PM Prayut prepares Isaan visit

webfact

PM Prepares for tomorrow’s NE Region visit

BANGKOK, 18 Nov 2014, (NNT) -The Interior Minister General Anupong Phaojinda has urged all sides to refrain from staging protests against Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha during his visit to Khon Kaen and Kalasin tomorrow, saying that such moves would affect the nation’s image.

According to General Anupong Phaojinda, the Interior Minister, such a protest will affect the nation's image. Meanwhile, the PM said his visit to the two provinces was to inspect the government's drought handling measures, and that similar visits would be made to other regions. He also said he would take the opportunity to create understanding among the locals while informing them of the government’s past works and future projects.

General Anupong has expressed his optimism that the majority of the residents understand how the current administration works. He is convinced that the Prime Minister’s visits would not face any opposition.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-18 footer_n.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Khon Kaen Redshirt Leader Welcomes Prayuth To Northeast
By Khaosod English

14162233421416223410l.jpg
Redshirts rally in support of former PM Yingluck Shinawatra's government in Khon Kaen, 2 March 2014.

KHON KAEN — A core Redshirt activist in Khon Kaen province said his supporters will not stage any protests against the upcoming visit by Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha.

"We agree with his trip," said Napadol Seedatan, a coordinator of the Redshirts' umbrella group, the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD). "We will not stage any resistance or protest."

Gen. Prayuth, who chairs Thailand’s military junta and is also Prime Minister, is set to tour Khon Kaen on 19 November to collect opinions from the public and listen to their concerns, officials said.

The visit will be Gen. Prayuth’s first trip to northeastern Thailand, the heartland of the political faction that supported the government toppled in the 22 May coup.

But Napadol said authorities do not need worry because Redshirts "want to see a national reconciliation."

"We want the country to be peaceful for the next election," Napadol told Khaosod. "We are waiting for the new constitution. If there is an election, we will run in the election in accordance with the democratic regime. Please rest assured that there won't be any protest against the Prime Minister."

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1416223342&section=11

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-11-18

There is NO NEED to come out with any comment about any opposition during the visit. PM. Just come and carry out what you have to do relating to drought matters, nothing more.

There needs to be better spokespersons for the PM. worry for what ?? you create more problems with these requests. If anyone wants to hold a banner up let them, they will be always these people no matter.

Hot heads and violent disruptors from the old regime ok then act.

WHY ON EARTH show a picture of the reds ????? WHY any picture of yellows pinks blues would have been appropriate.

This sort of dung stirring photos should not be plastered on topics. This is old Shin stuff that has not this sort of rabid following as before, the money dried up so did the following---well a big % anyway.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1

There is NO NEED to come out with any comment about any opposition during the visit. PM. Just come and carry out what you have to do relating to drought matters, nothing more.

There needs to be better spokespersons for the PM. worry for what ?? you create more problems with these requests. If anyone wants to hold a banner up let them, they will be always these people no matter.

WHY ON EARTH show a picture of the reds ????? WHY any picture of yellows pinks blues would have been appropriate.

This sort of dung stirring photos should not be plastered on topics. This is old Shin stuff that has not this sort of rabid following as before, the money dried up so did the following---well a big % anyway.

Ginjag, we know you support the minority of all people in Thailand and the world, but please show some common sense in your comments, or maybe you are a Thai high ranked officer who is just posting with a fake account.

• Like 2

One has to be pretty deluded to gauge the popularity of a spent political movement on a photograph of a few thousand people as in above.

When one has no tangible evidence to support their argument and ALL evidence is showing otherwise photos and "All the people I know support red" is the only arguments they have left.

Of course one could use that argument to suggest the PDRC are not a spent force and in fact the most popular movement going by the photo below and in fact if we use this desperate narrative to argue a majority then the PDRC actually had numbers at a protest site that the ed shirts could only dream of.

Of course I don't look at photo's or argue "all the people I know" to judge a majority. I look at facts and evidence.

If I had the red mindset Australia's majority would be sheep!

Lets hope Prayut has a PEACEFUL and constructive visit to Isaan. I for one look forward to seeing him in Khon Kaen and I take great solace in the fact that me and my family will be safe from any violence unlike when Ahbisit came to visit Khon Kaen and the reds threatened my family.

post-140765-0-60034100-1416280260_thumb.

post-140765-0-47581900-1416280570_thumb.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

Anyone coming from a free democratic nation like Australia and has enjoyed freedom of speech and opinions all their lives should be ashamed of themselves for supporting the junta and thinly disguising the majority of thai people who voted for the PTP as. Sheep.

That's why the yellow elite will never win with their superior attitude in referring to north as buffalo brains.

• Like 1

"Of course I don't look at photo's or argue "all the people I know" to judge a majority. I look at facts and evidence."

Oh really? And what facts and evidence would this be ?

Please stop referring to rigged propaganda polls and you might get taken more seriously!!

So seeing as your going to see the PM you'll be posting pictures as proof your actually in Thailand as opposed to Australia then? ?

I look forwards to seeing your pictures of all the happy happy people then :D

One has to be pretty deluded to gauge the popularity of a spent political movement on a photograph of a few thousand people as in above.

When one has no tangible evidence to support their argument and ALL evidence is showing otherwise photos and "All the people I know support red" is the only arguments they have left.

Of course one could use that argument to suggest the PDRC are not a spent force and in fact the most popular movement going by the photo below and in fact if we use this desperate narrative to argue a majority then the PDRC actually had numbers at a protest site that the ed shirts could only dream of.

Of course I don't look at photo's or argue "all the people I know" to judge a majority. I look at facts and evidence.

Lets hope Prayut has a PEACEFUL and constructive visit to Isaan. I for one look forward to seeing him in Khon Kaen and I take great solace in the fact that me and my family will be safe from any violence unlike when Ahbisit came to visit Khon Kaen and the reds threatened my family.

When it comes to protests, no matter the color, a large majority are there for reasons other than knowledge and true conviction.

Your photo of the sheep sums it up nicely.

Edited by 55Jay

Jamie, serious question when the reds threatened your family where were you?

Why didn't you take them away to a safe® location where they wouldn't be threatened?

Of course we only have your word on this if it's true or not.

Someone threatens my family Id remove them

From that threat and then deal with that threat personally!!

• Like 1

"This sort of dung stirring photos should not be plastered on topics." Your words mate.

So do you support the gagging of media as the powers that be are currently pushing at and stating it will stay that way until they see fit, and extend them to TV also? Or just the gagging of individuals opinions you don't agree with as is the situation currently on another topic?

I welcome the visit, he's here to do something constructive great that's his job as PM.

Jamie, serious question when the reds threatened your family where were you?

Why didn't you take them away to a safe® location where they wouldn't be threatened?

Of course we only have your word on this if it's true or not.

Someone threatens my family Id remove them

From that threat and then deal with that threat personally!!

I'll wait with great interest to hear the circumstances but at first blush: Abhissit. Political Tinder Box. Event in red territory....... Probably not the ideal family fun night out. Even the village idiot knows there could be trouble. Risk vs. reward assessment time.

The only way we will surely know is to have an election....forgot that will expose this sham.Please explain how the red shirts threatened your family?

In other words "Don't protest, because it makes us look bad".

Well, PM did tell all the homeboys at the meeting last week, that he had a handle on things here. A big protest would be really embarrassing.

No red shirts but there will be a few coup supporters on the streets waving yellow flags. Good PR op that they will screw up