Gaza school strike 'criminal' - UN

webfact

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's Genocide. Israelis plan is to take Gaza. It's clear now. Though of course they will deny it.

It looks that way to me, the Israelis have been stealing the Palestinian's land slowly ever since they moved there.

Can the UN order them to stop, fine them or send troops in to help the Palestine?

• Like 1

It's Genocide. Israelis plan is to take Gaza. It's clear now. Though of course they will deny it.

It looks that way to me, the Israelis have been stealing the Palestinian's land slowly ever since they moved there.

This is just plain asinine. If Israel wanted to commit "genocide" why are there so many Palestinians? They have lost every single war since they declared the first one 66 years ago and they would have been gone long ago, If Israel wanted it that way.

• Like 2

Can the UN order them to stop, fine them or send troops in to help the Palestine?

Order them to stop stopping the Hamas rockets? Order them to give back Gaza AGAIN?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

This is just plain asinine. If Israel wanted to commit "genocide" why are there so many Palestinians? They have lost every single war since they declared the first one 66 years ago and they would have been gone long ago, If Israel wanted it that way.

Less of the insults please.

It seems like anyone who disagrees with you or Jingting is wrong or foolishsad.png

I don't know what your two's motives are but you are posting a lot on these subjects. I'd hazard a guess and say you are Israeli in which case totally biased.

I suggest you detach a bit so you can see the whole picture.

Order them to stop stopping the Hamas rockets? Order them to give back Gaza AGAIN?

I don't know about any rockets but if someone stole a little of my land every year, I'd fire rockets into theirs.

• Like 2

I don't know about any rockets but if someone stole a little of my land every year, I'd fire rockets into theirs.
You don't know about the rockets? Hmm

• Like 2

That might work.

The current situation certainly hasn't been working and now Israel is losing international goodwill.

All these threads start the same way, an alleged crime by Israel resulting in a circle jerk of the usual suspects repeating ad-nauseum the same old discredited allegations maybe in the off chance they will sway the opinion of any passing reader who has not the time or inclination to delve deeply into the issue.

Never does a thread start with Hamas being accused of anything, though their crimes and evidence of their guilt are so much easier to demonstrate. It is high time Hamas leaders were held accountable for their actions and perhaps the UN, NATO, the ICC etc should go after the Hamas leaders as this might encourage them to moderate their behavior.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4646/hamas-war-crimes

I've no problem to blame Hamas for its war crimes.

But IDF defence war is taking Innocent Palestinian civilians.

Bombing schools, ambulances, hospitals, UN shelters, kids on the beach, etc has nothing to do with military targets.

Gaza stip is only 51x11 kms so heavy precise bombing is not really recommended in dence populated area's.

Total bombs/missiles dropped by Israel is not logical compared to the Hamas leaders killed till now.

Edited by Thorgal

All these threads start the same way, an alleged crime by Israel resulting in a circle jerk of the usual suspects repeating ad-nauseum the same old discredited allegations maybe in the off chance they will sway the opinion of any passing reader who has not the time or inclination to delve deeply into the issue.

Never does a thread start with Hamas being accused of anything, though their crimes and evidence of their guilt are so much easier to demonstrate. It is high time Hamas leaders were held accountable for their actions and perhaps the UN, NATO, the ICC etc should go after the Hamas leaders as this might encourage them to moderate their behavior.

The difference being Hamas have a reason to fight for their land, Israel don't.

Look at the names on that website: I wonder if they are slightly biased :cheesy:

Amir Taheri, Chairman, Europe Board of Governors

Board of Governors, Gatestone Europe
  • Chairman, Amir Taheri
  • Josef Joffe
  • Anne-Elisabeth Moutet
Nina Rosenwald, President

Naomi H. Perlman, Vice President

The difference being Hamas have a reason to fight for their land, Israel don't.

Look at the names on that website: I wonder if they are slightly biased :cheesy:

Amir Taheri, Chairman, Europe Board of Governors

Board of Governors, Gatestone Europe
  • Chairman, Amir Taheri
  • Josef Joffe
  • Anne-Elisabeth Moutet
Nina Rosenwald, President

Naomi H. Perlman, Vice President

Could you point me to which part of Gaza is occupied. Incidentally source policing is the last refuge for those who can't refute facts.

Edited by Steely Dan
  • Like 2

Israel criminal?

Think again:

Summary

It is highly unlikely that Israel is violating the proportionality principle, given a) the legitimate military objective of responding to criminal attacks on her homeland and civilians, B) the standard civilian casualty ratios observed compared to historical conflicts, c) the IDF’s explicit policy of minimising civilian deaths, d) the advance warnings given by the IDF and e) Hamas’s insidious use of human shields. On the other hand, there can be only certainty that Hamas is guilty of war crimes, both for intentionally and indiscriminately targeting Israeli civilians and for hiding behind the Gazan people.

http://jewishmindblog.com/

Israel criminal?

Think again:

Summary

It is highly unlikely that Israel is violating the proportionality principle, given a) the legitimate military objective of responding to criminal attacks on her homeland and civilians, cool.png the standard civilian casualty ratios observed compared to historical conflicts, c) the IDF’s explicit policy of minimising civilian deaths, d) the advance warnings given by the IDF and e) Hamas’s insidious use of human shields. On the other hand, there can be only certainty that Hamas is guilty of war crimes, both for intentionally and indiscriminately targeting Israeli civilians and for hiding behind the Gazan people.

http://jewishmindblog.com/

A few days ago the Israeli military confirmed that so far in the latest round of conflict, Gaza militants have fired more than 3,800 rockets and mortar shells at Israel, while Israel launched about 5,000 airstrikes at Gaza. (These figures exclude artillery, naval and tank fire by the Israelis). In the article below it talks to the push for involvement by the ICC. One can assume both the Israelis and the Palestinian factions would be found responsible for actions contrary to humanity.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/hamas-kills-11-suspected-informers-israel-25080623

The Mods have now closed down nearly all topics regarding Gaza mainly due to so many inflamatory posts by both sides of the debate. Isn’t it about time the never ending "did / didn’t" arguments cease?

Edited by simple1

I don't know what you are on about. People who support Israel's right to defend herself against antisemitic genocidal terrorists are never going to agree with Hamas cheerleaders.

Speaking of attacks on Israel, when it rains, it pours. Now some are coming from the NORTH in Lebanon!

I don't know what you are on about. People who support Israel's right to defend herself against antisemitic genocidal terrorists are never going to agree with Hamas cheerleaders.

Speaking of attacks on Israel, when it rains, it pours. Now some are coming from the NORTH in Lebanon!

I am sometimes of the view that many of those posting support for Hamas actions on TV are really just indulging in inflammatory argument for the sake of it. However your response just underlines my point, posts repeating the same content - really somewhat pointless, of course 'up to you'.

Yep launches from within Lebanon, I have read the launch sites have already been tracked down by Lebanese security. I would guess the last thing Israeli & Lebanese governments want is another conflict on Lebanese soil

• Like 1

Bombing schools, ambulances, hospitals, UN shelters, kids on the beach, etc has nothing to do with military targets.

Gaza stip is only 51x11 kms so heavy precise bombing is not really recommended in dence populated area's.

Total bombs/missiles dropped by Israel is not logical compared to the Hamas leaders killed till now.

Was hitting Hamas leadership the main goal of Israel?

Israeli government's hesitation prior to ordering the ground move pretty much gave Hamas leadership enough time to get safely underground. Most times goals were stated hitting leaders did not figure as the main attraction - more about blowing up attack tunnels, hitting launchers and other Hamas facilities.

Obviously there were a lot of uninvolved civilian casualties, there is no denying that, even if figures are arguable. I take the view that civilian casualties were caused by Hamas staging operations from dense residential areas and public buildings, while at the same time acknowledge that there were certainly times were IDF actions were out of line, or at the very least, not thought out.

In the context of Hamas using public buildings and facilities as cover or outright base for operations, it is hard to claim that all such places hit had nothing to do with military targets. At the same time, it is true not all were military targets.

Israeli government's hesitation prior to ordering the ground move pretty much gave Hamas leadership enough time to get

safely underground. Most times goals were stated hitting leaders did not figure as the main attraction - more about blowing

up attack tunnels, hitting launchers and other Hamas facilities.

Obviously there were a lot of uninvolved civilian casualties, there is no denying that, even if figures are arguable. I take the

view that civilian casualties were caused by Hamas staging operations from dense residential areas and public buildings,

while at the same time acknowledge that there were certainly times were IDF actions were out of line, or at the very least,

not thought out.

In the context of Hamas using public buildings and facilities as cover or outright base for operations, it is hard to claim that

all such places hit had nothing to do with military targets. At the same time, it is true not all were military targets.

Morch,

Only Israel blamed Hamas to be responsible for the civilian casualties used 'as human shields'.

Nobody else could confirm this.

Except a Finish reporter who left already Gaza...without proof of images.

Need to tell that he reporter is working for Helsingin Sanomat. Sanomat is owned by Aatos Erkko, the richest person in Finland.

His mother was Violet Sutcliff, a Jewess from England who moved to Finland during the bolshevik revolution in Russia.

Aatos Erkko is also connected to the US Jewish Sulzbergers and participated in the Bilderberg conference of 1991.

It's a known fact that subjective media resources are playing a capital role in these types of wars.

Edited by Thorgal

Israeli government's hesitation prior to ordering the ground move pretty much gave Hamas leadership enough time to get

safely underground. Most times goals were stated hitting leaders did not figure as the main attraction - more about blowing

up attack tunnels, hitting launchers and other Hamas facilities.

Obviously there were a lot of uninvolved civilian casualties, there is no denying that, even if figures are arguable. I take the

view that civilian casualties were caused by Hamas staging operations from dense residential areas and public buildings,

while at the same time acknowledge that there were certainly times were IDF actions were out of line, or at the very least,

not thought out.

In the context of Hamas using public buildings and facilities as cover or outright base for operations, it is hard to claim that

all such places hit had nothing to do with military targets. At the same time, it is true not all were military targets.

Morch,

Only Israel blamed Hamas to be responsible for the civilian casualties used 'as human shields'.

Nobody else could confirm this.

Except a Finish reporter who left already Gaza...without proof of images.

Need to tell that he reporter is working for Helsingin Sanomat. Sanomat is owned by Aatos Erkko, the richest person in Finland.

His mother was Violet Sutcliff, a Jewess from England who moved to Finland during the bolshevik revolution in Russia.

Aatos Erkko is also connected to the US Jewish Sulzbergers and participated in the Bilderberg conference of 1991.

It's a known fact that subjective media resources are playing a capital role in these types of wars.

There were more reports which even showed this live. I'm not even going to bother linking here as they were pasted all over these topics enough times (and besides, for all my time here, still no idea how to embed a clip). Others can do that if they like.

Can't have it both ways, though. Some posters saying Hamas "had no choice" but to fight from dense urban areas, when anyone who ever set foot in the Gaza Strip (or indeed, just had a look in Google Earth) could say this is incorrect. Fighting from residential areas, storing weapons in public buildings, with civilians still around - doesn't lend much credit to the claim Hamas did not use the population as cover.

There are also more than one reporters which say Hamas actively deterred them from taking pictures and footage of their activities, hence why most such reports are made when reporters are out of harm's way, and why there aren't that many of them. If you, or anyone else, chooses to believe that the rarity of such materials covering the Hamas is due to there not being any Hamas around or to their exceptional powers of hiding themselves, that's alright, just not very convincing.

If you believe media is subjective, why would you think it is subjective only one way?

• Like 1

There were more reports which even showed this live.

There are LOTS more.
MEMRI TV : was co founded in 1998 by former Israeli secret forces officer Yigal Carmon and Meyrav Wurmser, an Israeli born American political scientist...do you expect objectivity ?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East_Media_Research_Institute

IDF TV : do you expect objectivity ?

Again another example of biased Israeli war propaganda after my post #664...

By the way, most footage is from before Operation Protective Edge...

Not really footage to provide to ICC soon.

Edited by Thorgal
  • Like 1

Stop perpetuating lies that come from the myths sprouted in propaganda!

Hamas are not antisemitic, nor are they genocidal or terrorists.

Granted they want to exterminate Zionists, but not all Jews are Zionist. Their charter makes this clear. Their charter makes it clear that, to quote from it, "... it is possible for the members of the three religions: Islam, Christianity and Judaism to coexist in safety and security...". That is NOT antisemitism.

If firing rockets at civilian populated areas is terrorism, then Israel via it's IDF is a much worse terrorist, sowing much more terror.