UK MPs visited Thai Foreign Minister

Lite Beer

I wonder if a Thai MP visited the UK foreign minister would it make the headlines. This is no news.

I suppose it would be in the newspapers---normal you know. What's your point. it is news here. don't you like friendly customers ?? oh I forgot NO because of the Thai PM who you don't like and it looks favourable.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is decent news, only MPs but still a delegation.

According to the anti PM posters He and Thailand are BARRED, but he/and TFM still keeps meeting up, and doing normal business.

Now some news worldwide are not favourable, and some are and here is a non rebuff.

You seriously believe everything you read in the Thai press?

Sounds more to me that they came calling because they had concerns that the Thais had no real answers to.

You are clinging to the Thai side of the story. There won't even be a British side to it, they don't gob off to the press whatever they were talking about behind closed doors.

Different breed of politicians. They only disclose what affects the British people directly and nothing else.

Strange and not with it post. It is news, read it in the UK read it here, delegations do NOT come here to denounce the Thai PM.

There are no sides to the story--stop dramatizing. Simple trade, concerns, re assurances. GET IT.

• Like 1

This is just another one of those "foreign government understands" propaganda pieces. They are churned out on a daily basis, and are all nonsense that should be ignored.

Spot on. But why do the Brits allow themselves to be used by Prayuths Ministry of Propaganda??

Bad enough, that ginjag hasn't got a clue!!

Not Britain`s finest hour maybe. At least ALL EU missions to BKK yesterday condemned Thailand`s misuse of Defamation Laws to silence the press and intimidate witnesses.

Brit MPs who find themselves at ASEAN events are I suppose likely to try to influence Thai Regime re Business Act, Koh Tao, Martiasl Law if they get the op. Does NOT mean they endorse the Regime`s policies

.http://twitter.com/pakhead

The Brits should be ashamed of themselves!!

A nice cup of tea with a non-elected government and with the screwed-up Koh Tao case still ongoing.

Is the present British government really that weak??

Hannah and David forgotten, and business as usual!!bah.gif

We have a Tory government dont worry. Boystown probably did well

• Like 1

MJP post # 53

Perhaps there's a plan to twin Southend with Pattaya?

Personally I would be more inclined to favour a ''twinning twixt Pattaya and Frinton , much more entertaining I think.cheesy.gif .

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

According to the anti PM posters He and Thailand are BARRED, but he/and TFM still keeps meeting up, and doing normal business.

Now some news worldwide are not favourable, and some are and here is a non rebuff.

Some posters have indicated that Prayuth and co are barred from Oz this is not so, he can go to OZ anytime he wants,(If Putin can go anyone can) indeed department heads from Thailand are in and out frequently..

In May Australian placed 'travel restrictions' on the senior coup leaders. In addition put on hold counter terrorism exercises & IED training for Thai security forces, a decision which seems, to me, bizarre.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/australia-pressures-thai-generals-over-coup-1401519111

Regarding a post above, Myanmar was invited to the G20 meeting in BNE as they are the 2014 Chair for ASEAN. It is not Australia's decision as to who was or were not invited to attend G20 in BNE.

All top junta members, including the PM, and their families have been PNG in Oz since May. I`d like to see him and/o r his Mrs try to hop on a Quantas for Brisbane and the G20!

This is just another one of those "foreign government understands" propaganda pieces. They are churned out on a daily basis, and are all nonsense that should be ignored.

Spot on. But why do the Brits allow themselves to be used by Prayuths Ministry of Propaganda??

Bad enough, that ginjag hasn't got a clue!!

Hilarious. Don't you see how you just change your arguments each time facts prove your earlier ones don't stand up ?. I thought Thailand had been shunned by the world ?.

It's bad enough Bangkok Post trying to make out the 'harsh criticism' without a single quote to back it up.

Simple fact is everybody with an IQ over 50 can see what Pheu-Thai are. The others prove that rule by posting stuff like this.

• Like 1

The courtesy visit to the Thai ministry of foreign affairs has nothing to do with anything except these clowns justifying the expenses paid trip to Thailand. Amess is the same w*nker that got questioned about his trips to the Maldives a few years back. He's nothing but a blagger on a free trip.

Not gobbling up the propaganda rubbish being fed by Thailand. They love to speak for others and are constantly being caught out. Don't believe a single bit of rubbish they spill out. Compulsive liars. The media has to print what is ordered or they are shut down and sent for attitude adjustments and reprogramming.

Truth you hate anything positive about the PM, but get straight on the hate bandwagon if you can blow out of all proportion anything in the news that favours your rhetoric.

The courtesy visit to the Thai ministry of foreign affairs has nothing to do with anything except these clowns justifying the expenses paid trip to Thailand. Amess is the same w*nker that got questioned about his trips to the Maldives a few years back. He's nothing but a blagger on a free trip.

OK you asked for it---sorry folks but he shot himself in the foot. WHAT ABOUT YINGLUCKS 50 trips then ???

OK you asked for it---sorry folks but he shot himself in the foot. WHAT ABOUT YINGLUCKS 50 trips then ???

Khun Yingluck as the democratically elected Prime Minister was received cordially on her overseas visits.In the UK she had a private audience with Queen Elizabeth and a private meeting at No 10 with David Cameron.President Obama also received her enthusiastically.The reception elsewhere was the same.Nobody, least of all herself, claimed she was a foreign policy expert but she enhanced the image of Thailand enormously after the disastrous regime of Abhisit and his awful terrorist sympathising Foreign Minister Kasit.A fairly elected PM has legitimacy not only of course in Thailand but worldwide as well.No need to comment on how a leader without legitimacy is viewed abroad.

At very least she was not reduced to picking her nose in the back row of regional and international leaders, after being snubbed by most of them.

Edited by jayboy
  • Like 1

Khun Yingluck as the democratically elected Prime Minister was received cordially on her overseas visits.In the UK she had a private audience with Queen Elizabeth and a private meeting at No 10 with David Cameron.President Obama also received her enthusiastically.The reception elsewhere was the same.Nobody, least of all herself, claimed she was a foreign policy expert but she enhanced the image of Thailand enormously after the disastrous regime of Abhisit and his awful terrorist sympathising Foreign Minister Kasit.A fairly elected PM has legitimacy not only of course in Thailand but worldwide as well.No need to comment on how a leader without legitimacy is viewed abroad.

At very least she was not reduced to picking her nose in the back row of regional and international leaders, after being snubbed by most of them.

She wasn't much of a P.M but she was also welcomed warmly in Australia. The current dear leader isn't even recognised as a diplomat same goes for his army friends.

Not gobbling up the propaganda rubbish being fed by Thailand. They love to speak for others and are constantly being caught out. Don't believe a single bit of rubbish they spill out. Compulsive liars. The media has to print what is ordered or they are shut down and sent for attitude adjustments and reprogramming.

Truth you hate anything positive about the PM, but get straight on the hate bandwagon if you can blow out of all proportion anything in the news that favours your rhetoric.

I don't hate anything positive about the PM and junta, just waiting for an actual positive action to occur. I have heard lost of positive words, but none have translated into long lasting positive actions. The actions that I have seen so far, including the makeup and direction of the NLA and NRC, appear to be sending Thailand backwards, and just setting the scene for further conflict down the road.

I don't hate anything positive about the PM and junta, just waiting for an actual positive action to occur. I have heard lost of positive words, but none have translated into long lasting positive actions. The actions that I have seen so far, including the makeup and direction of the NLA and NRC, appear to be sending Thailand backwards, and just setting the scene for further conflict down the road.

You cannot go further back than PTP took us, give it a break---You have not wanted to see anything positive, the same as your other PM haters--we have heard and seen this every day same old BS. The PM halted the conflict that PTP created.----your agenda is more important than Thailands well being.

She wasn't much of a P.M but she was also welcomed warmly in Australia. The current dear leader isn't even recognised as a diplomat same goes for his army friends.

Yingluck had 50 trips of warmth giving she was bound to be welcomed in many, but doing this she neglected her duties at home-hence the problems she is facing.

So better the PM now stay more in Thailand and concentrate on internal problems left by HER.

The United Kingdom Members of Parliament, Roger Godsiff, Graham Brady, and David Amess, have paid a courtesy call to the Deputy Prime Minister and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
Looks like a very cordial and friendly visit between the two allies.

S__2793748-300x199.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Edited by Pierrefun
  • Like 1

The United Kingdom Members of Parliament, Roger Godsiff, Graham Brady, and David Amess, have paid a courtesy call to the Deputy Prime Minister and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand

Looks like a very cordial and friendly visit between the two allies.

S__2793748-300x199.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Read into it what you like.It is a visit by members of the House of Commons committee responsible for Thailand.I suggest you await their report before drawing conclusions.I am sure the meeting was polite but I suspect some hard truths were conveyed.

Seems the British don't follow the Australians.

The British and Australians have precisely the same view of the military Junta and its puppet government.Restore democracy and hold early elections.

The British and Australians have precisely the same view of the military Junta and its puppet government.Restore democracy and hold early elections.

That's not what chooka was contending.

My reply highlighted the difference.

Ergo, not precisely the same view.

You cannot go further back than PTP took us, give it a break---You have not wanted to see anything positive, the same as your other PM haters--we have heard and seen this every day same old BS. The PM halted the conflict that PTP created.----your agenda is more important than Thailands well being.

I want to see positive, but still waiting for it to happen.

The coup was the result of orchestrated events - the playbook calls for extended protests, that will inevitably lead to violence (on both sides) until the population is sufficiently softened to accept a coup. The first two months after the coup there appears to be a crackdown on corruption. This keeps the people occupied while the junta consolidates its position, and through nepotism and cronysism, fills up all the senior government positions and state boards with military staff with dubious credentials. This is a tried and true playbook that has been around long before PTP was in existence.

The protests, coup, martial law and poor decisions regarding foreign investment have killed the GDP growth for this year and probably next, and almost brought Thailand into recession.

The one-sided NLA and NRC promises "reforms" that will not sit well with a good portion of the population, and will inevitably lead to conflict down the road. In the medium term, a bastardized version of democracy will be imposed on Thailand that wil not sit well with the rest of the world. and most likely worsen the already weak economy.

Partially cleaning up a couple of beaches does not compensate for the damage that has been done because "Playing politics with the economy is an expensive business" (http://www.economist.com/blogs/banyan/2014/10/thailands-economy).

• Like 2

The article lists the MPs names but not their political parties (government, opposition or a mixture), their constituencies or what their agendas were in coming to Thailand. Therefore useless.

Seems in fact that 2 are from the ruling Conservative Party and one is from the opposition Labour Party, all from Birmingham and Manchester. Nothing from the UK press about their visit which is obviously an insignificant one to do with trade.

Edited by Dogmatix

It's as near the same as makes no difference.In view of the criminality involved in overthrowing an elected government the Australians have banned entry to the felons involved.I don't think the British have done this but Prayuth and his accomplices in crime have as much chance of visiting the UK as I have of being decapitated by an errant frisbee.

It's as near the same as makes no difference.In view of the criminality involved in overthrowing an elected government the Australians have banned entry to the felons involved.I don't think the British have done this but Prayuth and his accomplices in crime have as much chance of visiting the UK as I have of being decapitated by an errant frisbee.

Crime? The British government banned a convicted fugitive,criminal ex Thai PM from entering the country. Yes! A real "felon" Edited by kingalfred