Truly unimaginable: 'Beyond imagination' mall to open west of Bangkok

webfact

Truly unimaginable: 'Beyond imagination' mall to open west of Bangkok
By Coconuts Bangkok

westgate.jpg

BANGKOK: -- With every new mall comes a new set of superlative claims: biggest, fanciest, luxurious-est.

So while news of new Bangkok shopping mall “Central Westgate” comes as little surprise, its claim for the title of “Asia’s best regional mall” sounds relatively underwhelming.

Central Westgate will open just west of Bangkok in Nonthaburi next year. It’s designed to sit at a transit nexus where major roads and national highways connect.

To be located at the Bangyai intersection, the mall aims to serve travelers from the motorway, Kanchanaphisek and Rattanathibet roads, the MRT Purple Line, and a future expressway which will connect to Dawei, a major port in Myanmar. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/10/01/truly-unimaginable-beyond-imagination-mall-open-west-bangkok

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-10-01

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do they really need another one ? If this carrys on it will turn into the likes of Dubai. Too many shopping malls that are empty.

Malls are good only saturay and sunday what about other days. seems all malls are empty during weekdays and only malls win and the rest of shops come and go

"With every new mall comes a new set of superlative claims: biggest, fanciest, luxurious-est."

I'm sure the unpaid rice farmers are jumping for joywhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif .

The agricultural sector produces 8.4 percent of the GDP

http://www.thephoenixcapitalgroup.com/thailands-gnp-year-to-year/

I doubt many rice farmers patronize malls in Bangkok.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do they really need another one ? If this carrys on it will turn into the likes of Dubai. Too many shopping malls that are empty.

Malls are good only saturay and sunday what about other days. seems all malls are empty during weekdays and only malls win and the rest of shops come and go

38% of the people who visit malls like to go on weekends. This has been a constant in the business for years. The other 62% is split between the days of the week and nights. Although it may seem slow to you if you take 38 people and put them in a place for 2 days and 62 people and spread them out over 5 days and nights it seems less busy but they still do the majority of shopping. 38 divided by 2 as opposed to 62 divided by 5.

• Like 1

"With every new mall comes a new set of superlative claims: biggest, fanciest, luxurious-est."

I'm sure the unpaid rice farmers are jumping for joywhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif .

Obviously "Facetious" is not part of your vocabulary. Too bad. You are missing a lot of humor which everyday life provides.

• Like 2

Obviously "Facetious" is not part of your vocabulary. Too bad. You are missing a lot of humor which everyday life provides.

Facetious "treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant." Was not indicated by your post.

• Like 1

38% of the people who visit malls like to go on weekends. This has been a constant in the business for years. The other 62% is split between the days of the week and nights. Although it may seem slow to you if you take 38 people and put them in a place for 2 days and 62 people and spread them out over 5 days and nights it seems less busy but they still do the majority of shopping. 38 divided by 2 as opposed to 62 divided by 5.

At weekends, in most malls, you'll possibly wake up and realise the average family has spent 5 or 6 hours enjoying the free air-con and wi-fi, and walks out with 200 Baht's worth of food, and goes to the market outside to buy meat and veg and necessities.

• Like 1

Doesnt look like its yours either.. did you need to Google that word then copy and paste? By the way its taken over the rest of your font, it looks like that