Are you excited about the new iPhone 6?

Digitalnomade

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The phone is pretty pricey. Here are the figures for an unlocked iPhone. It's interesting to note that the 128GB iPhone 6 plus is only $200 more than the 16GB model while the smaller iPhone is $300 more.

iPhone 6 (16GB): $649

iPhone 6 (64GB): $749

iPhone 6 (128GB): $849

iPhone 6 Plus (16GB): $749

iPhone 6 Plus (64GB): $849

iPhone 6 Plus (128GB): $949

• The phone is pretty pricey. Here are the figures for an unlocked iPhone. It's interesting to note that the 128GB iPhone 6 plus is only $200 more than the 16GB model while the smaller iPhone is $300 more.
  • iPhone 6 (16GB): $649
  • iPhone 6 (64GB): $749
  • iPhone 6 (128GB): $849
  • iPhone 6 Plus (16GB): $749
  • iPhone 6 Plus (64GB): $849
  • iPhone 6 Plus (128GB): $949

I'm not seeing your $300 difference.

My first iphone was a 3GS, bought in Thailand when it was brand new... still using it, the kidney table under the iphones, love the design and the functions... the kids went through all following versions... I love my 3GS, would buy it any time again, now it's arround 9000฿, when i got it, it was over 30.000..., except from a missing frontcamera and "Retina screen", are there any real (perceptible) changes since then?

Edited by Chonburiram

Wow, a 64GB upgrade for my phone costs about 35 bucks, and I can have as many as I want. Never looked at 128.

But Apple most have some awesome memory for that price.

I don't have any specs, but the memory in my iOS devices is substantially faster than any micro SD I've ever used in my Note 3.

My first iphone was a 3GS, bought in Thailand when it was brand new... still using it, the kidney table under the iphones, love the design and the functions... the kids went through all following versions... I love my 3GS, would buy it any time again, now it's arround 9000฿, when i got it, it was over 30.000..., except from a missing frontcamera and "Retina screen", are there any real (perceptible) changes since then?

As you move up from the 3GS, what you'll notice most is; more memory, a faster much more responsive UI, way better camera - with a flash and shooting HD video with stabilzation, a gyroscope which (needed by several apps and games), faster 3G speeds (3GS is max 7.2mbps), better battery life, and support for newer versions of iOS which some apps/games require. The screen on newer ones is not just higher resolution - it's also brighter and has better colors and contrast - which makes them much better to use outdoors.

Some of this might seem trivial (especially ability to support newer iOS), but it all adds up. If you don't want to make the jump all the way to a latest model, the 4S is only around 14K Baht now, and still a very good device.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

I accidentally drop my iphone 5 down the elevator shaft. Don't ask.

Anyway, so I got the iPhone 6. Went back and forth whether to get the 6 or 6 plus. The 6 plus is definitely easier for your eyes.

Better battery, screen resolution, camera and I think little faster processor.

The plus is not that big really. For a woman, it can go in a purse and may be back pocket even.

At the end. I got the iPhone 6, gold, 128GB. My old iphone 5 was always full, it was a pain whenever updates came out. So. I bit the bullet and went with the 128gb.

So far so good, I like it.

Cheers.

• iPhone 6 (16GB): $649
  • iPhone 6 (64GB): $749
  • iPhone 6 (128GB): $849
  • iPhone 6 Plus (16GB): $749
  • iPhone 6 Plus (64GB): $849
  • iPhone 6 Plus (128GB): $949

I'm not seeing your $300 difference.

The $300 difference what he means is the iPhone 6 Plus (128 GB) - iPhone 6 (16 GB) = 949-649 = 300

• Like 1

Just came across this performance review for iPhone 6. Looks like the update is about more than just size.

Early tests from PC performance sites Tom's Hardware and AnandTech have revealed that early iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus buyers aren't just buying style and elegance -- they're also getting a smartphone that appears to be the best all-around performer available, in some cases by a significant margin. Significant improvements in GPU performance, JavaScript performance and battery life once again see the iPhone outperforming phones with quad-core chips and twice the RAM.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/14/09/23/toms.hardware.anandtech.both.find.the.iphone.beats.the.rest/#ixzz3E7gk3eWN

Regarding battery performance, from Anandtech:

It seems that Apple has managed to do something quite incredible with battery life. Normally an 1810 mAh battery with 3.82V nominal voltage would be quite a poor performer, but the iPhone 6 is a step above just about every other Android smartphone on the market.

Anyway, so I got the iPhone 6. Went back and forth whether to get the 6 or 6 plus. The 6 plus is definitely easier for your eyes.

Better battery, screen resolution, camera and I think little faster processor.

The plus is not that big really. For a woman, it can go in a purse and may be back pocket even.

At the end. I got the iPhone 6, gold, 128GB. My old iphone 5 was always full, it was a pain whenever updates came out. So. I bit the bullet and went with the 128gb.

So far so good, I like it.

Cheers.

Where'd you get it? HK?

I got one in the USA - iPhone 6 64GB because 16 really isn't enough - waiting for it to be shipped over here.

I'm glad there's other people who also destroyed their perfectly good iPhone 5... mine got washed in the washing machine. Likewise, don't ask.

• Like 2

Make sure you tell the building. They can get it out.

I didn't drop anything down there, but one time a person in the elevator with me dropped their keys down there, haha. They had to shutdown the elevator service and a guy had to jump down there and retreive the keys :)

Make sure you tell the building. They can get it out.

I didn't drop anything down there, but one time a person in the elevator with me dropped their keys down there, haha. They had to shutdown the elevator service and a guy had to jump down there and retreive the keys :)

Oh they got it out...

15082127800_4378221365_z_d.jpg

15082127730_18872e72c5_z_d.jpg

• Like 1

Pfft, I gave up waiting for Apple to produce a Phablet, so I bought a Samsung Note 3 back in January... Never been happier... I fart in Apple's general direction, along with their CEO Tim (I hate conservatives) Cook...

And yet, here you are on the iPhone6 thread.. Lamenting or trolling? :P:D

• Like 1

I've been down the Apple Store in Tokyo today to have a look, I'm underwhelmed.

They seem so thin and fragile, my 4s is built like a Battleship compared with the 6 series, I truly do believe the 4 series was the best designed iPhone to date and it will take a true deign masterpiece to top it, the 6 series fails IMO.

I read online that some people are having problems with the 6+, its so big and thin its bending ! xohmy.png.pagespeed.ic.shABmucp9T.png

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/iphone-6-plus-bending-irate-apple-fans-report-new-smartphones-bending-in-pockets-9752204.html

I will pass on the 6 series and hang on to my 4s, it's still a very good phone.

The iPhone 6+ bend test. Edited by Banzai99

Ha Ha! Sorry but I've just got to laugh, bendy, bugs in the operating system, dodgy camera, you fashion slaves make me larf!

Yeap. The iphone has always been too small for me and I was going to try the 6+ but not now. I will upgrade my note 2 for the note 4. The note is the best phone out IMO.