GLO blamed for being the root cause of lottery overpricing

Lite Beer

What I would like to know is this.

3-26-2014-11-24-18-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Those machines on stage are full of balls, do the balls have numbers printed on the outside, or do they have to be opened to reveal a number inside?

What is to stop, say, all the balls in each machine having predetermined known numbers in them?

thailand is the only place that uses humans to grab balls. the world got rid of the people because there is a chance...someone will cheat. ... but if they use a machine, then the chances of cheating is gone. honestly the thai lottery is rigged from the very start. its a scam. from the begining to end.

Agree fully. With all the different procedures to go through before a number is drawn together with their over enthusiastic need to convince everyone how clean it is, indicates only one thing - rigged. However in the Thai world and some not too sharp farangs corner of the universe, it It is all this rigamarole that convinces them it is all above board.

Edited by antimedia

How easy it is to pinpoint the cause of the problem, one would think if the media could lift their game and use a little investigative reporting, these issues and many others would be brought to the forefront. But alas, we are relying on a third rated industry in a third rated country.

The lottery is a yellow scam no one is stopping. The results use people, not machines, and are very prone to cheating. The tickets are overpriced...

Even a con artist would pray for this kind of scam.

This corruption is not being addressed by the current government at all. This article shows they are not even looking at the issue, because those sand loving ear medicine guzzling hand bag buying shopping spree reds....have nothing to do with this. It is a state enterprise. The money involved makes the rice pledging scheme a drop in a bucket -- the lottery annually draws more cash than the whole rice budget.

Suck that.

My new reply to red hating rants will be

Lotto, lotto, lotto...

Edited by FangFerang

You need to lear to read. You said it was stupid, I said I dont know as I dont have the figures.

You compare the price of tickets I compare how much is paid out in prices and how high a chance, not the price of the ticket.

Without knowing the real data from both lotteries you can't judge.

That was my point, please provide the data on wich you based it was stupid.

I did not pass judgement because oli could not based on the information available.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, geez, Robblok, I've never seen you throw a hissy fit before. Too protein this week?

By the way, it is commonly accepted that the post immediately above the reply, is the one being responded to. In this case, NeverSure's. Yep, wasn't even talking to you.

But since you asked so sweetly, here's my evidence:

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_prizes.asp

• Like 1

The lottery is a yellow scam no one is stopping. The results are not televised, and the drawing is done in secret. The tickets are overpriced...

This corruption is not being addressed by the current government at all. This article shows they are not even looking at the issue

Lotto, lotto, lotto...

When did they stop doing the draw live?

• Like 1

The lottery is a yellow scam no one is stopping. The results are not televised, and the drawing is done in secret. The tickets are overpriced...

This corruption is not being addressed by the current government at all. This article shows they are not even looking at the issue

Lotto, lotto, lotto...

A little more than a year ago. It is taped and then transmitted -- it is NOT live. Every Thai knows it too -- they think it is funny.

The lottery is a yellow scam no one is stopping. The results use people, not machines, and are very prone to cheating. The tickets are overpriced...

This corruption is not being addressed by the current government at all. This article shows they are not even looking at the issue, because those sand loving ear medicine guzzling hand bag buying shopping spree reds....have nothing to do with this. It is a state enterprise. The money involved makes the rice pledging scheme a drop in a bucket -- the lottery annually draws more cash than the whole rice budget.

Suck that.

Lotto, lotto, lotto...

What's the bet the that that the GMO was packed with and all the fat cats who benefited from distribution rip of were Shinawatra cronies..

Lotto, lotto, lotto...

A little more than a year ago. It is taped and then transmitted -- it is NOT live. Every Thai knows it too -- they think it is funny.

The GLO got burned down in 1992 because of known corruption but probably not the thing to do today. It certainly seems a glaring example of privileged middlemen able to rake in big money for doing virtually nothing. If all the superfluous middlemen were cut out in all aspects of the economy life would be better & cheaper for all.

• Like 1

You need to lear to read. You said it was stupid, I said I dont know as I dont have the figures.

You compare the price of tickets I compare how much is paid out in prices and how high a chance, not the price of the ticket.

Without knowing the real data from both lotteries you can't judge.

That was my point, please provide the data on wich you based it was stupid.

I did not pass judgement because oli could not based on the information available.

Well, geez, Robblok, I've never seen you throw a hissy fit before. Too protein this week?

By the way, it is commonly accepted that the post immediately above the reply, is the one being responded to. In this case, NeverSure's. Yep, wasn't even talking to you.

But since you asked so sweetly, here's my evidence:

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_prizes.asp

Then I misread ... and no not too much protein been on holliday with dad. But thanks I was curious about how much is paid out.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Like 1

If you have ever watched the GLO drawing on Thai TV, you will see how far they go to give the appearance that everything is on the up and up - which indicates to me that it is fixed.

Is it any wonder that people, especially in rural areas, prefer the underground lottery? Bet on two digits every day, the odds are way better than the official fortnightly lottery, and the local agents always pay - they have protection, the profits are passed up.

What I would like to know is this.

3-26-2014-11-24-18-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Those machines on stage are full of balls, do the balls have numbers printed on the outside, or do they have to be opened to reveal a number inside?

What is to stop, say, all the balls in each machine having predetermined known numbers in them?

The balls do have predetermined numbers, they are all numbered 0-9 in each machine.

You know that for certain?

There is nothing to stop all the balls in the first machine having the same number inside, and the second the same etc

It would be very easy to rig it so that the result is known well before the draw.

Yes....There were a lot of complaints a couple of years back about the system being crooked.....not sure if much has changed, but in Thailand, if humans are involved, then there's always the chance of things not being 100% kosha!

8000 7/11 000's of Family mart, special concessions for villages shop keepers, big C Tesco, McDonalds etc and lets make the system computerised to keep the cheats away from the cash. I think Thaksin was in the process of doing this before he got couped

Just another example of the attitude and nature of this country. If there is money to be made then integrity and honesty simply go straight out the window. And yes this is a GOVERNMENT sponsored scam.