Vagabonds extort money from passersby at train stations in Ayutthaya Province

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also swiftly arrest any ragamuffins, rascals and whippersnappers ASAP!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What! And let all the scoundrels, ruffians and rogues get clean away?
But what about the ne'er-do-wells?

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

It's the scallywags that worry me the most.

Edited by nkg

Its great to see some old words being used. Vagabond is certainly better than 'scruffy degenerate', etc I wonder if I could use that on some official form asking for occupation? Its almost a bit like scallywag. It sounds better than 'homeless person' too as that has the implication that something should be done about them. Its also better than vagrant.

• Like 2

I await hearing a Thai pronounce slobberdegullion

OK JR please enlighten the ignorant - what is sloberdegullion? It sounds like a flock of seagulls returning home after a big night out.

slubberdegullion n archaic a slovenly or worthless person
  • Like 1

And don't forget vagrants, drifters, hobos, tramps, bindlestiffs, strollers and other assorted riff-raff.

TVF membership would suffer..

• Like 1

Wow...I haven't heard the term "Vagabond" used since the folk music revival. It's right up there with "Tomboy". Perhaps the schools should stop teaching English from 1920 textbooks.

Hey! Vagabond is one of my favourites and I didn't go to school in the 1920s. We have seen a lot of vagabonds on the streets on Bangkok these past few months.

the politicos ship em if from the provinces to build numbers at protest sites.

And don't forget vagrants, drifters, hobos, tramps, bindlestiffs, strollers and other assorted riff-raff.

I'm rather disappointed they're not cracking down on the buttoners, gigglemugs, mark-ass tricks, trick-ass marks, skeezers, skanks, skig-scags and whooperups. I thought this junta was serious about cracking down on things? Some serious omissions there methinks....

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

I'm rather disappointed they're not cracking down on the buttoners, gigglemugs, mark-ass tricks, trick-ass marks, skeezers, skanks, skig-scags and whooperups. I thought this junta was serious about cracking down on things? Some serious omissions there methinks....

And don't get me started on the heehaws and hoolyhoos.......

And don't get me started on the heehaws and hoolyhoos.......

..or on the wanton wastrels..

• Like 1

Wow...I haven't heard the term "Vagabond" used since the folk music revival. It's right up there with "Tomboy". Perhaps the schools should stop teaching English from 1920 textbooks.

Hey! Vagabond is one of my favourites and I didn't go to school in the 1920s. We have seen a lot of vagabonds on the streets on Bangkok these past few months.

I believe they were on the West side of the river as they couldn't get permission to cross over

the politicos ship em if from the provinces to build numbers at protest sites.

What absolute piffle.

ratcatcher, on 11 Jun 2014 - 18:52, said:
tim armstrong, on 11 Jun 2014 - 18:45, said:
JRSoul, on 11 Jun 2014 - 16:06, said:

I await hearing a Thai pronounce slobberdegullion

OK JR please enlighten the ignorant - what is sloberdegullion? It sounds like a flock of seagulls returning home after a big night out.

slubberdegullion n archaic a slovenly or worthless person

No one is worthless, ever heard of paid medical trials?

and rapscallions..

Yes, rapscallions are the worst.

Agreed, but the bounders should be dealt with as well

• Like 2

^ But what if he's an utter cad? Would you give him the benefit of the doubt? Do you think blighters and heels should receive the same punishment as a group who are, for example, an absolute bloody shower? If somebody is merely a miscreant as opposed to a habitual rotten bleeder or insolent churl do you feel this deserves incarceration?

Edited by mca