people collecting jellyfish.

Asiantravel

Don't know about Thais but I have had jelly fish in Jasmines Chinese restaurant.

Jasmines is a very high end restaurant, which is frequented by the Thai princesses but TBH I think that it is overrated.

Don't know whether normal Chinese restaurants would have it on the menu.

Eating Jelly fish is quite weird the texture is strange and I can't describe the taste but it is not unpleasant.

Not sure how they cook it though.

Don't know about Thais but I have had jelly fish in Jasmines Chinese restaurant.

Jasmines is a very high end restaurant, which is frequented by the Thai princesses but TBH I think that it is overrated.

Don't know whether normal Chinese restaurants would have it on the menu.

Eating Jelly fish is quite weird the texture is strange and I can't describe the taste but it is not unpleasant.

Not sure how they cook it though.

Well, I never even dreamt you could eat these things. I am not sure I would enjoy the experience.

Jelly fish contains over 90% water, if they wash up on the beach they shrink/melt away.

Eat them, how odd.

Where is JT when we need him??

Maybe he's on the beach fishing for jelly fish, he-he.

There is a saying that the Chinese would eat anything with the sun on its back, maybe that saying should cover water as well. biggrin.png

Edited by tonytigerbkk

Chinese have been eating jellyfish all along. There are attempts in japan to promote jellyfish for their menu. This would help fight the giant jellyfish invasion all along Japans coastlines. Incredible the damage done to the fisheries. A very good documentary on NAT-GEO these days. Enjoy. MS>

http://www.flavorandfortune.com/dataaccess/article.php?ID=562