Tourist survives fall from Phuket's iconic cape

Lite Beer

Tourist survives fall from Phuket's iconic cape

1413627874_1.jpg

The tourist suffered head injuries and some minor scrapes.

PHUKET: A tourist is lucky to have survived after falling from the scenic, yet deadly tourist attraction of Laem Phromthep, the iconic cape known for its outstanding sunset views on the island's south.

Next to Big Buddha, Laem Phromthep is one of Phuket's most picturesque sites, drawing thousands of tourists everyday to take "selfies", and capture romantic images of the sea swallowing the setting sun.

However, the attraction can be just as deadly as it is beautiful, especially for tourists and residents alike who don't take proper safety precautions.

In July this year, a local fisherman was killed after waves swept him from a spot off Laem Phromthep (story here), and around in November last year, a Singaporean tourist also died after falling from the iconic cape (story here).

Stay tuned for more details about the survivor.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/tourist-survives-fall-from-phukets-iconic-cape-49216.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-10-18

Foreigner and height I thought police just classed that as suicide regardless so I take it this will be classified as a failed suicide attempt

"I thought police just classed that as suicide regardless..."

That's the problem with reading Thai Visa too much of the time, you start to think the mindless propaganda is true.

When you're ready, I have some bad news for you re: Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy as well.

Edited by LivinginKata

Yes, Chinese tourist. What was your expectation? They can make them-self to trouble any-where, any-time.

Used to I live there around 500 meter, and those place is pretty safe enough for normal people, not for Chinese.

Look at this story.

I was a dive instructor at Dahab (Sinai half-island, Egypt).

Came 2 Chinese tourists with their demand, they wanted to rent ABC equipment for snorkeling at Light-house area.

Was a nice weather with out any waves, I gave them, and asked:

Please DON'T step onto the corals only float.

OK, OK.

2 minutes later I have recognized they are stand in water to their middle, 50 meters from the shore, means they were standing on corals.

3 minutes later one of them drowned and had to revitalize.

These are the Chinese tourists: impolite, loud, public- and self dangerous flock of sheep.