Man Bags. Why Don't More Farang Men Use These?

deknoiJT

Where I come from if you're a man and you wear a man bag, you're queer, gay, homosexual or whatever.

I'm not, so I don't.

When I see men styling with their man bags, I find it repulsive but I don't say anything, to each their own.

Interesting, how do you feel when you see or meet a gay man who's not carrying any kind of bag ?

Now if this is a gay pride thing, or if his values are being forced on me, then yeah I'd feel a little repulsed.

Can you give us a real life example where you feel that someone else's values have been 'forced' on you?

I'm not sure what your facination with this is but I'll answer your question. If a person makes unwanted advances or touches me in a suggestive way that I'm not comfortable with, that would be forcing their values (things they want or believe in) on me. Just a couple of examples.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you give us a real life example where you feel that someone else's values have been 'forced' on you?

I'm not sure what your facination with this is but I'll answer your question. If a person makes unwanted advances or touches me in a suggestive way that I'm not comfortable with, that would be forcing their values (things they want or believe in) on me. Just a couple of examples.

Can you give us a real life example of where a (presumably) male person has made unwanted advances or touched you in a suggestive way that you're not comfortable with?

Can you give us a real life example of where a (presumably) male person has made unwanted advances or touched you in a suggestive way that you're not comfortable with?

I had a guy rubbing my privates on the packed skytrain once. I was uncomfortable with it. He was more uncomfortable when I grabbed his hand and shoved it behind his back.

I had a guy rubbing my privates on the packed skytrain once. I was uncomfortable with it. He was more uncomfortable when I grabbed his hand and shoved it behind his back.

I must be un-hansum man ... James, no-one has ever tried that old trick on me ... xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU.png

But often get wacked with those bloody full backpacks as the newbie is turning around.

Maybe the Man Bag is such not a bad idea ...

Did I just pen that ... w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif

I must be un-hansum man ... James, no-one has ever tried that old trick on me ... xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU.png

But often get wacked with those bloody full backpacks as the newbie is turning around.

Maybe the Man Bag is such not a bad idea ...

Did I just pen that ... w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif

for the record, I wasn't carrying a man bag - not sure if the other guy had a purse or not. Don't remember.

No

Where I come from if you're a man and you wear a man bag, you're queer, gay, homosexual or whatever.

Roger ... where do you come from?

I come from the midwest in the USA, born in San Francisco, raised in Nebraska, lived in Chicago, Atlanta, Iowa, Texas and Kansas.

Where are you from?

I am all for Man Bags.

Mine typically contains:

Wallet

Sunglasses

Pack of tissues / wet wipes (for the kids)

Cellphone

Loose change

Swiss pocket knife

Cigarettes

Lighter

Small camera

Chewing gum

Small mosquito spray

Some toothpicks

Little tape measure

Passport copy

Pen

I think they are practical. Nowadays there are more manly bags available. I would not consider the Italian type of wrist sling pouches, but prefer canvas type shoulder strap.

• Like 1

No

Then you have no real life example of someone else's values being forced on you. It's all in your head.

I am all for Man Bags.

Mine typically contains:

Wallet

Sunglasses

Cellphone

Loose change

Swiss pocket knife

Cigarettes

Lighter

Small camera

Chewing gum

Small mosquito spray

Some toothpicks

Little tape measure

Passport copy

Pen

I think they are practical. Nowadays there are more manly bags available. I would not consider the Italian type of wrist sling pouches, but prefer canvas type shoulder strap.

We forgive you...

• Like 1

GT is a legend and can drink whatever he wants,

Bet he knows the words to Zulu Warroir and can do the "dance of the flaming <deleted>"

GT wouldnt be seen with such a thing as a man bag, he is too manly for that.

If he is a "union" man no problemo, if he plays mincer boy "league" well he will be on the ginger beers.

He's a queer man - that's why he's only allowed ginger beers.

No he plays league, not union, nothing to do with sexuality or preference its about code.

Your own words:

"You are more than welcome to join me for a few beers in some of the working mens clubs in Yorkshire.

Can just here it now as we make our way to the bar, shouts from the already assembled drinkers,

"barman 3 pints of Landlord and a ginger beer for the queer""

I'd love to see one of the 'assembled drinkers' call him a queer to his face.

Please re read post #134.

Yes I agree, its quite amusing at times to see meat head and knuckle draggers being beaten up by gays.

So many Thai men use these practical and wonderful bags. I personally use one and it follows me everywhere I go.

It fits comfortably on a diagonal across the shoulder and carries my phone, ID, sunglasses, tissues, gum, lip balm, sunscreen, money, keys, BTS card, headphones and other essentials.

My items are always safe and one me. I never leave my phone or glasses on the food court table anymore. No bulging shorts or pants. No need to carry thngs in my hands.

Is it conditioning that stops more Western men from using these?

First of all, I did not read others' respond. But I think it's a good idea to have your own bag for personal belonging.

Besides of me carry all shopping bags. I have my husband's glasses, camera and a bit of this and that in my purse and it annoys me as hell. Especially when I am handful with those shopping bags and I can't sort them out in my purse.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I am all for Man Bags.

Mine typically contains:

Wallet

Sunglasses

Cellphone

Loose change

Swiss pocket knife

Cigarettes

Lighter

Small camera

Chewing gum

Small mosquito spray

Some toothpicks

Little tape measure

Passport copy

Pen

one does wonder why you need a full-time measuring tape on board

^^^^,

to reply further to the above.

Used to frequent a bar up north, very popular with bikers.

The bar man kept his pipes clean (no pun intended), killer selection on the juke box, lock ins no problem, killer vindaloo provided, pitch the tents in the beer garden, top notch fry ups the next day, no problem with "Morocan" cigarettes being smoked outside.

One night three cave men entered the bar, they pretty soon sussed out the bar man (ex para) was gay, they were that dumb they didnt even see the BAs in the bar and instead started to say the juke box was crap, why wasnt YMCA on it.

Bar man says, ok lads you have had your fun, drink up and leave please.

The cave men start the usual crap.

Bar man says to his "friend" behind the bar, be a dear and pass the dish towel, thats a love.

At that point, chairs and tables are moved back by the regulars who know whats coming next, they had seen it all before.

Bar man flicks the damp towel and catches meat head one right in the eye, down he goes, second meat head is given an elbow to the solar plexus and drops like a sack of spuds, third meat head mumbles something like there is no effin need for that, hairy assed bikers going crazy, nice one landlord.

Taxi or ambulance lads?

Whatever, get a life. Fascination over.

Protesting too much???

Human League WAS pretty gay.

fascination_zps11566f82.jpg

You lost me. I don't know what the album was about and no idea what the protest was about.

I answered the OP's question about "Why don't more farang men use these?" and stated my reasons for not wearing a man bag. Somehow it became a question and answer session that I don't care to get into. What one man does is his business as long as it doesn't affect me. There are certainly things in life I find repulsive that others may cherish, so be it.

Roger ... where do you come from?

I come from the midwest in the USA, born in San Francisco, ...

I've been to San Francisco ... nice place ... thumbsup.gif

But I could live in San Diego ... hated LA though.

I am all for Man Bags.

Mine typically contains:

Wallet

Sunglasses

Cellphone

Loose change

Swiss pocket knife

Cigarettes

Lighter

Small camera

Chewing gum

Small mosquito spray

Some toothpicks

Little tape measure

Passport copy

Pen

one does wonder why you need a full-time measuring tape on board

Ouch, I should not reply to this one....

Anyway the tape is actually one of those simple ones from Ikea. It just helps when shopping for: small furniture , China ware, clothes etc.

Personally, I wear pants with pockets for the purpose of carry my stuff. If I have a lot of stuff then I wear cargo pants which have extra pockets. But usually its just wallet, keys, and phone....so pocket pants work perfiect for me!

I think every falang I have ever seen here wears those cargo pant things, they look very scruffy IMO. Bags are better but then you have the risk of being robbed of it, or more likely pick pocketed. Friend had his bag dipped twice, once on the bus, lost everything including house keys and ID, and yesterday robbed of a phone in an upmarket Mall out of the bag, these thieves are very good at what they do.

When working on the farm, I used a tool belt and a box or bag of supplies. When I got off the factory floor into an office, I began using a briefcase to carry calculators, documents, pens, scissors, stapler, tape, writing pads, etc.. When later a University student, I used a backpack for books, etc.. When running or bicycling, I used a small fluorescent hip pack with cash and cellphone.. When an auditor, I used a briefcase. When an IT tech, I used a laptop bag and backpack. When an IT Director, i used a hip bag and small backpack for CD tools, tools, cellphone, laptop, etc... As walking or bicycle ridng retiree, I use either a hip bag or shoulder bag to carry bottled water, cellphone, tab computer (ipad or Tab2), digital camera, ATM/credit cards, identification, cash, earplugs, sunglasses, etc...(I also have most of the Pacsafe inventory :).

I didnt "WEAR" any of the above, but "USE" what I think i need to carry what i want. Some choose not to want to carry anything, thats fine. When in the USA, I don't carry much as it is all in my truck, car or motorcycle compartments except I do use a golf bag to carry my 14 clubs, umbrella, dozen golf balls, tees, water, rain/wind jacket, gloves, memebership cards and cash. When I ride my bicycle or motorcycle, I often use a hip pack or small backpack unless it's a multi-day trip, then it's the bigger bags.

Guys who judge others by what they "wear" are essentially 'fashion police'. They should probably think why they like to be fashion policemen :).

Edited by losgrad
  • Like 2