Manchester City

mrbojangles

city are well, well capable of bottling this yet.

that said though, since united went 8 points clear and were seemingly home and hosed they've picked up just 4 points from 4 matches. that's choking, and not like them,

that said though, since united went 8 points clear and were seemingly home and hosed they've picked up just 4 points from 4 matches. that's choking, and not like them,

Agreed Stevie but dropping points against Newcastle couldn't be construed as bottling it. My point being its a very tough fixture come whatever.

That said Utd just look plain vulnerable.

Pretty dull game if viewed without all the tension, and boy, was there plenty of that. Just a game i think both sides wanted to get through and get over. So even though we lost, it's a relief it is over.

Congrats to City. Well played. I think we had a plan to stay close until the last 20 minutes and then turn the screw, and the plan came close to coming off, but just couldn't work a way through your defence. Well done.

Pretty dull game if viewed without all the tension, and boy, was there plenty of that. Just a game i think both sides wanted to get through and get over. So even though we lost, it's a relief it is over.

Congrats to City. Well played. I think we had a plan to stay close until the last 20 minutes and then turn the screw, and the plan came close to coming off, but just couldn't work a way through your defence. Well done.

What game was you watching rixy ? 2 shots on target all game2.gif , that will teach old red nose to play for a draw 112.gif

What game was you watching rixy ? 2 shots on target all game2.gif , that will teach old red nose to play for a draw 112.gif

Bearing in mind they got six past us last time, i would say that going into the last 20 minutes one goal adrift, with them substituting their attackers for defenders, and us getting more of the ball, the plan was working... just not well enough....

Agreed Stevie but dropping points against Newcastle couldn't be construed as bottling it. My point being its a very tough fixture come whatever.

newcastle have been good all season really but they seem to be having an end of term wobble themselves, shipping four to wigan etc. city just need to hold their nerve. and leave balotelli on the bench.

newcastle have been good all season really but they seem to be having an end of term wobble themselves, shipping four to wigan etc. city just need to hold their nerve. and leave balotelli on the bench.

Newcastle have had one loss and six wins in their last 7 matches. At their patch, this game will not be easy.

Newcastle have had one loss and six wins in their last 7 matches. At their patch, this game will not be easy.

oh far from it. very difficult place to go now. but then these are the sort of games that make champions aren't they? holding your nerve and winning when you have to.

Is ths the ultimate of the kettle calling the pot laugh.png Fergie is a master at it.

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7720098/Fergie-points-finger-at-Mancini

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson accused Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini of attempting to influence the match officials in Monday's derby. laugh.png

City prevailed 1-0 thanks to captain Vincent Kompany's first-half header to take them top of the Premier League table, above United on goal difference with only two games each left to play.

The managers had to be kept apart on the touchline by fourth official Mike Jones after a difference of opinion over Nigel de Jong's foul on Danny Welbeck led to angry words and gestures being exchanged, although the pair did shake hands at the final whistle.

Mancini could be the new Ferguson

City could be the new United

Have always thought we are a little short this year and maybe it is time to take the poison.

Ferguson got it wrong last night no matter what anybody says,Citys defence is as vulnerable as ours is and we should of had 2 wingers on from the start,well played to the bitters though,Barry was outstanding in the middle.

Pigs might fly but a royal pasting of Swansea is now a Guarantee....How many? 8?

Mancini could be the new Ferguson

City could be the new United

Have always thought we are a little short this year and maybe it is time to take the poison.

Ferguson got it wrong last night no matter what anybody says,Citys defence is as vulnerable as ours is and we should of had 2 wingers on from the start,well played to the bitters though,Barry was outstanding in the middle.

Pigs might fly but a royal pasting of Swansea is now a Guarantee....How many? 8?

Can't see you being any better next season mate. End of an era really with Scholes and Giggs. Mind you Rooney has looked a bit flat this season despite the goal tally.

Wingers aint what they were and a shaky defence. Still a good side mind.

Is ths the ultimate of the kettle calling the pot laugh.png Fergie is a master at it.

Full story:- http://www1.skysport...nger-at-Mancini

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson accused Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini of attempting to influence the match officials in Monday's derby. laugh.png

City prevailed 1-0 thanks to captain Vincent Kompany's first-half header to take them top of the Premier League table, above United on goal difference with only two games each left to play.

The managers had to be kept apart on the touchline by fourth official Mike Jones after a difference of opinion over Nigel de Jong's foul on Danny Welbeck led to angry words and gestures being exchanged, although the pair did shake hands at the final whistle.

I think its good to see Mancini mixing it with Ferguson on the touchline and i think its also good for the City players to see. Anything would look like weakness and inferiority. It sent a clear message to Ferguson that he was very much up for it.

Full story:- http://www1.skysport...nger-at-Mancini

I think its good to see Mancini mixing it with Ferguson on the touchline and i think its also good for the City players to see. Anything would look like weakness and inferiority. It sent a clear message to Ferguson that he was very much up for it.

It was the best moment of the match for me. The fourth official should have let the pair of them sort it out imho! biggrin.png

It was the best moment of the match for me. The fourth official should have let the pair of them sort it out imho! biggrin.png

Ferguson would win that hands down. All he'd have to do if breath on him and intoxicating fumes of whisky would flatten Mancini.