ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

We should, of course, when voting, be thinking about the posts made throughout the year rather than focusing on this thread. If you look at the topics started by some of the candidates, it kind of elevates a couple from the rest.

I think that would support my candidacy actually. I am a quality poster of substance and have started MANY threads of great interest and response in many forums. Many duds too but you don't get the hits without taking risks. LOTS of risks!

We should, of course, when voting, be thinking about the posts made throughout the year rather than focusing on this thread. If you look at the topics started by some of the candidates, it kind of elevates a couple from the rest.

I think that would support my candidacy actually. I am a quality poster of substance and have started MANY threads of great interest and response in many forums. Many duds too but you don't get the hits without taking risks. LOTS of risks!

Sanity....springs to mind....regarding...LOTS of risks ofcourse.

Merry Xmas JT! biggrin.png

Yeah whatever.

Not the same as the over the top displays you can see here.

Imagine badgering a barren woman who wants to have kids with numerous over the top HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY greetings.

That would be extremely abusive and intended to wound.

Edited by Jingthing

Could say the same about David48 too.

Across lots of forums.....and his help on the visa side can't be ignored.

• Like 1

Are you seriously comparing his visa comments to mine? You've got to be joking.

Is it right for you as Poll Lord to be supporting any candidate over another?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Yeah whatever.

Imagine badgering a barren woman who wants to have kids with numerous over the top HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY greetings.

Thanks for returning the compliment. ;)

Are you seriously comparing his visa comments to mine? You've got to be joking.

Is it right for you are Poll Lord to be supporting any candidate over another?

Merry Christmas. :lol:

Yeah whatever.

Thanks for returning the compliment. wink.png

I didn't register any complement.

OK, maybe I will try to back off from commenting on David48 (unless in direct rebuttal of a personal attack from him) even with my very justified strong NEGATIVE feelings about his posting behavior.

After all he at the BOTTOM of the pack here, he' s ALREADY last year's news, and I'm in it THIS YEAR to WIN it.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

OK, maybe I will try to back off from commenting on David48 (unless in direct rebuttal of a personal attack from him) even with my very justified strong NEGATIVE feelings about his posting behavior.

After all he at the BOTTOM of the pack here, he' s ALREADY last year's news, and I'm in it THIS YEAR to WIN it.

The Ego of a monster!

• Like 1

Personally, I don't think it is an all-or-nothing competition; I am proud to support the candidate of my choice, even if he (or she) or - well, let's just say even if they don't win.

Unfortunately, it seems that all the other candidates have suddenly become non-candidates.

And yet they have collectively have polled more votes than the front-runner in this year's race.

Perhaps next year we should let JT run the poll.

SC

• Like 2

The Ego of a monster!

I wouldn't go so far as to call David48 a monster.

The Ego of a monster!

I wouldn't go so far as to call David48 a monster.

Well at least you're trying!

Personally, I don't think it is an all-or-nothing competition; I am proud to support the candidate of my choice, even if he (or she) or - well, let's just say even if they don't win.

Unfortunately, it seems that all the other candidates have suddenly become non-candidates.

And yet they have collectively have polled more votes than the front-runner in this year's race.

Perhaps next year we should let JT run the poll.

SC

Only to not have to listen to his campaign Blethering, as he can't be poll master and candidate at the same time.

Why engage him? He has 40 votes now?

You engaging him is akin to the American President debating with a District Cub Scout team leader.

• Like 2

* sigh *

australian-tourist-visa-application - 26,000 views, 202 replies ... a pinned topic

australian-citizenship-for-your-baby-how-to-guide

private-hospital-childbirth

a-personal-story-with-a-warning-for-almost-everyone-update About getting a DVT (deep vein thrombosis)

I appreciate that none of them are important as a Restaurant Review ... but they may have relevance and importance for some people.

Just that some people just don't yell their credentials from the Roof-Top.

BTW ... I saved you lot the pain of the Farming forum one ... you really have to be a Farmer to get into them.

The above stuff is relevant because the POTY really, in my mind, the contribution that an individual made to the Forum and the people he or she helped as a result.

All, of course IMHO.

You engaging him is akin to the American President debating with a District Cub Scout team leader.

Yes and then having the District Cub Scout team leader show him how it's done!

• Like 1

* sigh *

australian-tourist-visa-application - 26,000 views, 202 replies ... a pinned topic

a-personal-story-with-a-warning-for-almost-everyone-update About getting a DVT (deep vein thrombosis)

I appreciate that none of them are important as a Restaurant Review ... but they may have relevance and importance for some people.

BTW ... I saved you lot the pain of the Farming forum one ... you really have to be a Farmer to get into them.

The above stuff is relevant because the POTY really, in my mind, the contribution that an individual made to the Forum and the people he or she helped as a result.

All, of course IMHO.

There is the snark again.

As if I am only about restaurant reviews.

Of course I am proud of that ... but there is much more.

Thanks for your contributions.

But you won LAST YEAR.

Not sure why you're even here after last year except for relentless campaigning.

As Poll Lord, previous winners will be INELIGIBLE.

We don't need any EGO DRIVEN DYNASTIES here.

I for one, if I ever do win, will have the CLASS to decline being in the running for ANY future race.

The satisfaction of winning one of these annual contests should not be HOGGED by anyone.

Edited by Jingthing

* sigh *

All, of course IMHO.

There is the snark again.

As if I am only about restaurant reviews.

Of course I am proud of that ... but there is much more.

Thanks for your contributions.

But you won LAST YEAR.

Not sure why you're even here after last year except for relentless campaigning.

As Poll Lord, previous winners will be INELIGIBLE.

We don't need any EGO DRIVEN DYNASTIES here.

And this is the season of goodwill!!

Do you think it was "goodwill" to suggest the only contribution I have made is restaurant reviews? It was deliberate snark.

My name is Jingthing. I try for maximum TRUTHINESS.

I don't play snarky fake smile play acting games of ACTING like I am super polite while stabbing you in the back.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes and then having the District Cub Scout team leader show him how it's done!

Oh yes, happens all the time.

Do you think it was "goodwill" to suggest the only contribution I have made is restaurant reviews? It was deliberate snark.

My name is Jingthing. I try for maximum TRUTHINESS.

I don't play snarky fake smile play acting games of ACTING like I am super polite while stabbing you in the back.

I guess it's a question of perception.