ATM 'power overload' may have killed toddler

Lite Beer

'farangs are not allowed to work as electrician or investigator.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because if they could hence majority of Thai had to start tomorrow from hand propelled devices and candle but it could be long time waiting for power restoration.coffee1.gif

Edited by gigman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Of course we will never see the actual report.

So the test results on the earthing integrity of the machine and its installation, the operation (or presence) of the RCD or any other safety related checks will never be known.

We just get to see 'power overload' which is plain rubbish, or really, really poor translation.

Nice to see someone knows electricity, with a power overload, the on-board protect system should shut the ATM down, the only way anyone could be electrocuted is by poor installed, maintained RDC and earth strapping, all in the above

Power overload is plain rubbish; an overload blows a circuit breaker plus a live chassis cannot happen if the machine is earthed.

In the US, a 'power overload' automatically trips the circuit breaker and cuts off all power to the 'overloaded' circuit. I don't believe this story for one second. It may be a translation error but I doubt it. Most people would believe whatever they are told when the answer is 'technical'. The bank doesn't dare say the truth or the electrical contractor will sue them for 'defamation'. In Thailand, one can be telling the truth and still be guilty of defaming another. Thainess. 'Farang not understand' (they got that right).

Not being funny here but could you explain to me what a power overload actually is since you seem to be familiar with the concept

May I also add - once you have explained what it is, can you describe how it got onto the metal frame of the ATM and killed this poor little girl

Always willing to learn

Obviously a live wire inside (or possibly outside) the ATM had come into contact with the frame of the machine, possibly mice eating the insulation as they are wont to do, or poor wiring by the contractor though they will never admit to malfeasance. Very unfortunate indeed.

• Like 2