My New CBR 300R .

charlie42

This would work.

I was thinking somthing simular, as it is rased off the downpipe.

I was thinking drill a hole, find a nut with the same size tread and weld it on

there is one full system available on a jap site, but it works out at 20,000 baht vs thai 4'000.

I think you can guess which one i will be going with biggrin.png .

i will be also be taking the advice i have read in the cbr 250 tread, many thanks krs1

take out the paper in the air filter and replace it with foam from the ninga filter.

and if it wont pull in top gear, ill just have to slip the cluch biggrin.png .

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some photos

charlie42, congratulations on the new bike. I had the 250 non ABS before and zero problems. It hauled Mrs. Drift and me on a 3000 km trip around Thailand. I traded it in on the CRF 250L but I saw the new CBR today at the local dealer. It looks great.

Sort of sorry now I got rid of the CBR.

How do find the ABS?

Some photos

charlie42, congratulations on the new bike. I had the 250 non ABS before and zero problems. It hauled Mrs. Drift and me on a 3000 km trip around Thailand. I traded it in on the CRF 250L but I saw the new CBR today at the local dealer. It looks great.

Sort of sorry now I got rid of the CBR.

How do find the ABS?

I also like the CRF , I could have her on the back wheel all day.also love off roading.

I had not tought anything of the brakes to be honest, worked just fine and no different to standard brakes.

untill last monday that was...was coming up to overtake 2 cars side by side with me wizzing trough the middle

at 100 kph while they were doing 80 kph..

suddenly the gap closed and hit the brakes hard, it was one of those ohhh sh_t moments

to my surprise no locking up or skiding and kept control easly.. ABS is fantastic...not sure how it would have worked out

in the rain, then i dont drive so hard in the rain.biggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...

all the gulches that plagued the 250 had been ironed out,

Except they never did locate that 2nd cylinder.

a young thai guy on my soi has the ninga 300.

i would pass him from time to time while he was cleaning his bike

he would never even look up, i said this to one of my thai buddys

that i drink with, off he go's . 5 mins later here he is with the ninga guy.

kinda bronze coulor, i have to say, it looked good with some nice mod's.

now most of you will say yeah right (whatever) but he let me ride it.

to be honest, its felt vert soft(spungey) im not a fan !

very true what you say about the 2nd cylinder, but the honda is still such a sweet ride

No Charlie, there aren't any problems with the CBR 250. I have had mine for almost 3 years now and haven't had one problem so far, and i have not heard of any other riders complaining about them. Good luck with the 300

what i did read on the cbr250.net fourm was many complaint about when gearing down

the bike was stalling and sometimes in dangerous situaiions.

I am by no means saying the 250 is a bad bike and am happy to hear of your trouble free

riding. i just hope i have the same luck with this 300.

Agreed. There is nothing wrong with the cbr250r. It simply refuses to break down if it is maintained properly.

I can imagine, the people who complained about it have only ridden grandpa's old bicycle.

But that's okay, we all make progress in time.

I am sure you will have a lot of fun with your 300. That's a great bike too and lasts forever if maintained well.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Believe or not but I've bought a CBR 250R for 5k and it is 15965 km. Old

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

5 k? yeah hard to believe it you dont tell us how?

Edited by ll2

My mistake, 50000 bahts cash

you didn't used to be an accountant at Polly Peck did you ??

you didn't used to be an accountant at Polly Peck did you ??

HaHa..Ha

Ha Ha had us going there. Very good price , and a nice bike. I prefer brighter colors (imo) but i bet a new set of plastics wont cost much.

I love the bike, price and condition is very good.

No Charlie, there aren't any problems with the CBR 250. I have had mine for almost 3 years now and haven't had one problem so far, and i have not heard of any other riders complaining about them. Good luck with the 300

what i did read on the cbr250.net fourm was many complaint about when gearing down

the bike was stalling and sometimes in dangerous situaiions.

I am by no means saying the 250 is a bad bike and am happy to hear of your trouble free

riding. i just hope i have the same luck with this 300.

Agreed. There is nothing wrong with the cbr250r. It simply refuses to break down if it is maintained properly.

I can imagine, the people who complained about it have only ridden grandpa's old bicycle.

But that's okay, we all make progress in time.

I am sure you will have a lot of fun with your 300. That's a great bike too and lasts forever if maintained well.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i read this on a usa site...it seem's only to be an american problem.

very true what you say about the 2nd cylinder, but the honda is still such a sweet ride

Yeah the bronze is a Thai only color.

The Ninja 300 has an adjustable preload on the rear shock. You need to set it to "farang" not "Thai" as I am sure your Thai find did. As I was buying my 650, the shop took possession of their first two CBR 300r's. I was amazed how tiny the engine looked.

The Ninja not only blows away the CBR in looks, it's got 5hp more power (30 vs 35). CBR300r is 140k baht single cyclinder. Ninja 300 is 182,500 and a twin. No doubt in this case the extra price reflects what you get.

Ninja 300

kawasaki-ninja-300-pantip.jpg

CBR 300r

Honda-CBR300R-2014.jpg

Edited by NomadJoe

Yeah the bronze is a Thai only color.

The Ninja 300 has an adjustable preload on the rear shock. You need to set it to "farang" not "Thai" as I am sure your Thai find did. As I was buying my 650, the shop took possession of their first two CBR 300r's. I was amazed how tiny the engine looked.

The Ninja not only blows away the CBR in looks, it's got 5hp more power (30 vs 35). CBR300r is 140k baht single cyclinder. Ninja 300 is 182,500 and a twin. No doubt in this case the extra price reflects what you get.

Ninja 300

kawasaki-ninja-300-pantip.jpg

CBR 300r

Honda-CBR300R-2014.jpg

for 5 extra hp and looks - which Honda cbr300r looks better IMO - 45 - 50 k thb might be too much for some.

also honda as a single will provide an easier ride than kawa 300 but kawa 300 will blow honda for top speed and high rpm fun.

This is a huge difference in price for little gains.

I would trow another 25,000 into the pot and get the

CBR500

Im not sure, but i think that's a twin Emoji_1F60A.png

Yeah but still not as nice looking at the Ninja 300 and not as good components. If I were into this size bike, I would get the Ninja300 then spend a bit on modifications to get it up near the same power as the CBR500. The Ninja is simply a superior bike to the cbr300 and 500. You can tell I am not a brand guy. This is a CBR650f thread and I absolutely love mine.

CBR500

Yeah but still not as nice looking at the Ninja 300 and not as good components. If I were into this size bike, I would get the Ninja300 then spend a bit on modifications to get it up near the same power as the CBR500. The Ninja is simply a superior bike to the cbr300 and 500. You can tell I am not a brand guy. This is a CBR650f thread and I absolutely love mine.

ninja300 components are better than cbr500r? superior bike?

which components are superior? 300cc less powerful weezy engine? 37 mm fork? smaller shock? smaller tires? smaller swingarm? low quality looking switches and inst. cluster?

i think ninja was a superior bike to cbr250r but not cbr300 or definitely not cbr500.

CBR500

which components are superior? 300cc less powerful weezy engine? 37 mm fork? smaller shock? smaller tires? smaller swingarm? low quality looking switches and inst. cluster?

i think ninja was a superior bike to cbr250r but not cbr300 or definitely not cbr500.

Yeah Joe

but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, CBR all the way for me Emoji_1F60A.png.

better components ,can i have some of that sh_t your smoking.

( If I were into this size bike, I would get the Ninja300 then spend a bit on modifications to get it up near the same power as the CBR500 )

If i done this, there's a good chance i would brake the speed limit !

and we all know you don't agree with that Emoji_1F60A.png.

To be honest i wanted to trick this bike out, but i did not realize the 500

could be bought for 205,000 baht.

so instead of spending the money on mod's for the 300

i will keep her stock apart from the sprocket set up and next year

buy a shiny new 500 and trick this puppy out.

But seriously Joe can you hook me up with some of the wacky stuff your on.

CBR500

Lol, Come on ll2 admit it, you work for Honda. laugh.png

ll2 , you do live in a dream world. There are far far better bikes out there than "Honda". Its just that it seems to pain you to admit it. Can you only see "Honda" , or do you realy work for them ?.

no i am not living in dream world.

sure there are better models than some honda offerings.

- but where are they? - in USA!

- can we buy them here for a reasonable price without being ripped up by taxes and dealers? - NO

- Honda offers best value here in Thailand now. The most exciting bikes? - NO. But it offers good real world bikes suitable for Thailand with a good price.

- And, which maker wins moto gp all the time? - Hondalaugh.png

ll2 , you do live in a dream world. There are far far better bikes out there than "Honda". Its just that it seems to pain you to admit it. Can you only see "Honda" , or do you realy work for them ?.

I have to admit im a honda fan too.

I have owned suzuki,kawasaki,yamaha and honda over

the years and found Honda to be the superior machine .

other brands are fine for a year or two and that when Mr Honda takes over.

pure reliability and longevity they just simply don't break down

or maybe just not as much as the other brands.

As a kid i love two stroker's. Yamaha DT mx endro was my first

street legal bike at 16, had a few before that for the fields.

i loved this bike nothing better than 2 days rain and on with the

oil skins and off to the fields, even had a excellent bmx course

build by the locals for there kids. would only get 5 mins on it before being chased off.

would head up there hitting the jumps and loving this bike.

but when i think back now, i spend more time fixing it than riding it.

back then honda didn't do it for me,4 stroke..too slow.

progressed to a yamaha 250 IT as it was known, the first YZ

To this day that was the only bike that scared me when first rode it.

moved on to a rd 200 air cooled then the 400, both quick bikes

but pigs on the bends, All the bikes were like that back then.

Then came the yamaha RD 350 LC, the game changer.

it was so fast at the time it was leaving 600-800 standing

it was also so light it was a dream to handle (with steering damper )

but all of these bikes were like a high maintenance girlfriend, needed to much taking care of.

I cooled off the bikes after that, bought a car, not getting wet anymore.

I remember the first time i drove the honda CBR 600RR.

A friend of mine had just bought it and everyone was raving about them .

i must admit i was a little disappointed, im not saying i was not a good or fast bike.

but coming off 2 strokers where you have the low down torque and at 6,000 rpm BANG!

I just tought it would be quicker,

BUT it never broke down,never blew pistons.

you could give it hell all day everyday, just change the oil and filter and it was indestructible.

since then i have drove the CBR 900 RR, R1 both great bikes

But im a Rhonda guy all the way, with Yamaha close second.

if you think different to what im saying, just ask your self one question

Why is Mr Honda the best selling bike in almost every country its sold in ?

I rest my case

Charlie

if you think different to what im saying, just ask your self one question

Why is Mr Honda the best selling bike in almost every country its sold in ?

I rest my case

Charlie

yeah, you say this and they will say "Oh, anyway, Thai people - or Asian or Faranglaugh.png - are not smart on their decisions!"

Edited by ll2

CBR500

I am the resident Honda whore...but even I recognise that there is not a linear correlation between gains and price.

And while I agree, dropping a wee bit more for the bigger 500 is better in my opinion; there are those who like to wring a little bike by the neck and have to shift gears like a spastic chicken to have fun. Horses for courses and all that.

Spastic chicken - LOL. ll2 ,i love your posts and enjoy our banter, but you say we cant buy the better quality bikes because they are not sold in Thailand . Right. This is exactly why honda has sold so many bikes - its only the past 3 or 4 years or so we have had alternatives - at reasonable prices. If the only bike for sale the past 50 years was a Lifan (no offence to Lifan owners) then we would all be riding Lifans. Lifan would have sold the most bikes. Simple. Honda have some of the best engineers in the world , and im looking forward to F1 next year , as honda will have had 3 years to build an engine , and in the 90,s they rocked. Honda are capable of building great engines , Moto GP is proof. This is exactly my point .What sadens me is the borring cut-price stuff they palm off on people nowadays. Its far below their level of expertise. Ive owned Hondas , great bikes back then. I know everything has to be built to a price , but that has always been the case BUT the quality of Hondas in the earlier years (more than 8 / 10 years ago) was far higher than today. WHY. Standard Hondas are good / OK value , but maybe they should offer a "deluxe" level of bikes showing how good they can be , and charging a premium .People wanting a bike of Yamaha / Kawasaki / Ducati quality level would then have a choice between "value" and quality. Just an idea .And just my feelings. Im not saying Honda is "crap" but they are nowhere as good as some people think , or choose to think , and i think thats a sad waste of talent.

Spastic chicken - LOL. ll2 ,i love your posts and enjoy our banter, but you say we cant buy the better quality bikes because they are not sold in Thailand . Right. This is exactly why honda has sold so many bikes - its only the past 3 or 4 years or so we have had alternatives - at reasonable prices. If the only bike for sale the past 50 years was a Lifan (no offence to Lifan owners) then we would all be riding Lifans. Lifan would have sold the most bikes. Simple. Honda have some of the best engineers in the world , and im looking forward to F1 next year , as honda will have had 3 years to build an engine , and in the 90,s they rocked. Honda are capable of building great engines , Moto GP is proof. This is exactly my point .What sadens me is the borring cut-price stuff they palm off on people nowadays. Its far below their level of expertise. Ive owned Hondas , great bikes back then. I know everything has to be built to a price , but that has always been the case BUT the quality of Hondas in the earlier years (more than 8 / 10 years ago) was far higher than today. WHY. Standard Hondas are good / OK value , but maybe they should offer a "deluxe" level of bikes showing how good they can be , and charging a premium .People wanting a bike of Yamaha / Kawasaki / Ducati quality level would then have a choice between "value" and quality. Just an idea .And just my feelings. Im not saying Honda is "crap" but they are nowhere as good as some people think , or choose to think , and i think thats a sad waste of talent.

i agree with you on falling quality but this is same for most of the motorcycle companies to compete in a shrinking market.

Honda needs to release some exciting models as they are doing good at budget bikes and time has come to update the high end models.