Real action needed in war on corruption: Thai editorial

webfact

Prayuth is a real hero and corruption fighter. He disclose the corruption in the microphones purchase, and stop it. Yingluck and mark did absolutely nothing.

Like most Thais you are a true patriotic sheep like person, wave your little flag and don't think.

Reading your ridiculous, insulting, ignorant post = 1second of my life wasted. What a moronic thing to say.

If you are a guest in Thailand and not a citizen it is foolish to believe your negative comments will not affect you in time.

With sophisticated online government surveillance, utilizing keywords, negative comments may even be dangerous for you.

Many Thai citizens read these forums and all the negative nonsense will in time make them hate you more!

Yesterday on the BTS I saw a Thai women wearing a T shirt that read in English, 'I never did like you.' Perhaps she is a Thai Visa forum reader!

Rather than complaining, leave! Don't mess it up for the rest of us who over many years have learned patience, going with the flow and enjoying freedoms here most countries no longer have.

I'm hardly in a position to decide which comments are foolish. I have been known, on numerous occassions, to practice that behavior very effectively.

Choice, freedom, patience and tolerance are wonderful commodities. I would rather not be the merchant who decides how much and to whom they will be dispensed.

Ringing the bell of caution in one hand, whilst the other hand directs those who complain to exit the country, is an effective formula for being ignored.

Live and Let Live.

Hey, day after day I read negative comments in the Thai forums about the Police, The Army, the women, the Politicians, Immigration, and on and on and on.

I was a publisher for an on line information center and news blog for several years in Costa Rica and rarely did I get negative comments like I see in your forums and when I did, they were never posted. The trolls were dumped as well.

Over the years whenever I mention your site, all I hear is I stopped contributing to the forums because of all the trash talk about Thailand and a endless stream of trolls.

There are Thai members and I don't see them trashing the US, Britain and European countries.

Keep it up and watch more extensions be denied and more visa restrictions.

When I compare the quality of Aliens that use to live here to now, many who live here now could leave and I would not miss them and the country would be better without them. Many of the tourists currently don't even care how they look and act.

The trouble today is few care about anything, have no boundaries, few manners, many are addicts, aren't responsible, and get dumber by the week.

It's a very different world today. Written published words have killed thousands of news men and women worldwide over the years. If a person starts talking trash about politicians today, don't be surprised if they end up in a cage.

Your the one that will be ignored and you are in the minority. And in my opinion, you think like a troll.

Many Thai citizens read these forums and all the negative nonsense will in time make them hate you more!

Yes I already knew plenty of Thais hate me, those same people also hate and look down on Lao and Cambodians

and many very much aspire to be like Koree, Yippoon or Chinee

but guess what?

Many of those people look at Thais (all Thais, not just the darker skin ones) the same way as many Thais do Farang/Lao/Khmer.

The point being

Xenophobia, racism, hate and rampant nationalism does not come from kind intelligent people, no matter where they are from.

Corruption has nothing to do with skin colour.

I wasn't referring to the corruption issue, just the quoted part of kabulas outlandish post, which he or she has not bothered to reply to.

Which then raises the validity of their online identity.

A call for action in the war on corruption is a step in the right direction...there is a need for a fundamental shift in the Thai mystique that is ingrained in Thai culture...corruption must be condemned by government, business, education, police and military, and even in Thai homes...a campaign to change the culture of corruption starts at the top...but must be embraced by the population...

Edited by ggt
  • Like 1

If you are a guest in Thailand and not a citizen it is foolish to believe your negative comments will not affect you in time.

With sophisticated online government surveillance, utilizing keywords, negative comments may even be dangerous for you.

Yesterday on the BTS I saw a Thai women wearing a T shirt that read in English, 'I never did like you.' Perhaps she is a Thai Visa forum reader!

Rather than complaining, leave! Don't mess it up for the rest of us who over many years have learned patience, going with the flow and enjoying freedoms here most countries no longer have.

I'm hardly in a position to decide which comments are foolish. I have been known, on numerous occassions, to practice that behavior very effectively.

Choice, freedom, patience and tolerance are wonderful commodities. I would rather not be the merchant who decides how much and to whom they will be dispensed.

Ringing the bell of caution in one hand, whilst the other hand directs those who complain to exit the country, is an effective formula for being ignored.

Live and Let Live.

Hey, day after day I read negative comments in the Thai forums about the Police, The Army, the women, the Politicians, Immigration, and on and on and on.

I was a publisher for an on line information center and news blog for several years in Costa Rica and rarely did I get negative comments like I see in your forums and when I did, they were never posted. The trolls were dumped as well.

Over the years whenever I mention your site, all I hear is I stopped contributing to the forums because of all the trash talk about Thailand and a endless stream of trolls.

There are Thai members and I don't see them trashing the US, Britain and European countries.

When I compare the quality of Aliens that use to live here to now, many who live here now could leave and I would not miss them and the country would be better without them. Many of the tourists currently don't even care how they look and act.

The trouble today is few care about anything, have no boundaries, few manners, many are addicts, aren't responsible, and get dumber by the week.

It's a very different world today. Written published words have killed thousands of news men and women worldwide over the years. If a person starts talking trash about politicians today, don't be surprised if they end up in a cage.

Your the one that will be ignored and you are in the minority. And in my opinion, you think like a troll.

These are obviously the words of someone who should be listened to because his edict is 'see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil'! The sheep in the Brecon Beacons have more backbone than this poster.

Have a corruption court. Put all cases on national shows. Broadcast them live. We have plenty of TV channels, don't we?

What would really help is to allow investigative journalism with impunity.

Wonderful idea! If the dirty buggers were losing face on the six o'clock news every night, instead of getting away with it and hiding behind antiquated defamation laws, a lot of the corruption would stop immediately.

I think it would be great television- similar to the nightly Lakorns but better!

Corruption has nothing to do with skin colour.

Absolutely correct. They're all dirty.

Edited by bino

This is what it is going to take.

stock-photo-noose-hanging-from-a-gallows

Nope - this won't do it. A better solution:

post-18167-0-70048000-1411395541_thumb.j

Expose them and make them live in shame amongst the people they have stolen from would be a stronger deterrent.

Edited by bino

Live and Let Live.

sounds like the only troll here is you, costa rica hey, dont they just shoot people that disagree with them there, no wonder you are prepared to bend over for anyone, you have trained your whole life for it. Would love to have seen your online centre, was it just pictures or did you actually write things too. You are in definite need of some serious brain storming so you can learn to think for yourself and not just write what others tell you too, what else can I say but jerk.gif