Police target Bangkok 'sister' after major Phuket drugs busts

webfact

Police target Bangkok ‘sister’ after major Phuket drugs busts
Saran Mitrarat

1416307518_1-org.jpg
Gen Patchara (centre) introduces the four-man network led by Somkid “Bao” Prateeptong (white shirt).

PHUKET: -- The island’s police chief has assigned his deputy, Col Arayapan Pukbuakao, to head up an investigation of a major drug network with links to a woman in Bangkok.

The order came after four men were arrested in Phuket last night (November 17) in possession of 19,000 methamphetamine pills (ya bah) and just under 125 grams of crystal meth (ya ice).

“There are many drug networks with links to other provinces that are infiltrating Phuket, and which we are now getting rid of step by step – more and more will be arrested soon,” said Provincial Police Commander Maj Gen Patchara Boonyasit.

The four men arrested – all from Phuket – were identified by police as network leader Somkid “Bao” Prateeptong, 38; Songwut “Ake” Tang-u-tai, 37;; Sarawut “Bird” Tanrakan, 28; and Imrum “Lee” Jaewo, 37.

Police also seized two illegal guns and 113 rounds of ammunition from them.

The rolling arrests began with a report from an undercover officer that led by Col Arayapan and Lt Col Jarun Bangprasert and their provincial investigation team to a house in Soi Sahakorn Khet, Rassada, where they arrested Imrum at about 3:30pm yesterday after finding six grams of ya ice.

“Police found the drugs in his pocket. He told us he had bought the drugs from Sarawut, who lives in the Wichit area,” said Gen Patchara.

Police descended on Sarawut’s home in Moo 1, Wichit, at 6pm. There, the seized 50 grams of ya ice, 1,000 ya bah pills and an unlicensed .38 pistol with 50 bullets. They also impounded a Toyota car.

“Bird in turn confessed that he had bought the drugs from Songwut, who lives in a rented room behind Andaman place mansion on Mae Luan Rd,” he added.

The arrests rolled on and the drug hauls got bigger. Songwut was found to be in possession of 50 grams of ya ice and 3,800 ya bah pills.

“He told the officers that all the drugs had been bought from Somkid, who lives in rented accommodation in a soi near Wat Sapam,” the general said.

That leading to the big fish in the network, Somkid.

Police raided his place at 11:30pm and came away with a haul of eight packs of ya bah – 2,000 pills per pack – for a total of 16,000 pills, and a limited-edition Colt pistol with 50 bullets. They also took away his shiny red-plate Honda Jazz.

Records showed that Somkid was released from jail three years ago after doing time for possession of Category 1 narcotics with intent to sell.

He told officers that while in jail he was introduced to a narcotics ring headed by a woman in Bangkok known as Jae (Sister) Na.

“Each time Somkid ordered drugs from Jae Na by phone and after selling them transferred money to her through three bank accounts at Siam Commercial Bank in the names of Ms Warisara Srithammasak, Mr Anupol Witoon and Ms Jantratip Inthasut,” Gen Patchara explained.

Jae Na would send a courier to Phuket who would hand over the drugs to Somkid at the Phuket Bus Terminal 2 and then promptly get on the next bus back to the capital.

The busts not only leave the four in deep trouble with the police, but have left Somkid deep in debt to Jae Na. At today’s press conference he said that the original order for the latest delivery was for 22,000 pills.

“I have sold drugs for more than five months. The latest delivery from Bangkok was on November 9 when I ordered 11 packs [each containing 2,000 meth pills] which Jae Na let me have on credit.”

He explained that Jae Na expected to be paid B200,000 per pack, which he then sold on for B230,000. He had already sold two of the latest consignment of 11 packs when he was arrested.

He had also ordered a kilo of ya ice, but this had been sold already, he said.

“At the moment my debt to Jae Na totals B2 million.

“I bought the Honda Jazz with the profits I made in just one month,” he added.

All four were charged with possession of a Category 1 narcotic with intent to sell. Sarawut and Somkid were also charged with illegal possession of firearms.

Col Arayapan now has orders to cooperate with police in Bangkok to track down and arrest Jae Na.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-target-bangkok-%E2%80%98sister%E2%80%99-after-major-phuket-drugs-busts-49722.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-11-18

I have stated multiple times on TVF that the drug problem in Thailand is well out of control

These people are either stupid or afraid to go further through the supply chain because it might eventually lead to some well known high ranking very rich officials

In saying that the Phuket police commander deserves some credit for his recent efforts not just on drugs

The recent haul of a large quantity of drugs in the back of a truck driven by a soldier should have led to some big fish but it seems nobody wants to go there - who was he delivering them too, the police should have let him proceed to his destination in a sting operation but it seems there is a serious reluctance to follow through

• Like 1

What is this with Thai police?

They advertise that they are looking for Jae Na, so she can take cover.

Why don't they keep their mouth shut, arrest her and then they can boast as much as they want.

Have to admit, they are doing a good job up to now, but this is small fish the large fish are still out at large.

It's not unusual for police around the world to name persons they are seeking. I've seen them publish not just names but also photos.

I have stated multiple times on TVF that the drug problem in Thailand is well out of control

These people are either stupid or afraid to go further through the supply chain because it might eventually lead to some well known high ranking very rich officials

In saying that the Phuket police commander deserves some credit for his recent efforts not just on drugs

The recent haul of a large quantity of drugs in the back of a truck driven by a soldier should have led to some big fish but it seems nobody wants to go there - who was he delivering them too, the police should have let him proceed to his destination in a sting operation but it seems there is a serious reluctance to follow through

Yes because that soldier is an employee of the General of the Army, but I do not think that we will see any finger pointing there.

And to the boys who talk, did talking get you anywhere? Did it reduce your charges, nope, still guilty, still going to jail, at least your friends are going with you. I am honestly surprised they can do an interview and obtain warrants so quickly, never knew the courts had it in them.

I am impressed.