Two face manslaughter charge for death of Dane's Thai wife in Uthai Thani

webfact

Two face manslaughter charge for death of Dane's Thai wife

policstation-300x155.gif

UTHAI THANI: -- Police investigation into the November 1 fatal assault of the Thai wife of a Danish expat in the central province of Uthai Thani has apparently been fast-tracked after the Danish Embassy in Thailand stepped in to help a distraught Palle Jensen formally press charge against their alleged attackers.

A police investigator at Khao Bang Kraek police station in Nong Chang district of Uthai Thani familiar with the case, told ScandAsia in a telephone interview that two alleged assailants had already been charged with manslaughter for serious head injuries sustained by Palle Jensen’s wife, Pim, that led to her death at a local hospital on November 3.

“Based on the statement [given by Palle Jensen], two men have been charged with manslaughter,” said the police who asked not to be named. “We will also be summoning four or five eyewitnesses for questioning as well.”

It was not clear whether the two suspects had already been arrested by police.

The police officer said depending on eyewitness accounts and evidence, investigators may level additional charges against either or both of the two men, one of whom hit the wife in the head with a stick while the other was moving toward the husband-and-wife couple in a threatening manner.

53-year-old Palle Jensen and his Thai wife Pim were on Saturday 1. November 2014 attacked by members of her in-law family while staying in the house of other family members.

According to the Dane, the older brother of the wife’s brother-in-law turned up in an agitated state with his father carrying a large bamboo stick. Palle said he was told by his wife that the older brother-in-law had previously assaulted her sexually while Palle was in Denmark.

It was the father of her in-laws that hit Pim with a stick in the head. Police said they were trying to look into other motives, if any, for the fatal attack.

Source: http://scandasia.com/father-son-face-manslaughter-charge-for-death-of-danes-thai-wife/

-- ScandAsia 2014-11-17

• Like 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Must have quite some assault with a stick to cause her death. Sounds like a very rough family. Feel sorry for the innocents.

Briggsy,

You actually bring up a very good point.

I have not read about an autopsy for cause of death but the initial news report provided a timeline that did leave open the possibility her death was the result of medical treatment.

Not saying it was, but the possibility exists and cause of death would need to be determined since it was not immediate upon being struck. It was atleast 48 hours later based on the news report (ofcourse, we know what those are worth). It also stated her first hospital visit included an x-ray and she was sent home. It was only later that her husband then took her to a second hospital where she remained for 24 hours and her throat started swelling.

The initial report only indicated she had been struck once in the head--it did not indicate she was struck in the throat where the swelling took place.

I remain totally disappointed with the news reporting and the police in Thailand.

Why won't the news try to at least get a few facts in their stories?

Why won't the police just resort to policing?

Yeah I feel like doing the typical Thai bashing but it is mostly deserved.

This Thainess is really screwed up mate.

Regards.

Thailand, hub of murder. I wonder why the policeman didn't want to be named? Scared about repercussions?

Not even close to a hub, maybe a spoke

attachicon.gifAI-CH908_LATAM_G_20140412014204.jpg

I thought he was taking the piss about the over used "hub" word rather than using it literally?

Anyway thanks for posting this - interesting to see RSA up there.

Must have quite some assault with a stick to cause her death. Sounds like a very rough family. Feel sorry for the innocents.

Briggsy,

I have not read about an autopsy for cause of death but the initial news report provided a timeline that did leave open the possibility her death was the result of medical treatment.

Not saying it was, but the possibility exists and cause of death would need to be determined since it was not immediate upon being struck. It was atleast 48 hours later based on the news report (ofcourse, we know what those are worth). It also stated her first hospital visit included an x-ray and she was sent home. It was only later that her husband then took her to a second hospital where she remained for 24 hours and her throat started swelling.

The initial report only indicated she had been struck once in the head--it did not indicate she was struck in the throat where the swelling took place.

The type of medication she was likely to have been given, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, are a common cause of angioedema, which causes deep swelling and can restrict breathing to the point of suffocation.

Thailand, hub of murder. I wonder why the policeman didn't want to be named? Scared about repercussions?

You must really miss that garden of eden you left behind? UK, bastion of peace, tolerance and gentility. The UK, for years an assault free zone brimming with bonhomie and good Samaritans like yourself.

You've moved to a developing country for a reason. You expect it to be 'wart' free?

Again, to your sort I suggest go back if it's so good, otherwise button it.

Fink you totally missed the meaning in that post............coffee1.gif

I have zips in my stuff................rolleyes.gif

Briggsy,

The type of medication she was likely to have been given, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, are a common cause of angioedema, which causes deep swelling and can restrict breathing to the point of suffocation.

I have already given out all my positive votes for the day or I would certainly give your helpful post one.

Thanks very much for the information. The original article also stated her mouth was full of hospital tubes (assuming here that atleast some of those would have gone down her windpipe).

An autopsy report would be enlightening.

Edited by ClutchClark

You must really miss that garden of eden you left behind? UK, bastion of peace, tolerance and gentility. The UK, for years an assault free zone brimming with bonhomie and good Samaritans like yourself.

You've moved to a developing country for a reason. You expect it to be 'wart' free?

Again, to your sort I suggest go back if it's so good, otherwise button it.

It's annoying when people give the impression that their own country is some sort of crime free utopia. What in Alwyn's OP led you to think that was written? I didn't see his comment as implying that and their have been several well reported recent murders and serious assaults here.

Anyone who lives here has the right to comment, although "your sort" who constantly chirp on about "leaving if you don't like it" ought to try making more constructive comments and certainly stop telling others what they can and can't do. But, if thinking you've some authority gives you a hard, what the hell.

My thoughts exactly, as I did point out to him.

Yes, but I am sure on the Asian chart Thailand will be in the top list with the Philippines.

Asia has the lowest rate of murder of all the continents.

#1 Myanmar

#2 Turkmenistan

#3 Mongolia

#4 Kyrgyztan

#5 Philippines

#6 Iraq

#7 Kazakhstan

#8 Pakistan

#9 Palestine

#10 Cambodia

#11 Afghanistan

#12 Laos

#13 North Korea

#14 Thailand

Just within the ASEAN group Thailand comes 5th out of 10, Thailand does not top any lists for murder.

Murder does not have a hub as there is no murder network.

Sure their is, the Russian mafia has an extensive network of murder, mafias in other countries too.

Yes, but I am sure on the Asian chart Thailand will be in the top list with the Philippines.

Asia has the lowest rate of murder of all the continents.

#1 Myanmar

#2 Turkmenistan

#3 Mongolia

#4 Kyrgyztan

#5 Philippines

#6 Iraq

#7 Kazakhstan

#8 Pakistan

#9 Palestine

#10 Cambodia

#11 Afghanistan

#12 Laos

#13 North Korea

#14 Thailand

Just within the ASEAN group Thailand comes 5th out of 10, Thailand does not top any lists for murder.

I'm guessing that's a typo and you meant Thailand has the lowest in Asia? One thing seems clear is that a lot of murders go unreported as would have been the case with Danish chap's wife. If not for him nobody would have been any the wiser

• Like 1

Sure their is, the Russian mafia has an extensive network of murder, mafias in other countries too.

You think Thailand is a hub in the coordination of international murders. Is that right?

Seems to me that some Thais have declared open season on foreigners, and many of them, even after being found out, are largely getting away with it.

Many recent cases like the German killed in Samui a few months ago, the last few Koh Tao murders, and the list could go on and on if you look back over the past decade.

Between poor investigative techniques, influential figures and just plain incompetence, the chances of getting away with murder in Thailand have much more favourable odds than in most countries. Even when caught and convicted, many of the sentences are very low, for such a serious crime.

Then you see a few boys sentenced to more than 400 years for running an ATM scam. It just seems that the deterrent not to commit murder has been significantly eroded, and is not treated as a serious offence. A lot of murders are just misunderstandings I suppose.

• Like 2

You think Thailand is a hub in the coordination of international murders. Is that right?

Nope, not at all. I'd like you to highlight the part where I said that please...You said murder does not have a hub as there is no murder network. I'm simply pointing out there are murder networks. Russia, Columbia, Brasil, America all have hitmen paid to the job. Thailand also has hitmen paid to do the job so there might be a network locally in Thailand, right? Or maybe not, right?

Oh, so you meant to say that there are murder hubs operating within Thailand? I am sure that is true but, that doesn't make Thailand a hub and also it is not relevant to this case as this was not an assassination by hit-men, it was a family dispute and sounds more like manslaughter to me anyway, who goes out to murder with a piece of bamboo?

Oh, so you meant to say that there are murder hubs operating within Thailand? I am sure that is true but, that doesn't make Thailand a hub and also it is not relevant to this case as this was not an assassination by hit-men, it was a family dispute and sounds more like manslaughter to me anyway, who goes out to murder with a piece of bamboo?

Actually I was being facetious in the beginning as the government seem to think Thailand is just about the hub of everything, or will be! But your right, hitmen probably don't go out with a piece of bamboo to kill their target but it does seem villagers do as in the case in question here. I'm happy to hear your legal opinion though and if you think it's manslaughter then I guess I'll bow down to your legal expertise. Having said that , the fact that they went armed would make it pre-meditated, right? Anyway, I'm bored with your simplistic assumptions of what you think I'm saying now. So adios.

Edited by Alwyn