UK pensions-life certificate

5 minutes ago, jonesthepost said:

I told the woman I had sent an e-mail and she replied we do not accept e-mails

Par for the course, I'm afraid. Not content with freezing our State Pensions, DWP seem determined to make our lives as difficult as is humanly possible in this regard.

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

Par for the course, I'm afraid. Not content with freezing our State Pensions, DWP seem determined to make our lives as difficult as is humanly possible in this regard.

I've had no trouble calling the IPC sounds like a few here are too impatient.

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

As it was explained to me, we don't spend our money in the UK so the government is not interested. As far as they are concerned the money is gone. Why should they bother about us.

If you live in the UK they can give the increases and winter allowance an free buss pass and medical because the all the other benefits we are not entitled to because the money stays within the economy.

Some logic in that I suppose, but nobody explained that to me when I was paying my NI all those years same as everybody else.

:annoyed:

1 hour ago, Daffy D said:

As it was explained to me, we don't spend our money in the UK so the government is not interested. As far as they are concerned the money is gone. Why should they bother about us.

If you live in the UK they can give the increases and winter allowance an free buss pass and medical because the all the other benefits we are not entitled to because the money stays within the economy.

Some logic in that I suppose, but nobody explained that to me when I was paying my NI all those years same as everybody else.

:annoyed:

We can ALL live in the Philippines with no ploblems regarding upgrades to pension..Go figure..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As an aside, a comparison might be interesting as to how British and Thai perceptions on who constitutes a person "of good standing in the community" for life certificate witnessing purposes differ from each other. For example, while police officers are considered to be of good standing in the UK, I get the impression that this is not necessarily the case here in Thailand. On the other hand, monks here are considered to be of good standing, but, apart from an abbott (who might legitimately be regarded as a "minister of religion"), they do not appear to fit neatly under any acceptable witnesser category.

Edited by OJAS
14 hours ago, Jip99 said:

No, but I have done several that have been posted to me....... ?

Yeah phone number and picture sign it and post it back, presents enough. ?

To be helpful in difficult circumstances and say it's fraudulent is a bit over the top.

3 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

A pension is not a benefit.... it is an entitlement. ?

Witnessing a document without the person not being present is not fraudulent................ merely an unprovable over-sight...

The witness must themselves look at one of four items belonging to the pensioner and write down it's reference number..The pensioner and the item supplied must be in front of the witness...

If anyone in Pattaya is stuck for someone to sign off their Life Certificate, Ms Rena at Thai Euro Law (opposite the side entrance to Big C, South Pattaya) will assist. I believe the fee is Bt500.

Am a satisfied customer, as I have used their notorisation services a number of times and have found them to be very efficient.

• Like 1

I get my bank manager or assistant to sign mine at the same time as they do the letter for my retirement extension...…..one visit and one fee and luckily enough my extension falls due mid October so within the window for the proof of Life certificate to be returned.

1 hour ago, transam said:

The witness must themselves look at one of four items belonging to the pensioner and write down it's reference number..The pensioner and the item supplied must be in front of the witness...

....... or not......

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

A pension is not a benefit.... it is an entitlement.

I realize you're having a wind up, you wouldn't post your illegal activities on social media like some of those FaceBook idiots who just have to let everyone know how smart they are and promptly end up facing the consequences.

Thing is these posts are read not only by TV members but also ordinary folk that perhaps don't understand the eccentricities of our group and that you're just having a larf and may take your comments seriously.

I would imagine every benefit that meets the required conditions is an entitlement. The main condition for pension payment is that the person alive. By witnessing a document of an unseen person that may actually be dead I would think falls into the "benefit Fraud" category and I believe the authorities look very unfavorably on such actions.

"Witnessing a document without the person not being present is not fraudulent................ merely an unprovable over-sight..." Good luck with that, especially if the person had actually died some time before the date of your "witnessing"

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, transam said:

That's good.....Many folk who don't live here but do ain't either....Crack on....Chum..?

Now THAT is possibly fraud ... chum ?...... although there are no cases of DWP taking any pensioner to court for a false statement. Recovering overpaid pensions, yes..... but no legal cases.

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

Now THAT is possibly fraud ... chum ?...... although there are no cases of DWP taking any pensioner to court for a false statement. Recovering overpaid pensions, yes..... but no legal cases.

You have insider info...?

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

A pension is not a benefit.... it is an entitlement. ?

Witnessing a document without the person not being present is not fraudulent................ merely an unprovable over-sight...

Under UK law the basic state pension is a benefit.

Signing the document without the presence of the person cannot be an oversight. The countersignature is to witness the signature and confirm identity

• Like 1
1 minute ago, cleopatra2 said:

Under UK law the basic state pension is a benefit.

Signing the document without the presence of the person cannot be an oversight. The countersignature is to witness the signature and confirm identity

Stop posting NONSENSE!

If it was a benefit you could not claim it in Thailand..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1