Who didn't come here for the women?

SoiBiker

Are you gay?

I'm not sure my wife would like that, either.

I get the same question/accusation all the time here. I lived in Japan for about 15 years, and western men there would make the same accusations to me because I wasn't really interested in Japanese women. If you're into the Asian thing, then go for it. But it's weird to believe that there is just something so appealing about Japanese women and Thai women that only a homosexual wouldn't be interested.

All that said, I've dated Thai women, it's not like I'm against it. But as a heterosexual guy, Thai women don't have any special appeal for me.

It's odd, isn't it? It does seem that some just struggle with the concept that people can hold different opinions and preferences to them. Plus this is then exacerbated by a certain group mentality when they get together on a forum like this. As well as accusing people of being gay, they also like to make out that anyone with a different opinion must be lying and a secret user of Thai prostitutes. Weird.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a reasonable question, surely?

Most days this place seems like the farang husbands support group. I'm just curious as to whether that's really the case, or if the membership is more diverse than that.

A reasonable question for another forum maybe, so we have established your into Thai men rather than Thai ladies
More likely blow up dolls and various sphincters in the grindhouse.

It seems to be forgotten that some of us TV members are women and we didn't come here for anything sexual. Have some respect guys when you post on here as I'm sure you wouldn't have this conversation with a woman in earshot.

But the question is about coming here for Thai women. Maybe we should have a men's forum here.

But the question is about coming here for Thai women. Maybe we should have a men's forum here.

What I was interested in was members who differ from the norm here. It's interesting to hear from a female poster, as sometimes this whole place seems like a 'men's forum'.

Week SB, it's a good job that people have diversity in what they like, otherwise everyone would be chasing after the same ones. If you want a female perspective post in the Ladies forum

And if this discussion is not to your taste, you're free to not read it or take part.

Week SB, it's a good job that people have diversity in what they like, otherwise everyone would be chasing after the same ones. If you want a female perspective post in the Ladies forum

And if this discussion is not to your taste, you're free to not read it or take part.

Were did I say it was not to my taste?

Getting a bit tetchy this morning aren't you?

I was suggesting as per you comment about this being make dominated, well there is the ladies forum as well

The first time I came on business in 1990 and lived here. Subsequent frequent visits, 4 times a year, from the MEENA region where I work have mainly been for the women and the night life. If it were not for Thai ladies I would not bother to come here. I only return to the UK for two weeks a year.

Most days this place seems like the farang husbands support group. I'm just curious as to whether that's really the case, or if the membership is more diverse than that.

Maybe you should have posted this in the "gay" section.

I'm fairly sure some of them didn't come here for Thai women.

<deleted>

I think you may have misread it Bubba.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Not me, I was ordered to Thailand from a cool assignment at Ft Hamilton, Brooklyn NY in 1968 where there were plenty of babes. However, I ended meeting my best friend there and we have been married for the last 44 years living in the US.

Came here for 6 months of hot weather, cheap tropical fruit, change of pace, easy living, fitness and health, lose weight, regain vitality ect

Didnt take long to go into full blown yellow fever mode though

Is that same as the old Dick,fever giggle.gif

SoiBiker, I'll not cast aspersions, but I too did not come to Thailand for the women. I was living in the Philippines before I came here, and there are more available women there than here. In fact, Filipinas may be even hungrier than Thai women for a farang meal ticket. However, women from either country were not my reason for being here, there, or in Southeast Asia. My wife of 36 years and I were looking for a suitable retirement site and from our life-long expat travels, we both liked Thailand. I do like the cost of living, the weather, the food, the people, and the cultural differences from the Western world. I did not come here for the women, tourist traps, temples, or waterfalls, but they too are nice. I certainly did not come for the traffic, crime, or corruption--although, in comparison to the Philippines,Thai corruption is slight. I have absolutely no problem with immigration, but then I am old and have money. And, so far, I am pleased with martial law. So, unless even more horrific crimes and "accidents" occur, we will probably remain.

SoiBiker, I'll not cast aspersions, but I too did not come to Thailand for the women. I was living in the Philippines before I came here, and there are more available women there than here. In fact, Filipinas may be even hungrier than Thai women for a farang meal ticket. However, women from either country were not my reason for being here, there, or in Southeast Asia. My wife of 36 years and I were looking for a suitable retirement site and from our life-long expat travels, we both liked Thailand. I do like the cost of living, the weather, the food, the people, and the cultural differences from the Western world. I did not come here for the women, tourist traps, temples, or waterfalls, but they too are nice. I certainly did not come for the traffic, crime, or corruption--although, in comparison to the Philippines,Thai corruption is slight. I have absolutely no problem with immigration, but then I am old and have money. And, so far, I am pleased with martial law. So, unless even more horrific crimes and "accidents" occur, we will probably remain.

Judging by your avatar, the accident has already happened. :P

Just you I'm thinking

But seriously,

Came here to get away from women,

I don't have your willpower though, only lasted 4 hours then one nailed me.

Yep, me too. I came here in 1979 to get away from falang women, but fell in love with Thai women, all of them. But it did take me 3 years to find (subconsciously), the right one. But I can truly say back then the attitudes of Thai women/girls was very different.

I definitely didn't come for the women.

I arrived here just over 6 years ago from Hong Kong.

I was headhunted to take on an executive IT role for a one year contract (and yes then ended up staying)

I grew up in Hong Kong so never found Asian women to be particularly special (I'll agree that they can be hot).

I have zero interest in having a relationship with someone who's family are poor or someone who has never lived overseas, has a low level of education and is not Westernised.

Therefore, whilst I have tried a few relationships here, so far I've found it impossible to find a suitable girlfriend.

Boy you are an &lt;deleted&gt;, what 1 week in here or only 25?

Maybe you should have posted this in the "gay" section.

I'm fairly sure some of them didn't come here for Thai women.

<deleted>

Who said they were young?

You are calling all Thai women prostitutes?

You hope people catch HIV (and by connection, that the Thai prostitutes have it also)?

You work with only men? Do you have female coworkers that are prostitutes?

What kind of work do you do, besides handing out the Book of Mormon?

Wow. Thanks for outing yourself as a major douche to be avoided like the plague.

Edited by CharlieH

Hands up if, like me, you've never been involved with a Thai lady during your time here.

That's not what your question in the thread title is

I didn't come here for the women. But I live here, so I am going to date Thai women, because the women here are Thai...

There are plenty of women here that aren't Thai, though.

Yes, there are plenty of non-Thai women here, but many are already married and most I have seen would not easily fit a feminine description. Barring being in a committed relationship, having some bigoted feelings toward Thais, being a woman-hater, or being homosexual, why would a normal heterosexual man not investigate a relationship with a Thai woman; especially if you lived here and liked it? How better to enjoy your stay here and acclimate to the culture?

However, for better or worse--pun intended--many Western men are totally fed-up with Western women. That may be the single most common reason for coming to Thailand for the women. Others may simply like the lower cost of recreational sex here than in the Western world. However, that is their business.

Your posts express this apparent amazement/quandary/disdain, whatever it is, that Western men do like Thai women. That seems more problematic than naive. Do you have some devious agenda which drives you?