Two suspected attackers of Scottish Man in Central Pattaya report to Police

webfact

Two suspected attackers of Scottish Man in Central Pattaya report to Police

assault-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Wednesday the two men, wanted in connection with the attack on a Scottish Man in Soi LK Metro in Central Pattaya, gave themselves up to Police and denied reports by a selection of Thai media outlets that they stole items from the man following the attack.

The attack took place last weekend and led to Mr. Stuart Page aged 40 sustaining a serious head wound and other minor upper-body injuries. The two suspects, Khun Nitisart aged 26 and Khun Supagorn aged 41, reported to Pattaya Police Station where they were charged with assault.

During interviews the men claimed they were friends with the girlfriend of Mr. Page and were called by her after she became angry that her boyfriend was not protecting her during an altercation with his friend, Mr. Donald Banks aged 36.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/145598/two-suspected-attackers-of-scottish-man-in-central-pattaya-report-to-police/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-09-18

The girlfriend sounds like a real piece of work. If she has organised the beating why hasn't she been charged? Sounds like she lost face in the argument with the other guy and the boyfriend didn't adopt the Thai mentality and beat the other guy to a pulp.

Edited by chooka

A post removed, please read this forum rule ...

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

A couple of years in prison might teach this pair of miscreants some manners.

Edit : The girlfriend should be arrested and charged as well.

You can't go around getting people beat up on a whim - this is part of the problem in Thailand.

Who are these guys ?

They are brainless idiots,,

If someone called me and said "come and beat up my boyfriend" I would simply tell her to stop being stupid. If she was in danger she leaves, if she needs help call the police. Only a complete moron would say "OK" and trot on over for a fight.

They need to be prosecuted for sure.

The police will take their lies for facts and let them go or book them on the least serious charge possible. If General Prayuth is serious about protecting the tourist industry, scum like these two have to be locked up for years, even if they are thai citizens.

I think he's more interested in protecting Thailands image than the tourist trade. I'm sure the victims behaviour should be called in to question - he probably deserved it.

My guess is that all parties were at fault here, the 2 Thai guys will get a slap on the wrist then some other news will take over and all will be forgotten.

I just hope the Scottish guy had the sense to dump the girlfriend. If not I can have no sympathy for him.

• Like 1

There is a lot of this crime going on only yesterday i saw a young American beaten up at second rd and soi chiaptuek,.I dont think Thais like tourists any more

And if you put up a struggle and defend yourself, they come back with a crowd and beat you and your girl-friend senseless with a hoe and then drown you.

Something really needs to change when a farang has to fear for their lifes because they were successful at defending off a physical attack. I hope PM Prauth gets around to addressing the senseless violence.

There is a lot of this crime going on only yesterday i saw a young American beaten up at second rd and soi chiaptuek,.I dont think Thais like tourists any more

I'm not convinced that Thais ever really liked foreign tourists. They put up with them, and they do like the money they spend. If I was at all concerned about being liked I would probably move to the Philippines.

I lived in the Philippines for 8 years and I think the majority of Filipinos do not like foreigners any more than the Thais do.

You can't go around getting people beat up on a whim - this is part of the problem in Thailand.

Who are these guys ?

Sort of "pimps"? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Who are these guys ?

Khun Nitisart aged 26 and Khun Supagorn aged 41

My guess is that all parties were at fault here, the 2 Thai guys will get a slap on the wrist then some other news will take over and all will be forgotten.

I just hope the Scottish guy had the sense to dump the girlfriend. If not I can have no sympathy for him.

100% for sure dump the alleged G/F. I would say she was a rented G/F.

100% for sure dump the alleged G/F. I would say she was a rented G/F.

The Scottish, who got hit, is the now new Member, =Page73= at least, he let us know that.

Regarding dumping the GF, or taking her back, he says.

"No chance! I'm back to London on Wednesday."

See his posts.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/760167-scotsman-brutally-assaulted-by-thais-in-pattaya-police-say/page-3

If I was at all concerned about being liked I would probably move to the Philippines.

I lived in the Philippines for 8 years and I think the majority of Filipinos do not like foreigners any more than the Thais do.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course but over the last 40 years I have spent more time in the RP than here, and I always found many Filipinos to be genuinely friendly as opposed to just polite as Thais are.

I have also been friends with many Filipinos in the UK but never with any Thais.

This may be partly or even mostly due to the language/comprehension issue, of course.