speculating" that these are not weapons that have been used in recent years wink.png

so may = "no got a clue! !"

(which is exactly then what you are saying about the army personnel making the statement you quoted).

"He suggested that the owner of the weapons may have stashed them for a long time"

laugh.png

Do your instincts as a former soldier also help you to understand that if these weapons had been used at any point in time, they wouldn't be there in the first place because.... they would have been used?

biggrin.png

Comical logic.

Edited by Luger2
  • Like 1

Hahahaha yeah seems a bit nutty!!

I think the point is that the Military believe the weapons cache has been there for a "significant period of time" .. there's no point in trying to spin it any other way, the good thing here is that they're no longer likely to fall into the hands or radicals ;)

A "stash" of military grade weapons? 2 rifles.. ammunition for neither, though you could break down the link for the M-60 and put it in the AK. One M-79 and some smoke grenades massive haul, oh I forgot and no one has touched them in 15 years. Obviously never used in the recent troubles and possibly more propaganda to make the incumbent "government" look goodcoffee1.gif

A "stash" of military grade weapons? 2 rifles.. ammunition for neither, though you could break down the link for the M-60 and put it in the AK. One M-79 and some smoke grenades massive haul, oh I forgot and no one has touched them in 15 years. Obviously never used in the recent troubles and possibly more propaganda to make the incumbent "government" look goodcoffee1.gif

No you couldn't break down the link, as they AK uses a smaller sized round even though it's still 7.62mm

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wheres the photos of the guns?, just looks like photo of

bits scrap metal.

regards Worgeordie

Yep, you would think that an M-16, AK-47 and a grenade launcher, if combat ready, would make for a better photo instead of ordinance scrap. Nobody even bothered to show up to even point at it................wink.png

If the ammunition and grenades were left for a 15 year period without maintenance, yes, they could be used. By somebody else, but not by me. V dangerous................w00t.gif

• Like 1

Those .50 cal bullets look too old to risk firing them, I would not really call this a significant cache I have collector friends in Aussie that have a lot more in their legal collections

You mean your Aussie friends have 'legal collections' consisting of live ammunition, with primer caps on and powder in the cases? Are you sure? The way you describe .50 rounds as 'bullets' show you're probably not an expert, I have no problem with that, but save us the BS, please, the more so when you write it to minimize the gravity of the offense. Thank you.

• Like 1

People were fed up with this so called populist party for quite some time, which downpressed any different opinion, even amongst themselves. Now they come out of the woodwork with all the tales of evil behind the scenes, meddling and organized rebellion. Keep it coming.

on that subject - anyone know the whereabouts of our dear Charlerm, I may have missed his release from custody but don't remember seeing it

I'd much rather he was never released and both of his sons........there's not a pit deep enough!!! bah.gif

Obviously for you each weapon or round of ammo 'recuperated' is not so important, the more in the violence prone reds' territory, I don't share your opinion, and, oh, yes, I'd like you to convince all red terrorists to fire each one round of 7.62x51mm. ammo (M60) in an AK-47 (chambered for 7.62x39mm.)! Good riddance, it would mean a quite litteral, and terminal, 'loss of face' for them... Write about things you know in the future, OK?

• Like 1

Do you honestly believe this is the only cache of weapons and ammo the ThaiRouge have ? Get real, they probably have stashes all over the place.

• Like 1

Djjamie: Reconciliation IS the future (and should be the future). But how are you a champion of reconcilation when one side seems to be exclusively portrayed as devils whist the other is completely absolved of its sins? This isnt reconciliation. Its tyranny. Until i see you tone down your rhetoric, your attempt to portray yourself as a voice of reason and reconciliation will always be hollow and empty. Its okay though, like you say, you can be left behind with the rest of the fanatics if you like. smile.png

I am no champion of reconciliation.

I never pushed for a "reconciliation (amnesty) bill" that nearly started a civil war. Yingluck did.

Reconciliation is not absolving yinglucks brother. It is doing exactly what the general is doing now. That is removing color coded views. That is telling Suthep indirectly not to wear military clothing to celebrate reform. That is going to the northern provinces and speaking to people and making them understand.

Yingluck, never, not once, zero, went to the South and spoke to the people. Chalerm had to be dragged to the South and it was once…He was the head of peace in the South!!!

AND 75% of the population agree with what I say.

Keep up sunshine lest you be left behind with the bitter and twisted.

Hear him, hear him!!!! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif