Asia Beach Games - bad logo, terrible tagline

simon43

I'm still waiting for the reports of the beach volley games.. with images. Nobody is expected to be interested about toddlers who like to eat their toes.

kabaddi - kabaddi - kabaddi

I'd love to see some kabaddi, but I think the traffic will be horrendous getting to the venue, and parking probably impossible. I'll let you know.

PS.

kabaddi - kabaddi - kabaddi - kabaddi - kabaddi - kabaddi - kabaddi - kabaddi - kabaddi

biggrin.png

Why so grumpy?

I'm not grumpy :) I hope the weather is good and that the games are a great success. But the overall image could be better if a little thought was put into the marketing materials. I wonder how many of these marketing/promo companies employ a NES to proof-read before commuting to an expensive print run.

The use of the turtles is akin to the aged beach photos above the main road in Phuket. It is misrepresentation. The beaches no longer look like those (20 year old?) photos. Likewise, the only turtles you'll see in Phuket will be captive-raised ones.

Why so grumpy?

I'm not grumpy smile.png I hope the weather is good and that the games are a great success. But the overall image could be better if a little thought was put into the marketing materials. I wonder how many of these marketing/promo companies employ a NES to proof-read before commuting to an expensive print run.

The use of the turtles is akin to the aged beach photos above the main road in Phuket. It is misrepresentation. The beaches no longer look like those (20 year old?) photos. Likewise, the only turtles you'll see in Phuket will be captive-raised ones.

I did see a turtle 200 metres offshore in front of Rawai Beach, so they still are around, even in that busy stretch of beach/reef with speedboats and longtails coming and going endlessly.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Schools will be closed on Thursday(13th) and Friday(14th) d/t the games, the Phuket government says its to ease traffic congestion!

School has been out Monday and Tuesday due to a Foot and mouth disease outbreak. Then the governor chose to close the schools to clean up the outbreak and make up the crowds at the games and alleviate traffic that schools cause.

Sent from my LG-D858

Yep. One school day this week for my kid, due to the forced closure of schools for face of Phuket and the dreaded HFM disease.

Our little bloke was at school Monday to Wednesday this week.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Schools will be closed on Thursday(13th) and Friday(14th) d/t the games, the Phuket government says its to ease traffic congestion!

School has been out Monday and Tuesday due to a Foot and mouth disease outbreak. Then the governor chose to close the schools to clean up the outbreak and make up the crowds at the games and alleviate traffic that schools cause.

Sent from my LG-D858

Yep. One school day this week for my kid, due to the forced closure of schools for face of Phuket and the dreaded HFM disease.

BIS didn't close

Sent from my LG-D858

BIS didn't close

Private schools like BIS only closed on Friday. The Public schools were closed for more days last week.