Liberia 'to prosecute US Ebola man'

webfact

This man will never go back to Liberia again. Blame the victim, sound familiar ?

victim but also perpetrator.

he is now gone, but not without potentially endangering another whole continent, who can tell how many more people he infected, in addition to the deputy who is now sick.

many people (the majority?) become dysfunctional in strongly emotional situations, it is useless to trust a mass of people to observe safety or containment regulations rather than to follow their heart and act stupidly.

questionnaires are totally useless, since people know that if they check the box "yes I have been in Liberia" they won't be allowed to travel, and they think they are ok, so no harm done, right?

the only way is to enforce very strict rules with all means necessary.

Edited by manarak

If you believe for one minute that this guy will be the only source of entrance into the Americas then you're delusional.

He was just the first and from what I've read I have to wonder if he did anything wrong at all.

He took someone who was ill to the hospital, so what ? They have other illnesses in Africa apart from Ebola you know.

He would probably have had no idea that the person who he took to the hospital had Ebola.

He took someone who was ill to the hospital, so what ? They have other illnesses in Africa apart from Ebola you know.

He would probably have had no idea that the person who he took to the hospital had Ebola.

I am sorry but your above claim lacks any credibility at all.

Therefore I must be wrong and he knew all along that the person he took to the hospital had Ebola ?

Therefore I must be wrong and he knew all along that the person he took to the hospital had Ebola ?

You could read the news reports on the BBC which indicate as much.

If you believe for one minute that this guy will be the only source of entrance into the Americas then you're delusional.

He was just the first and from what I've read I have to wonder if he did anything wrong at all.

Containing Ebola is a question of time with two factors:

- spread rate

- morbidity

If the hosts are killed quicker than the virus can spread, the race is won.

So... if he was the first and had been successfully prevented from traveling, maybe the second could also have been prevented (quarantined)...

We all need to be afraid of Ebola strains with a milder acute phase and/or lower morbidity, because it will allow the virus to spread more easily.

It's time to take more drastic measures to prevent spreading, maybe air traffic from Ebola countries needs to be suspended.

Edited by manarak