Manchester City

mrbojangles

Never suggested you did. Now answer the question please! tongue.png

Jack is right. Ballotelli is an excellent penalty taker. A fundamental reason for this is that his arrogant, self adoring all about me take of life is never going to suffer from any type of nerves or shyness.

He'd be my first choice penalty taker every game.

The best penalty taker i've ever seen was the mercurial Le Tiss

Jack is right. Ballotelli is an excellent penalty taker. A fundamental reason for this is that his arrogant, self adoring all about me take of life is never going to suffer from any type of nerves or shyness.

Yes but with Le Tissier it was pure ability. Jelly belly runs on seemingly infinite self indulgence and yes arrogance....certainly not in Le Tissier's class....not yet anyway.

• Like 1

Le Tissier made penalty taking look so easy - no arguments there.

Edited by uptheos

Still, he is one of the best penalty takers around. That was the point I was making

Yes, by default as there are so many bad ones. wink.png

Gotta disagree there Up.Have you seen how cool and collected he is when taking a pen. He knows exactly what he is going to do and heckling from the goaly doesn't affect him one jot. He is arrogant that's for sure.

Know what you mean Mr B.....I guess I come from an era when a penalty was given you jumped for joy, because it was as good as a goal. I can't quite put my finger on the point in time when penalty taking became difficult?

Got to agree there Up's. you pick your spot and go for it. If the goally saves it, it was lucky for him. The one thing you cannot do is totally miss the target alltogether. Not if your a professional at least.

Got to agree there Up's. you pick your spot and go for it. If the goally saves it, it was lucky for him. The one thing you cannot do is totally miss the target alltogether. Not if your a professional at least.

Must admit I very much like the way Leighton Baines takes them.......and v Persie when he picks his spot.

Must admit I very much like the way Leighton Baines takes them.......and v Persie when he picks his spot.

iv'e said it before and i'm not going to say it again, top sq mtr of each corner is impossible for the GK to get it ! someone earning 50 grand a week who practises enough should get that spot everytime ! simialr to a darts player getting the trebles, he only gets them consistantly by practising ! thats my final word on the matter.

Footnote :I should know, i was champion penalty taker of my school, in my second year i even beat all the big boys, 4.gif

• Like 1

Yes but with Le Tissier it was pure ability. Jelly belly runs on seemingly infinite self indulgence and yes arrogance....certainly not in Le Tissier's class....not yet anyway.

it was psychological as well with le tissier. he always said that the second the referee blew for a penalty he just assumed in his mind that saints had scored a goal. so all he had to do was stick the penalty in the net and complete the equation. fab peno taker though.

danny murphy's one of the best in the modern game. not sure if he ever missed one as it goes.

Anyone remember the self proclaimed guv'nor Paul Ince bottling the penalty and leaving it to the defender Southgate! Totally spineless, no gonads and worthy of ridicule.

He should have been told that you get given a nickname, you don't choose it!

• Like 1

Arithmetic was clearly not Alfredo's strong suit! tongue.png

Doesn't need to be, he's one of the calculator generation. biggrin.png

I had to use one of them once when my ink pot ran dry. <shudder>

At least he's moved to the right country!

Mine never ran dry, I was the ink monitor.....oh the power!

Arithmetic was clearly not Alfredo's strong suit! tongue.png

Doesn't need to be, he's one of the calculator generation. biggrin.png

I had to use one of them once when my ink pot ran dry. <shudder>

At least he's moved to the right country!

I grew up in the i-bacus generation

So you're the guy carrying this?

220px-Boulier1.JPG

And I'm the baby on this forum tongue.png

As in baby or youngest? passifier.gif

Put me right Mr B. I saw an interview tonight with Mancini who said he's been talking to 8 clubs. Did I misunderstand as I had a few people chatting at the same time in the background. Is he being strongly linked with Monaco or something and isn't he out of order if he's talking to other clubs? I may have got it completely wrong, so take it easy. wai.gif

Edited by uptheos

Put me right Mr B. I saw an interview tonight with Mancini who said he's been talking to 8 clubs. Did I misunderstand as I had a few people chatting at the same time in the background. Is he being strongly linked with Monaco or something and isn't he out of order if he's talking to other clubs? I may have got it completely wrong, so take it easy. wai.gif

He hasn;t been talking with those clubs recently Ups. It was before he signed his new contract in the summer. Bit of a non story me thinks.