Cabs, vans to be reorganised at Bangkok Victory Monument

webfact

The current proposal seems to be that most van stands will stay at Victory Monument but from the 1st of July those vans that are waiting for their turn will need to be parked at Makkasan and then proceed to VM to collect pax. "Passengers will still be required to wait at Victory Monument, where the vehicles will be sent once seats for each van journey are sold out."

I'm not sure that they will work so easily and efficiently but it will clear out the hundreds of vans that are normally parked around VM waiting for their turn.

• Like 1

The current proposal seems to be that most van stands will stay at Victory Monument but from the 1st of July those vans that are waiting for their turn will need to be parked at Makkasan and then proceed to VM to collect pax. "Passengers will still be required to wait at Victory Monument, where the vehicles will be sent once seats for each van journey are sold out."

I'm not sure that they will work so easily and efficiently but it will clear out the hundreds of vans that are normally parked around VM waiting for their turn.

yes.vans just picking up and moving on.No more hanging around waiting to get the 15 passengers before departing.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yes.vans just picking up and moving on.No more hanging around waiting to get the 15 passengers before departing.

No what you are suggesting is incorrect & practically unworkable. The stands remain so that means that the van waits at the stand until it is full of pax. Most likely the next van is also parked behind it or nearby.

If it is implemented this way, it just means that the 3-15 other vans for that stand/route are not also parked in or near VM clogging up the whole area. At the evening peak, it may not make of a difference as for the busy routes which fill up in 2-3 mins will need a number of vans to be stationed nearby.