proof of address for renewing British passport

any recent experience of documents for proof of address, i have a pension statement letter from uk bank but its from last year, or i have a rental contract in english or a passport full of visas and stamps showing ive not left thailand for the past for years

any experiences anyone

thanks

• 1 month later...

I just renewed my UK pp at Trendy.

Took my monthly apartment lease agreement to Chonburi Immigration who gave me (Baht 300) a 'To whom it may concern' letter in English stating my Thai address which included their stamp across my photo.

Emailed Trendy for appointment. Go to appointment, out within 20 mins.

Email plus phone call from Trendy (VFS) for me to pick up new pp (10 mins). 14 days start to finish.

Impressed!

• Like 1

I went back to the UK in the end, spent 10 days with friends and family, got my passport within 4 hours up in London, a slightly more expensive way to obtain a new passport but if you've got to go back for anything, get your passport done at the same time :)

• 2 years later...
On 8/14/2014 at 3:40 PM, maccraw said:

The page on Guidance shows----

Making your application

You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring photo ID with you.

Bring original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.

You must also bring your current passport with you when you apply, and a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages).

You can’t travel with it after you’ve applied for a new one - but you will be able to keep your existing passport for ID purposes.

You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.

UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua,
Wattana,

it IS NOW NOT on the 28th Floor....the office for passport is on the 8th floor.......