2 dead, 3 injured in East Pattaya bike collision

webfact

2 dead, 3 injured in East Pattaya bike collision

crash-11.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Two boys aged 15 were killed and two further 15 year olds and a 32 year old were injured as two motorbikes collided head-on in a road crash close to the Elephant Farm in East Pattaya on Monday Evening.

Police and rescue services were called to the scene of the crash which also saw one of the bikes explode upon impact.

Witnesses mentioned seeing one of the Honda Wave bikes come around a bend at high speed, despite there being two passengers on the vehicle. The bike hit a speed bump and collided with an oncoming Honda Wave.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/132648/2-dead-3-injured-in-east-pattaya-bike-collision/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-06-24

this is the sort of things that happen when under age kids are allowed to ride motor bikes , both the parents and bib should stop these children and accept responsibility . you see kids as young as 10/12 riding around with no helmets everywhere in this country and as long as the bib allow it to happen these young lives are going to be lost .

I do not remember seeing an article about kids 10 to 12 years old colliding at high speed.

Actually, when I see these young kids riding, they always drive slowly and carefully.

This changes for some kids reaching age 15 or a bit older...

this is the sort of things that happen when under age kids are allowed to ride motor bikes , both the parents and bib should stop these children and accept responsibility . you see kids as young as 10/12 riding around with no helmets everywhere in this country and as long as the bib allow it to happen these young lives are going to be lost .

Hopefully in the next few weeks the military junta will get round to declaring war on all the illegal and idiot motorists.

For underage drivers, arrest the parents/guardians who buy the kids the motorbikes, whilst for all the other idiots introduce heavy fines for every infraction. No more of the 100/200bahts! Make it hurt sufficiently that they will think twice about breaking the law again.

Police and rescue services were called to the scene of the crash which also saw one of the bikes explode upon impact.

Police nowadays have longer eye sight capabilities I guess. They are equipped with long range eyeballs.

RIP to the red Honda Wave riders.

Blue bike? Streets safer after this incident.

• Like 1

I ride around this area quite frequently - usually there is very little traffic, and with the roads being quite windy, it's a bit of a temptation at times to play Valentino Rossi. But then there's always a hazard around the next bend - another vehicle on the wrong side of the road, a couple of elephants and lots of elephant dung.

Condolences to the families and RIP to the kids - I find it hard to criticise them because their society's nurturing of them encourages them to ignore the consequences and break the boundaries of sensible behaviour, something we were all guilty of when we were horny young studs, trying to get our kicks. Sadly, in this case, others were hurt.

• Like 1

The rider, whose bike exploded on impact, was my next door neighbors' nephew. He was a good kid, who took care of his younger baby cousin everyday and enjoyed raising his birds. He was a quiet and gentle soul. Yes he was underage but in this case, he was a victim. RIP.If you could witness the grief and look of the family next door at the moment, it might change your remarks,

Edited by Rimmer
Inflammatory
  • Like 1

Fifteen years of age is the minimum legal age to ride a motorbike ("hopefully" with a licence). Perhaps that's why they reported it as such. Most Thai boys of that age, though, look about twelve, so I have my doubts. And as far as parents go - they seem to accept fate as a way of life. I feel more sorry for the injured, I hope they recover quickly.

And as far as fines go (which couldn't have been a deterrent in this accident), have you seen how many motorbikes are on the roads at any given time? It's amazing that there aren't more daily fatalities the way some drive.

• Like 1

I do not remember seeing an article about kids 10 to 12 years old colliding at high speed.

Actually, when I see these young kids riding, they always drive slowly and carefully.

This changes for some kids reaching age 15 or a bit older...

Actually, when I see these young kids riding, they always drive slowly and carefully............Are u joking u must be blind, these little shits are always tear arseing around the place 2 & 3 up...

• Like 2

2 bikes, 5 people. Way to go Thailand.

Now what is the lesson learned here? What are you going to do so something like this never happens again?

Exactly.

What is the lesson to be learned?...the lesson is to learn to read properly, there were 3 bikes involved. Way to go KunMatt.

15 year old infants should not be out playing on motorcycles.

I know, for many it is the only way to get to school, but it shouldn't be.

Thankfully there were no infants involved in this accident.

coffee1.gif another day another idiot take a persons life in thailand....nothing will ever change here, all you can do is try to protect yourself from these idiots as they are everyway

Sadly yes. I learned quickly to use my mirrors always when on the motorbi. I was about to turn right into a side street as a young fella zoomed by me on the right, ON THE RIGHT!

Both those bikes look like the heavily modified racers with skinny wheels and racing exhaust pipes. I was told that it was illegal to modify your motorcycle in Thailand. Maybe not in Pattaya I guess. These are the types of bikes that are often seen roaming around at 3 or 4 in the morning with gangs of kids making lots of noise, and often in shootings and stabbings.

• Like 1

coffee1.gif another day another idiot take a persons life in thailand....nothing will ever change here, all you can do is try to protect yourself from these idiots as they are everyway

Sadly yes. I learned quickly to use my mirrors always when on the motorbi. I was about to turn right into a side street as a young fella zoomed by me on the right, ON THE RIGHT!

Had this many times in the village when I am driving a pickup about to make a right turn which I am indicating for and the moped behind me overtakes me on the right side just as I am starting the maneuver . I have saved many idiots lives by being careful and diligent when looking for their safety because I know that they won't be.

Conversely when I am riding a moped I have had lorries overtaking me on my right side when I am riding close to the centre line indicating to make a right turn. In this case the driver is not looking out for my safety, in fact it is the furthest thing from his mind, and it was only because I predicted his idiocy and aborted my turn that he didn't kill me.

Thailand really needs a road safety overhaul if they want to reduce the 70 daily fatalities on the roads here. But they don't, and they won't.

Nothing new here, this,happens everyday, Parents don't have the gumption to explain safety....

Just on you go and best of luck.....

I see them speeding on there way out from school, no helmets, full throttle...

So so sad..

R.I.P.

" I see them speeding on there way out from school, no helmets, full throttle... "

And this all happens EVERY SINGLE DAY in front of the police who don't give a SH^T as there is no Money involved.....

They should FORBID those motorbikes and FORCE them to take the bicycle !!!

But i know this is a big joke in TH.....

• Like 1

By the looks of it, one of the bikes was modified; it must have been the speeding one.

On the other hand........speed-bumps are popping-up everywhere, without a proper marking or warning.

So, instead of blaming the 15 yo so called culprit, investigate who's responsible for the speed-bump and find out whether it was there legally.