Formatting Computer And Reinstalling Win Sp Sp2

sonic_11uk

Hello,

Whilst I'm generally ok with the use of a computer, I'm not so great on maintenance. I've been using the same laptop for just under 3 years now and have accumulated a lot of junk on the C drive which is really slowing things done.

I know how to format the computer in practice but don't feel confident enough to go through this alone and was hoping to take the unit somewhere where someone more experienced than myself could go through the process whilst I watched and took notes.

To add, a copy version of Windows XP sp2 was installed for me when I bought the unit but the registration code supplied with the cd no longer works?! How come?

Can anyone please advise of a place in Bangkok which provides computer maintenance? Does anyone know if there's a good shop in Pantip to do this, and how much might this cost?

Cheers!!!

Talk to K. Thaksin at Adtech...... Panthip Plaza.

Up the escalator to the Mezz floor and turn right and then left, its just there on yr right. small shop with blue and white signage.

He speaks perfect English and will quote you on anything.

Good tech staff too.

I've been dealing with him for 4 years, he is a very patient Chinese Thai and a gentleman.

If I can find his phone number, I'll post it later. :o

edit: Adtech Micro System

Room# M7 Pantip Plaza Building Petchburi Road Rajthevee Bangkok 10400

Tel : +66 (0)2-2553618 +66(0)2-2553619

Edited by udon

Thanks very much for the info, I will check that place out next week to sort my computer out.

On the issue about Win XP sp2, does anyone know if the PID (Product ID) code is only usable once? I put in the code when I installed the software, but now it won't accept the code anymore.

Is there a reason for this or will I need to purchase a new copy of Win XP/code?

Thanks!!!

The Product ID and Product Key are two different things. The Key is the one you enter when installing.

This neat little util will show you all your Microsoft IDs and Keys ...

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

Not sure if Microsoft stop you using an XP Key more than once. I have done multiple installs from the one CD, but my XP may be a different (corporate) version.