versys lowering link

I have the original Motowerk (USA) lowering link for my Versys that lowers the rear by 47mm

This is a bit too much for me and I now want a link that lowers the bike by +/- 35 - 41mm. I understand that there is a Thai copy of this Motowerk part. Does anyone know how much it lowers the rear?

My arithmetic is not that great, and my understanding of the implications of bike geometries is even less.

You want to raise the modified rear link configuration ~0.6 to 1.2 cm. from what it is now?

What advantages accrue to raising the rear suspension 1/4 to 1/2inch?

I you can't find what you seek, would a slightly higher profile tire help?

Raising the rear will change the trail and make the bike turn in a bit quicker and reduce understeer - a good thing on a Versys, and common on race bikes

I have a pretty good grasp of frame geometry and currently my rear is 6mm lower than the front due to having ZX6R forks and this lowering link. 6mm will bring the bike level.

I could also gain this 6mm with a 180 rear tire (and new wheel to make it fit) , but that will slow down the turn in so not such a great trade off.

I think that a bit more than 6mm would be the dogs due to trail change hence the search for + 35mm

If I cannot find a suitable lowering block I will make one

Edited by Hog Head
  • Like 1