Farang Haircut

Benlucky

You’re in Chiangmai, so your closest ‘great salon’ would be in Hong Kong. Sorry to break that to you. I’m not saying there are no great hair dressers in Thailand, but I haven’t met any, or met anyone who’s met one, or seen any who had their hair cut in Thailand that I would consider to have a good hair cut (including on TV). If anyone does have a great hairdresser, they probably won’t tell you.

So you have 3 choices: mediocre hair cut, crew cut, or ponytail.

> You’re in Chiangmai, so your closest ‘great salon’ would be in Hong Kong.

Don't be silly. Living in Chiang Mai but then whining that it isn't Paris or Rome when it comes to certain things is more than a little silly. :o

Anyway there's a little salon on Rathamankha Road on the left hand side before you get to the first traffic lights, when coming from the Western moat. It's tiny and the lady charges like 70 baht or so. Not sure if she speaks English or not, but she'll do a good job. Also took my dad there once, best haircut he's had ever. (Ok which wasn't saying much, but still. :D )

Cheers,

Chanchao

If your in the Huay Kauw area you can try Hair Pro salon which is just beyond the Pub on the opposite side past Amari intersection when heading towards Sutep on Huay Kauw road. I always book with Wit (053 418 080) who at least cuts as per my requirements. They call themselves a Salon so triple the 70baht quoted previously!!

Hi

Where can I get good haircut, the last three salons were terrible.

I have blond thin hair, so every bad cut shows, Anyone know of great salon ?

Just go for a #2 buzz cut and you will leave all such trivial problems behind and save oodles of money too. I know it takes a lot of gumption the first time, but trust me, it is liberating.

> You’re in Chiangmai, so your closest ‘great salon’ would be in Hong Kong.

Don't be silly. Living in Chiang Mai but then whining that it isn't Paris or Rome when it comes to certain things is more than a little silly. :o

Who’s whining? The OP asked for a “Great Salon”, not “does anyone know where I can get a good hair cut”. Like I said, there are really only 3 choices in Thailand. We’ve got 2 votes for A, 2 votes for B, and I’ve went for C.